“Excellent service, great hotel!”
Review of Hotel ICON

Hotel ICON
Ranked #5 of 725 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed July 17, 2014

This is a teaching hotel, beautifully appointed and well run. There was no shortage of helpful staff to meet every need or question. At times there was a language barrier with housekeeping and laundry staff, but all other staff were excellent in english. I would recommend the club floor with included breakfast. The breakfast had a wide variety of Asian and western food and many dishes were gluten free (including excellent muffins and cereals). The club experience also includes cocktails, cheeses and cold meats and warm appetizers served between 6pm and 8pm on the 28th floor. Afternoon tea is also available and the complimentary min bar is restocked to your liking twice a day. We had no problem getting around, either by their mini bus or by cab. A great hotel experience which I hope to enjoy again

Room Tip: We were located in a club room on the 26th floor facing the city. The room was quiet and beautifull...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear maureen c,

Thanks for your post and positive feedback about your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you liked ICON. We hope to welcome you back to stay with us again in the near future.

Please feel free to email me directly if you need any help with a room in Hong Kong.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Hong Kong was the first port of call on ourHong Kong/Japan trip and we stayed at the Icon for 5 nights, we had a harbour view and we were fortunate enough to have 5 clear and sunny days in hong Kong so we woke up each morning with a stunning view of the harbour and it really brought a smile to mine and my wife's face first thing in the morning. The selection and standard of the food on offer for breakfast at the market was fantastic, the room was very spacious with a big bathroom and the free phone was so handy for locating places. Although it has been highlighted that the Icon is not in the best of locations we didn't have any issues with it, we walked back twice from Nathan road and it took only 10 minutes and we actually enjoyed the walk. However the best thing about the Icon is the staff without the great staff you don't have a great hotel.

Room Tip: Get a harbour view, you won't regret it
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Cheung L,

Thanks for your exceptional review regarding the stay at Hotel ICON and I am glad to know that you liked our rooms. Our staff has always been the greatest asset and it’s good to see that you have enjoyed our ICON hospitality. Hopefully we will see you again soon staying with us.

Do feel free to email me directly if I can assist with any travel arrangements.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

This is a delayed review as I've stayed twice at Hotel Icon, once in Jan 2013 and April 2014. Absolutely LOVED it. Each and every staff, from the Concierge to the waiters in the restaurants were tremendously helpful and had such passion for what they were doing. You can see it in their smiles.

In terms of location, this is located within East Tsim Sha Tsui. It is a "little" away from the main Tsim Sha Tsui stretch that is along Canton Road. However, I welcome the fact that it's slightly away from the mad hustle and bustle. The Tsim Sha Tsui (TST) MTR is about 15 min walk from the hotel. You have a choice of using Hung Hom MTR or East Tsim Sha Tsui MTR station, my suggestion would be to do the 15min walk as it allows you to connect to more lines faster.

In terms of rooms, I loved the well sized rooms which is at least >400sqf. This is pretty huge given that typical hk hotel rooms are <250 sqf. The view of the harbour was brilliant. The minibar is FREE. Yes, that's right... FREE. Hence, you can drink as much as you can... but please note they are all non-alcoholic beverages. They refill it daily. That made my day! There's a printer, full stationery items and a long table which was perfect for working. The bed was firm yet soft (I hope I'm making sense?)... one of those amazing comfy beds you wished you could bring home.

The room service menu and restaurants within the hotel were delish! The Market - you should head there for their buffet lunch (I would strongly suggest to make a reservation as the waiting list is often a month in advance), the international spread was absolutely lovely! Right across the road, you would also be able to find local cuisine in Tsui Wah, Tai Heng (BBQ pork/Roasted Goose)... There's two 24 hour convenient stores right across the road too, just in case you need some mid night snacks or drinks beyond the mini bar.

Also, Hotel Icon is pretty famous within HK hence have no fear when you're taking the taxi's and wonder if they understand English or know where they're going. Most taxi drivers know where the hotel is, if anything you can just tell them its across Chinachem Golden Plaza on Mody road. Access to the airport - you can take a taxi to bring you to the Kowloon station where you can take the Airport Express, I would recommend this as it would cost about HKD$30-40 to get to the station and HKD$90 to get on the Express train that takes <25min to the airport. You can take the taxi all the way to the airport, that would take about 30-40min (depending on traffic.. esp. between 6.30pm - 8pm Austin road gets pretty jammed up so you may be stuck for quite awhile) and that would cost anywhere between HKD$220 - 300. Also, taxi's in HKG charge a surcharge of HKD$5 (either $5 or $8 I can't recall the exact pricing) for each piece of luggage.

If you need any last minute shopping, there's also a huge DFS store right across selling chocolates to luxury goods. If you like science, the HKG science museum is just 5 min walk from the hotel.

P.S: If you can, make time for the pool and gym! You won't regret it!

Room Tip: The corner suites have amazing views of the harbour.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank cordeeeeeelia

Dear cordeeeeeelia,

We are humbled by your compliments and are truly delighted that you enjoyed ICON in your own special way.

We will never sit still and will constantly strive to improve what we do.

Please let me know personally if you are coming back and I will do my best to reserve a nice room for you.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

beautiful well thought out hotel a little off the beaten track in Hong Kong. Well appointed rooms
with complimentary smart phone to make free international calls (not to all countries) and use to guide you around Hong Kong. Free mini bar. Club lounge is welcoming and well run with charming staff.
restaurants, serve delicious food. Well equipped gym and not bad sized swimming pool.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear cathy4563,

Thank you very much indeed for the lovely review.

We are most grateful to you for sharing your experiences at Hotel ICON, especially the "Handy Phone" and the Club Lounge. I hope we can see you again very soon.

Let me know personally if I can assist with your travel arrangements next time.

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Really pleasant, good views, clean rooms. Breakfast is excellent, pleased I took advise and booked Club, it worth the extra cost for access to Above & Beyond. Staff very keen to look after you. Had dinner at Above & Beyond and had a lot of fun chatting to the waiters. Night views of the island were really spectacular.

Dear AustralianTravel,

Thank you so much for your kind and generous review.

I send you the regards of the entire team. We wish you safe travels and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Please do keep in touch and let me know when you need any help with a room in Hong Kong.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

I was expecting a lot from this hotel and they delivered. The pool and gym has an amazing view. We didn't fully used the included minibar but I did feel it was a nice feature such as the smartphone that you can take with you and feed data to your devices. Breakfast was also excellent.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear vincebilodeau,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful impression of your stay at ICON.

The team and I thank you so much for your compliments and we send our best wishes.

Next time you visit, please email me directly and I will see if we can provide you with a great room at a special discounted price.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stayed here for four days in April with my wife as a final stop on a round the world trip. It is sensational! From the large room with the spectacular harbour views to the free smartphone that they give you, the printer in your room, the free mini bar, the fantastic restaurant with a multiplicity of food from all around the world, to the excellent service and friendly helpful staff to the free shuttle buses, this was a hotel stay that contributed hugely to my wife's very favourable impression of Hong Kong - her first visit but almost certainly not the last. And Hotel Icon will be first choice when we return.
The only very slight drawback is that it is just off the main action areas in Tsim Sha Tsui, but Hong Kong is so quick and easy to navigate on public transport that it is hardly cause for complaint. Wonderful!!

Room Tip: Pick a harbour view - we were on the 27th floor
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sweetfa
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear Sweetfa,

Thank you for your wonderful review and for saying that you will return – we look forward to your next visit.

Next time you visit, please email me directly and I can make sure you get a great room at a great rate.