“Horrible and never again”

Saffron Indian Restaurant
Ranked #6,273 of 8,734 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Indian
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Singapore, Singapore
“Horrible and never again”
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

I'll keep it short. I'd you want to waste your hard earned money on lousy food that is over priced in a restaurant that is dated and run down and if you want horrible service go here. To top it all there was a loud card session happening behind curtains to screw up our meal even more.

1 Thank saber13

india
“good indian food....”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

good indian veg food is served here with nice staff & good ambience.it is situated in nice location near tst east station.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank nitish99
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Little India”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Fab location near Avenue of Stars inside Wing-on Plaza. AUthentic Punjabi food topped with lassi and papad. Good service.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank PriyaAnanthan
Lincolnshire, England
“Great Indian near the Kowloon Shangri-La”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Fancied a change of pace after a few days of chinese food so went to the Saffron. Excellent food. They have a great selection of food and wine to choose from. We had a starter and a main and it was delicious. Would recommend it.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank JohnMondo
Yorkshire, England
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I tried this resturant because of all the great reviews. When we arrived, the resturant was very empty with quite a dull atmosphere. The menu was good with a wide variety of dishes to choose from and we received complimentary popodums however it is very overpriced. It is more expensive then some of the better indian resturants on the Island with prime locations. My husband's Lamb Bhuna curry was around hk$153 alone.
We ordered 2 starters, 2 curry's, bread & rice. Our starters were good but nothing special and not worth the price. Our mains came shortly after and they gave us the wrong curry, they took it back into the kitchen and replaced it with the correct curry which I ordered however my rice had gone cold by then and was not replaced. As I was about to tuck into my curry there was a big thick black hair poking out of my paneer which totally put me off eating it.
I left the curry and when the waitress came over the conversation went like this.....
(me)'There is a hair in my curry' (waitress)'Are you not going to eat your curry'
(me)'No.....there is a hair in it' (waitress) 'I know'
She took the curry away with no appology.
They brought the bill shortly after and I was not charged for the hairy curry but even without this the bill was still more expensive then other indian resturants we go to in Hong Kong

I was very disappointed with this resturant as I have read all the good reviews and was looking forward to trying it. I thought the service was poor and the food was very overpriced. I will not be returning.

• Visited September 2012