I usually stay at the Ovolo 286 Queens Road but for a change decided to try one of the several other 'boutique' hotels in Sheung Wan. Overall it was a good stay. How does it compare with the Ovolo? Some things both hotels do equally well/score equally highly: good location (Mercer is slightly closer to Central but not by much); free minibar; free and good wifi; small (just about OK) gym. The Ovolo gets extra marks for having a free mini launderette (very useful if you are staying more than a few days) and having a nice lounge area behind the (1st floor) reception. The Mercer scores for having much bigger rooms (the rooms at the Ovolo are tiny - no room for a wardrobe for example) which had a coffee maker,sink and microwave; for much better (free in both hotels) breakfast - the one at the Ovolo is acceptable, at the Mercer it is excellent (smoked salmon, good pastries, nice cooked stuff with perfectly done scrambled eggs for example); and the lifts are co-ordinated (in the Ovolo they aren't so everyone just pushes both buttons which slows everything down). Where would I stay next time? I like the Ovolo and it feels like 'home' in HK since I've stayed there many times...both are good choices but I think that I'd probably choose the Mercer: the rooms in the Ovolo really are small and I don't really look forward to the breakfasts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Citadines Mercer delivers contemporary luxury and comfort with large spacious rooms in the fashionable up and coming Sheung Wan area. The new boutique hotel is only 1 minute from Sheung Wan MTR station, and within easy walking distance of Central’s prime business, shopping and dining locations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Citadines Mercer Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mercer Hotel Hong Kong
- Citadines Mercer Hong Kong