“Oasis in the desert” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of new sangeet

new sangeet
Ranked #5,261 of 7,790 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Navi Mumbai, India
“Oasis in the desert”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

If you are Indian and you are in any part of china food is going to be a huge problem for you. Normal Indians cant afford the Chinese food. Especially if you are a vegetarian then you may starve to death. Here comes the importance of Indian restaurants. New Sangeet is one of the few best restaurants in Hongkong for all categories of people including Indians. Food is tasty, good service, nice and polite staff, prompt attention. Above all the mind blowing live music. Though the lady appeared in almost 6 inch make up, her voice did not need any make up and was just awesome. In totally very good

• Visited October 2013

Buren an der Aare, Switzerland
“Too expensive !”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

Tandoori chicken was HKD 190 and a Indian fried rice HKD 75 .I had ordered this without looking up the price at the menue. But the most expensive are the drinks ! They charged me HKD for 44 for a medium sized Kingfisher beer. I think this is really terribly expensive. I had asked the waitress if the bottle was large, what she confirmed when I ordered, but it turned out that the bottles are actually medium to small size only. Unfortunately I also didn't look up the price of the beer in the menu. If I knew the beer is so expensive I wouldnt have ordered one. I felt like I'm being cheated on the price of this beer. My total bill for the Tandoori chicken, the fried rice, one Indian beer and one ice tea including the 10% came to HKD 378 whis is 49 US-Dollars. I think this is very expensive if compared to their dinner buffet which is about HKD 170 for all you can eat.
Also, I didn't like that the musicians when I looked at them took a HKD 100 bill and fixed it on the keyboard to demonstrate to me that they're expecting a tip.I won't go back to this restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“Enjoyed my late night dinner with live music”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Craving for Indian food is the identity of a hardcore Indian out of India so I reached to this place with my family.it was after 10 pm so the set dinner buffet was over and we had to go for ala carte and from dal makhani to naans,steamed rice,pea pulav to chicken tikka masala and some kabobs were ordered and this tasteful dinner was enjoyed over a live musical ,listening to the ghazals rendered by a silky voicced singer.only one thing they can do because every other is very good that they should check their prices and make it little lower if it suits their arrangements to keep up the place going.i not only enjoyed food but had some favourite Indian songs sung beautifully for us especially and for others who wanted to do so.

• Visited October 2013
New York City, New York
“Excellent buffet and outstanding Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I tasted a bit of everything and it All was fantastic to say the very least. Best Indian food since New York City. I will come back often for this food. The area seems out dated but this place is a real hidden Gem. The manger and staff A++++ They work to bring you back again. May be hard to find but look For it. It's well worth it

Noida
“True tasting Indian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

I'm in HongKong on a business trip. I stayed at Causeway area. This place does not have any good Indian restaurants to talk of. For a week I had almost no food at all. I was craving for good homely delicious home cooked meal. Thats when we discovered Sangeet. We went there and hogged on food after a loooonggg time.

Highlights:

Things taste like they do in India.
Not too much oil.
taste is mild and homely
I loved the dal fry here. Tasted like Dal should
Naan was delicious.
Aloo paratha was made of atta not maida which they usually do here in HongKong.
I tried tomato soup and it was great and soothing and yummy.
The gravies taste different for each dish.
Not too heavy on the pocket.
Overall value for money.