“Beautifully fitted out”
Review of Hotel ICON

Hotel ICON
Ranked #3 of 729 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed January 30, 2014

This hotel features great design and is beautifully appointed. The beds are super comfy and the rooms are thoughtfully lit with at least half a dozen ways to luminate the room. The bathrooms feature stunning eye-shaped showers and magnificently deep bathtubs. There is a free mini bar (although there aren't that many nibble options it - mostly m and ms), beuatiful teas and luxurious toiletries. The views are wonderful, and even more special from the pool on the 9th floor.
A highlight for the boys was being offered a free dessert buffet after we dined at the market restaurant within the hotel. I had a fish curry which was delicious.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank L B
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear L B,
Thanks for reviewing ICON.
Much appreciated, do keep in touch and let me know when you need any help with a room in Hong Kong.
With best wishes,
general.manager@hotel-icon.com

Write a ReviewReviews (6,324)

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Was very much looking forward to staying at Hotel Icon given the 5 star overall tripadvisor rating - not an easy feat to obtain.

We booked a icon 38 harbour room (level 21) and overall I was impressed with the fit-out - huge bed facing a TST promenade view, all the amenities you could ask for (even a printer), free mini bar. I was a little let down by the view though - as the hotel is located in TST east, the main section of the promenade (with most of the pretty lights) is only viewed on the far side of the window. This means the view from the bed was good, but not amazing.

The hotel is huge, which means that service is a little impersonal, but in the circumstances they do a great job. I always got multiple greetings whenever I walked in, and the guys working the front door were very friendly and happy to answer any questions I had.

The breakfast is AMAZING, best I have ever had at a hotel. All types of coffee are included in the buffet too, including barista-made latte's and cappuccino's. I was starting to get sick of American-style peculated coffee and having to pay more for the good stuff. The pastries were to die-for.

Two negatives:
(a) the lifts are really, really slow. With the capacity of this hotel and the amount of floors, they should have installed a few more.
(b) the open-plan toilet. Nobody wants to hear somebody else going to the toilet, yet all that separates the toilet from the main room is a very thin push-door.

Location is fantastic - about a 10 minute walk from the main section of TST. It was nice that the hotel was located in a bit of a quieter (but not far away) area as the streets of TST are jam-packed with people.

Would recommend people stay here - TST was far superior to Hong Kong Island, I'm glad I decided to stay in Kowloon.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank tone222
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful impression of your stay at ICON.
I have also taken careful note of some of the details of your stay and reassure you that they will be addressed.
The team and I thank you so much for your compliments and we send our best wishes.
Do contact me next time if you visit Hong Kong.

Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

I had booked a Club Room at the hotel, that was upgraded to a suite when I arrived and then began my journey into awesomeness. The Club Suite was not just another hotel suite, it was an experience. With wall to wall glass on all sides of the room, I had a panoramic view of the Harbour. Most of my time at Icon was spent marveling at the views of the harbour. Every time I dragged myself out of the suite to see the other sights of Hong Kong, I longed to return to the suite.
Everything about the suite was perfect, the bed, the pillows, the huge bathtub, the vanity area, the free very well-stocked minibar, the access to the lounge, the Bose iPod speaker, the Angsana toiletries, Internet TV, the shuttle bus, the smiling staff, a special mention for the Concierge staff, the Club check in staff and the Room Service.
Will definitely return for the Club Suite.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear charlierao,
We love doing what we do and are so incredibly happy that you enjoyed your time with us.
We hope to be able to look after you again in the not too distant future. Feel free to contact me directly for any future booking.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Have been in Icon for 2 nights at January 2014 .
Location : Excellent ,far from the crowd but a reasonable walking distance to Nathan Road,Harbour etc..
All around are shops,pubs ,restaurants.MTR station few minutes walk from it.
We got a room at 23th floor with a nice mixed view to city and harbour
The room is big enough for 2 people,Very high tech equipped Flat Tv+USB,DVD+USB,Nespresso machine,Free use of mini bar,Printer,Mobite charging device,TV within the bath,beautiful bathroom.
Stuff very helpful,polite and friendly.They all are willing to help as much as they can.
Breakfast is everything you can imagine.
The Jewel is the Dinner buffer at "The Markets" restaurant on the 2nd floor.I recommend it strongly even if you don't stay at this hotel.
Simply fabulous with a variety of high quality food (specailly the seafood part).The sweet buffet need a full page to describe how we enjoyed it.
The bill is not cheap for a buffet but it worth every cent.

I liked very much to stay here and i will recommend it to my friends

Room Tip: Higher floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear MARCELC_IL,
Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your kind words regarding The Market, we are dedicated to delivering a discreet yet personal service which represents excellent value at all times, your comments serve as a real motivator and confirmation that we are reaching our aims.
We hope you will think of us again should you be returning to Hong Kong.
Please feel free to contact me personally to book your room.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Beautiful hotel, we went for the harbor view club room, well worth it for the lounge perks. Service could have been more attentive in the restaurant at dinner time - we felt we were ignored a bit by the staff. The plant wall in the lobby was stunning. Overall, extremely goo value for money.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Winchestermom,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review and sharing your experience of us with the online travelling community. We appreciate it.
Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you would like to discuss with me further.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Booked one night on our way home from touring Asia and very much enjoyed the experience. Traveling a lot for work I've stayed in many hotels of this level, including a good few in Hong Kong and I have to say I wasn't blown away by Hotel Icon. It is very clean and offers great service however it feels a little impersonal. The lobby is very open and airy - cold in January - and we didn't really feel like it had the personal service that you find elsewhere. I'm being very particular here but with there being very little to split the top 10 hotels in Hong Kong I felt it's worth mentioning.
The location is excellent, right in TST but just far enough away from the action to remain quiet.
We had a city view room which was large and very modern.

Room Tip: Higher rooms give better views
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jarrell112

Dear Jarrell112,
Thanks for reviewing ICON. Much appreciated.
Do keep in touch and let me know when you need any help with a room in Hong Kong.

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Spent 2 nights on way back from Shanghai. Booked a Harbour view 38 club room on 19 floor. Room had every amenity you could wish floor including a colour printer, scissors, post it tabs and marker pen. Complimentary mini bar is a great touch and it was great having a Nespresso machine with complimentary coffee. Beautifully decorated room with a stunning view day and night. Very comfortable bed with perfect linen and pillows. Didn't use any if the hotels restaurants but expect they would be of a high standard. The service is fantastic and the shuttle bus an added bonus. Expect to be back.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear SuperSpeed,
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful impression of your stay at ICON.
Please feel free to drop me a note if you need any help with a room in Hong Kong.