“Indeed worth it!”
Review of Hotel ICON

Hotel ICON
Ranked #5 of 725 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The soft bed, the powerful shower, the best buffet we had...I could go on! This hotel is on the smaller side, a bit boutique. It is beautiful with great service minus the snotty Hong Kong attitude of other places. The buffet was a stand out. The lighting was amazing, silly thing to mention but I remember particularly liking it! The location is near the subway, not super close, but close enough.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Judith G,
Thank you so much for giving us such candid feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay, our staff really appreciate your kind comments.
We hope we see you again at the hotel soon and do let me know if I can help with future stays.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

From the pick up at the hotel to the personalized check in... this is a wonderful hotel. I booked a 38 harbor view club room. I was met immediately as my car pulled up to the hotel and take directly to my room where I was checked in. The Above and Beyond club room for evening cocktails and Hors d'oeuvre is outstanding. I did not use the club room for their continental breakfast as my room rate included the breakfast buffet at The Market. This has to be the most amazing morning buffet I have ever seen. I was there over a Sunday and The Market Sunday brunch/lunch is a must if you are there for a Sunday. The staff does not get any better... great job guys.

This is the second time I stayed at this hotel and it will not be the last.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank KenAlaska

Dear KenAlaska,
Thank you very much indeed for the lovely review.
We are most grateful to you for sharing your experience in Above & Beyond Club Lounge and The Market Restaurant, I hope we can say hello again very soon.
Let me know personally if I can assist with your travel arrangements next time.
With best wishes,

Reviewed March 4, 2014

To start, the hotel allowed us to use the rooftop swimming pool a day before we were checking in (from which we drank long island ice teas brought to us by the pool bar staff and watched the Hong Kong skyline.) I asked our waiter if he knew any good Mexican food restaurants and he disappeared for one moment then came back with phone numbers, directions and names of restaurants. Our bedroom was simply divine! Giant windows with scenic views, plush white robes, huge waterfall shower and a free-standing bathtub. Service in every aspect was beyond what we could have dreamed! We also dined at the rooftop restaurant and were more than pleased with every course. We were immediately given personal attention by the manager and several servants happy to provide recommendations for drinks and food. It was definitely the best food I had in all of Hong Kong (which is really saying something) and cheaper than we had anticipated. Overall, a really excellent hotel

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Corley S,
We are humbled by your compliments and are truly delighted that you enjoyed ICON in your own special way.
We will never sit still and will constantly strive to improve what we do.
Please let me know personally if you are coming back and I will do my best to reserve a nice room for you.
With best personal regards,

Reviewed March 3, 2014

This is a superb hotel - great rooms, great breakfast. Just loved our time here. Me and my husband spent 3 nights here for our anniversary then 3 nights in Singapore. This was a great start to our anniversary. Would love to visit again

2  Thank KristineUk
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear KristineUk,
Thank you for choosing Hotel ICON to celebrate your special stay. We were thrilled to be a part of your experience.
Our aim here at ICON is to create a truly memorable experience for every guest and your comments let us know we are succeeding, so from all of us thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with others.
We hope that you will think of us again on your next visit to Hong Kong.

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

The Icon provided us a sanctuary during our 3 nights stay in Hong Kong. The Lobby had a vertical garden and brought in lots of natural light. We instantly felt at home there. Everything from check in, to lunch, to the staff at breakfast was perfect. The staff were friendly and efficient. Our rooms were well appointed and I loved the lay out of the rooms and bathroom- we had a harbour view room, adequate closet spaceand our bathroom had both a shower and tub. The shuttle bus was also efficient taking us just behind the Peninsula hotel or harbour City which allows us to easily jump in the Star ferry or an MTR.
I've thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Hong Kong.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SID&AKAY

Dear SID&AKAY,
Thank you for leaving your review on this website following your recent stay.
I am delighted that our hotel left such an impression on you. Our teams work hard to ensure all our guests’ stays are as comfortable and memorable as possible, and I am delighted that they were able to do just that on this occasion. Our rooms are indeed some of the largest in the city, and we offer a host of extras that are appreciated.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel ICON on your next visit.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Having stayed at the incomparable Mandarin Oriental on our last trip to Hong Kong we thought we should try somewhere different this time, to make sure that we were not disappointed by a second visit to a hotel which has often been described as one of the best in the world.

To say that we were bowled over by the Hotel Icon would be an understatement.

It was a very enjoyable experience and our 4 night stay was faultless.

It is a little away from the heart of things in Kowloon, but there is a free shuttle bus service which runs every 20 minutes. Once you know your way around it is really only 15 mins walk to the harbourside end of Nathan Road.

It has a modern and relaxed feel but this does not in any way compromise the service excellence which was truly 5 star.

Added to that the building is interesting and impressive, with it's living wall and top class facilities.

But as with all service businesses the thing that matters most is the quality of the staff and their attitude and willingness to make the guest feel welcome. The staff at the Icon were without exception polite, friendly and helpful throughout our stay.

Room Tip: We had a club room - we would recommend one of these rooms as the service open to you in Above and B...

Dear M8KHS2014,
Thank for once again choosing to stay with us at Hotel ICON. We are delighted that we were able to meet your high expectations and offer a memorable experience to you.
We are all dedicated to offering a luxury service for every guest, so your praise of us, the team, is greatly appreciated. Please accept our thanks from all of us here.
We very much look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We had a fantastic
3 days at Icon in a Harbour View room.Don't let the location put you off - there's a hotel shuttle that'll take you to Tsim Sha Tsui MTR station or near Star Ferry, running every twenty minutes, and operating a pick up on return.We included the buffet breakfast with our accommodation .There is a wonderful selection of both eastern and western dishes available. Wonderlul location, great views, comfortable room, fabulous modern design.Everything in this hotel is excellent - the rooms, view, decor, location, food, drinks, gym, pool .

Room Tip: Higher floors room 2318

Dear Liza K,
Thank you for choosing Hotel ICON. From all of us here we hope you both had a wonderful time in Hong Kong together.
It was lovely to read that you thought so highly of our team. Your praise of the location and our buffet at The Market mean a lot to us, our chefs in particular, they work tremendously hard to ensure your food is the highest quality. Our entire team, in fact, is passionate about enhancing your experience in any way that we can. So we would all like to thank you for your kind words.
Lastly we would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your experience.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back.