“Good Value - Excellent Location”
Review of Causeway Corner

Causeway Corner
Ranked #37 of 158 Specialty Lodging in Hong Kong
Hong Kong
“Good Value - Excellent Location”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed for a month here as you can only rent by the month and we are very happy with our choice. This service apt is located next to MTR in bustling Causeway Bay and you can't really do any better by location since HK has the most expensive real estate in the world. Our room is small - but fair by HK standard and everything is modern and well appointed. Staff is friendly and there's 24 hr security at the gate. There's a microwave and induction cooker and simple utensils for us to cook noodles and warm up food if needed. Price is excellent as you rent by the month so if you break down daily, you can't find a hotel at this location at this price. We were even able to store our luggage here for free for 10 days after our departure for Beijing and the luggage was in one piece when we picked it up later - Thanks Causeway Corner.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MMWife

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,422 helpful votes
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The room was smaller than it looked in the photos, but adequate enough for our needs. It was very clean and staff clean the room and change towels daily except on Sundays, so do note when planning your trip. Also note that the hotel is undergoing renovation of its offices on the third floor; surprisingly there was little noise, though a smell of lacquer was present on the last two days. Check in and checking out was very fast and efficient, and the staff, especially those manning the first floor lobby, were friendly and helpful. You can also do laundry cheaply in the basement. There is a microwave and kettle, but you need to bring your own coffee or teabags. There is also free wired broadband, but we brought our own router and had wireless setup easily. Restaurants and amenities such as supermarkets are just round the corner. Transport options are also very convenient - the MTR, buses and the Hong Kong island tram, as well as the mini bus to Repulse Bay and Stanley, are just minutes away.

Room Tip: Ask for a non smoking floor, and perhaps a high floor with a sliver of harbour view between two buil...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Orator11
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My family and I , 4 persons in group did our own plan tour in Hong Kong. I am delighted that I chosen Causeway corner for my stay in Hong Kong Island.

The hotel located in business n shopping center , MRT of causeway bay . Room are very clean and neat.

Surrounding got very good restaurants and cha chan ding " Hong Kong Typical Small Tea Restaurant " served located set meals.

I particular impressed by the service attitude of the hotel staff. I was caught in the traffic jam on the last day (Friday evening) visit in Hong Kong, from Hong Kong Ocean park Out to hotel n to airport . I might miss my flight back home, I decided to call hotel asked for helps, the hotel manager and staff were very helpful and not hesitate to assist me, the staff helps bring my check out bags and luggage to Airport Express Terminal, finally I able to catch my flight back home safely.

I sincerely offer my appreciation and many thanks to the management and all staffs of causeway corner service apartment. I would highly recommend to all my friends about your esteem hotel .

• Stayed November 2012
4 Thank Williamwl
Sydney
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed at The Causeway Corner for two week in Aug/Sept 2012. All in all I had a very good experience and have no hesitation in recommending this place. For a bit more money it is a much safer bet than the cubby holes advertised in other websites. The big plus is that the building does have non-smoking floors. Although they cannot guarantee a non-smoking floor at the time of booking they made an exception for me because of health reasons.

The location can't be beat. It is 5 mins to Sogo, Times Square and all the shopping and dining in between. One morning I strolled over to The Excelsior Hotel a few blocks away and enjoyed a huge buffet breakfast there! You will be spoilt for choice in terms of food and shopping in this location! The Causeway Bay MTR station is just across the street from the building.

My room is really a glorified hotel room equipped with a microwave, induction hotplate, kettle and cups and saucers etc plus a good sized fridge. All local calls and LAN broadband are included. Room has it's own direct line. I hooked up my iPad to the Lan cable with a travel router which is really not encouraged by the management but they still sent someone up to help me when I ran into trouble! The service here is first class. The staff are friendly, responsive and things get sorted at the speed of light. The room is also equipped with a flat panel TV, DVD player and even a universal plug. There's a ceiling fan for those who prefer that to air conditioning, which was arctic! The bathroom is a very decent size with a powerful shower, even though hot water was a bit erratic during my stay.

Security is good in the building with 24 hr guard and key card access. There are two gyms around the corner in Elizabeth House but most contracts are for one month. There's a common laundry room in the building together with His and Hers Japanese baths......a real treat if you are here in the winter! There's also heaps of storage in the room.

