“Great Hotel with a great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel ICON

Hotel ICON
Ranked #5 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Great Hotel with a great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

A very nice hotel with spacious rooms with great bath areas--both a tub and large walk-in shower. An excellent restaurant on the top floor. Very courteous staff. Well located . Best value for a great hotel in HK

Room Tip: I choose a deluxe room
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear winetravelers2014,

Thank you for reviewing your most recent stay at the Hotel ICON. I am so glad to learn that my staff was able to make your stay that much more enjoyable! It is reviews like this that make me proud of my team. We constantly strive to go above and beyond for our guests. We would love to welcome you back again. Please email me directly and I will make sure you get a great room at a special rate.

general.manager@hotel-icon.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,503)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hasselt, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Beautiful designed hotel. Rooms are equiped with smartphones that can be used in the city (free internet access, very much appreciated by our teenage children but also very practical to give directions. Rooms are beautifull, spacious and very clean. Free minibar was appreciated.
Hotel shuttle that has a 20 minutes loop, very handy!
Beautifull swimming pool, pool boy brings towels, water, some pieces of watermelon, ...
Breakfast is great - never seen a larger range.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Limburg1971,

We love doing what we do and are so incredibly happy that you enjoyed your time with us.

We hope to be able to look after you again in the not too distant future. If you are planning on visiting us again, please contact me directly. I will book you in a great room at a special price.

Banbury, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is a fantastic modern & contemporary hotel with stunning views of HK harbour (the higher the floor the better), with brilliant staff with an absolute want to make everything perfect.

We stayed in a Club Harbour 38 and got a room on 27th floor (2710), which was gorgeous and fantastic views over the habour.

The added benefits of the Club room were absolutely worth the extra with afternoon tea and evening cocktails and canapés a great touch.

It isn't in the best location in HK, but it makes up for this is so many more ways.

Just one of the best - period!

Room Tip: go as high as you can and go for the club rooms
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PoisonDwarf
Dear PoisonDwarf,

We are humbled by your compliments and are truly delighted that you enjoyed ICON in your own special way.

We will never sit still and will constantly strive to improve what we do.

Please let me know personally if you are coming back and I will do my best to reserve a nice room for you.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

What is there to say about a close to perfect hotel?! From our arrival to our departure we had a ball. We stayed in a suite corner room which was amazing. The view over Hong Kong was spectacular. We would just sit and stare at it every night!

The thing that sets this place apart is the staff. Everyone we encountered without exception was friendly and professional. From checking in at Above and Beyond to the incredible room attendants. Nothing was too much hassle.

We loved the location. It really is in a perfect spot in Kowloon. 5 minute walk to Nathan Road or just jump on the free bus. Plus right opposite the hotel are so many shops and restaurants if you don't want to go far.

Downsides? If I was really pushed I would say the food in Green was just ok. But that's the only complaint.

Can't wait to go back. Honestly the best hotel I have ever stayed in!

Thank you!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Paul H,

Thanks for your review regarding the stay at Hotel ICON.

I am glad to know that you liked our rooms and unique hospitality. Our staff has always been the greatest asset and it’s good to see that you have enjoyed our Iconic Hospitality.

I have also shared your experience at Green with the F&B team. Any suggestions or comments are of great value to us as we rely on these to continually improve the quality of our products and services.

Hopefully we will see you again soon staying with us. Let me know personally if I could help with your future stays.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

Don't get me wrong this is still an amazing hotel and brilliant for modern luxury with a twist. I would definitely stay again and would also take a family. I though there might have been a better welcome for someone who had stayed previously? We had the harbour 36 this time instead of harbour 38. We definitely felt the downgrade.. Not as much in mini bar, different products and no coffee machine. I am sure there were more differences. We had to ask for a lot of things too.. If two people share a room, two lots of products are needed? Saying that room lovely. We ate in all the restaurants and they are all good, with varied menus And costs to suit. The top floor restaurant is great and set meals a treat if you can't decide. I have wondered about whether upgrading to the above and beyond club both times I have stayed. But I'm not sure it's worth it: the lounge is in situ of the bar and feels like an airport lounge, with only one good view and a lot of coming and going as it is next to the entrance of the bar and restaurant. I loved the restaurant green, the set lunch was lovely and great value. Breakfasts are really great but was a bit miffed to be served the bill during the breakfast even though we were on a prepaid rate. Will come back but need to be wooed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sarah s
Dear sarah s,

Thank you for your review; we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us here at Hotel ICON with the online travelling community. We were pleased that you enjoyed our hospitality.

I have also taken careful note of some of the details of your stay and reassure you that they will be addressed.

I look forward to welcoming you here on your next visit, please contact me directly and I will see if we can provide you with a great room at a special discounted price.

Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights on our way home to New Zealand. This hotel is in Kowloon Island not Hong Kong Island. It is a modern hotel that has a huge vertical garden in the lobby and lounge/restaurant area. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. The free Alcatel touch you can use during your stay is a great innovated idea.The free mini bar is a nice touch along with the free wifi. We got the free shuttle bus everyday down to harbour city shopping mall from there is it a short ferry ride over to Hong Kong Island and the IFC shopping mall. We did the big bus hop on hop off your didn't rate this. (Don't bother, the driving of the bus drivers is horrible.) after we did that it was so nice to come back to Hotel Icon were there is a relaxing atmosphere. Breakfast is fantastic a great selection. Highly recommend this hotel, I will definitely be returning on my next visit to Hong Kong. Thank you Hotel Icon, keep up the wonderful job you do!

Stayed August 2014
Dear Kiwilass,

Thanks for your post. It was great to read that you found our little touches delightful and had a wonderful stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back to stay with us in the future, do keep in touch and let me know when you need any help with a room in Hong Kong.

Newcastle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

We stayed at hotel Icon for 5 nights. Modern rooms. We had our daughter in a fold down bed bedside our bed and there was enough room to move around the king bed still. The mini bar was useful for water, beer, coke and had a few packets of m and m's every day. I wouldn't let this be a deciding factor in booking to stay here. We ate at all the restaurants and particularly enjoyed breakfast at The Market Restaurant. This was about $100 Australian. On most days we walked to 3minutes across to Starbucks or a local bakery which was very affordable. Dinner at the top of the hotel was well worth it.
As a family we particularly enjoyed the pool. It has lovely deck chairs for mum's to enjoy while the kids can swim. They provided lovely fresh towels, noodles (pool toy)and bar service ( I'd highly recommend the piña coladas). My daughter and I enjoyed dinner by the pool. The children's meals were healthy and fresh. Eg home made fish fingers and salad. The pool has great views over looking the water and city. You can watch the light show from here. (Though don't expect much with this).
The bus service was good and I loved the location. Surrounded by restaurants and shops( local and international). We walked and walked and the hotel is in a good location to explore. Catching the MTR was easy from here.
We would stay here again. The service was excellent and friendly attending to what ever we needed. The staff were excellent with our preschooler and frequently gave out teddy bears.

Room Tip: We'd ask for a view next time.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear natnadam,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hotel ICON. We were thrilled to welcome you all as our guests. It was such a pleasure to read that you were so impressed with our team during your time in Hong Kong. We continuously strive to create a truly memorable experience for you, our guest. Your kind words let us know we are succeeding, so from all of us thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with the travelling community.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future, do please feel free to get in touch with me personally next time you visit Hong Kong.