This place is a deal.
What a contrast this "not 5 star" hotel is to the 5 star competitors. Location in Central was great, and the tiny room--mirrored and fairly sound proof--was very comfortable. On the last day, I could hear noisy neighbors through the walls, but it was tolerable, and only lasted a little while. The room was immaculate, and the breakfast buffet was stunning-- not lots of different things, but a few excellent selections. The smoked duck was a real treat.
The desk was efficient and helpful, without any of that aggressive servility that one can find in the 5 Stars.
A real plus was the clientele--from families to business travelers to couples--it was a nice, hip mix. The nearby Western food restaurants--particularly the crepe restaurant down the street--were friendly and fine for single travelers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Citadines Mercer delivers contemporary luxury and comfort with large spacious rooms in the fashionable up and coming Sheung Wan area. The new boutique hotel is only 1 minute from Sheung Wan MTR station, and within easy walking distance of Central’s prime business, shopping and dining locations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Citadines Mercer Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mercer Hotel Hong Kong
- Citadines Mercer Hong Kong