All in all it has been a good experience. If I had to be picky I would say that they could improve on the housekeeping. If it were not for the tatty towels, stained bedding and unclean cups and saucers which I found on arrival I would have given them 5 stars. These are minor niggles because all I had to do was wash the cups and saucers again and finish with alcohol wipes. As for the towels and linen you can get housekeeping to change whatever you don't like. The room does not have a proper kitchenette sink so everything was done in the bathroom sink with hand wash liquid soap! The maid will only clean the room if the sign is put out. This was a real boon for me not to have maids banging on my door every morning!

Room Tip: If you're a non smoker, don't forget to ask for a non smoking floor. I was in 801. The a/c...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Divinemsmay
Japan
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Booked this hotel on the day of the stay as the price was competitive even compared with small hotels in Wan Chai / Sheung Wan areas.

The room was spacious with essential amenities like bottled water, tea kettle, slippers, toiletries, large tv and free wifi. The bedroom was overlooking the bay area in Causeway Bay, and the shower room was spacious and was equipped with modern shower.

It was quiet in the room and the bed was comfortable. They also offer evening turndown.

The location is excellent if you want to hang around in Hong Kong island; even if you want to go over to Kowloon side, you just need to take an easy ride on the subway/MRT.

Compared with other hotels, the value for money is great and I would definitely return back.

Room Tip: Higher room overlooking the bay side.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Jakarta
Reviewed February 18, 2012

We're very glad that we found this serviced apartment.At first, we didn't expect much since the price is budget friendly. It is our first time to Hong Kong and when we arrived at the apartment we were totally shocked with the location, it is near everywhere. Right in the heart of Causeway Bay area. The closest MTR is only less than 5 minutes walk, Sogo Department store and Time Square is also less than 5 minutes walk. There are plenty of restaurant in front of the apartment and the view from our room is fantastic! You can see the harbor and the high road, as well as many of Hong kong skyscraper, very beautiful.

The room is small but we manage to put our 2 huge luggage (20 Kg each) inside. The bathroom is also small, only a walking shower. Even though the staff is not that friendly but they are very helpful and all of them can speak English quite well. You can ask them to make up your room too everyday.

It's also a fully equipment too, they have microwave, mini kitchen, eating utensils, Flat TV, DVD, hairdryer, etc inside the room. And for outside, they have Japanese hot-tube (which we didn't have time to try it) and also a self-laundry machine, it's a good idea since we travel for a week into 2 different countries but we didn't bring much clothes.

In our opinion, this place is beyond our expectation. And if we ever go back to Hong Kong we definitely will choose this place to stay in again.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor, higher room has a great view. We stayed at level 15 and the view was spectacul...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank Chimut
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I found this place through Agoda. What attracted me was the location and the rate. We normally stay at Park Lane Hotel because of its excellent location but I took a chance on Causeway Corner because of the location and the rate (around $200/night only vs Park Lane's +/-$320/night). I'm glad I did.

The location is even better than Park Lane's. It is near Sogo Dept Store, World Trade Center, Times Square, Fashion Walk, Ikea and there are a lot of good restaurants in the area (Tsui Wah, Hui Lan Shan, etc) as well as a Wellcome supermarket and Mannings Drug Store. The walk from Park Lane to Times Square is around 15min but from Causeway Corner it is only around 8min. The MTR is less than 1min away. You can take the Airport Express and exit at B (Percival St.) and it is but a short walk.

Check-in was quick even though we got there early at 12noon. You have to put in a HK$1,000 security deposit but this will be given back to you when you check out. The lady who checked us in was very accommodating going so far as to help my husband set up the internet LAN connection on our Macbook in our room. Internet is free as well as local calls.

The room was small and compact but very clean. The bathroom had the usual toiletries (handsoap, bath gel, shampoo and conditioner) and a hairdryer was also available right inside the room. There was a ref and a microwave so you could buy some food outside and eat them in the room. The bed was comfortable and the sheets were not shabby. We requested for 2 additional pillows and there was no problem with that. There's also a big flat screen tv and cable network and even a dvd player.

If you want your room refreshed, you need only put up the sign outside the door by 1pm. If you don't then they will presume that you want your privacy and they will not clean it.

Security is very good as you need to scan your key card first before you can gain access through the front door and onto the elevator. There is also a night security man who screens visitors.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple