“PERFECT HOTEL!!!”

Hotel ICON
Ranked #5 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
“PERFECT HOTEL!!!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Amazing hotel! Everything was perfect. The rooms, service, super clean, smells great everywhere. Plus very modern. We stayed at the Tomorrow's rooms, very modern and intelligent appliances. Breakfast is also excellent.

Room Tip: The tomorrow's Rooms are great.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear K_rood,
Thanks for your post and positive feedback about your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you liked our rooms and service, espeically the Tomorrow's Guest Room.
We hope to welcome you back to stay with us again in the near future.
Kind regards,
general.manager@hotel-icon.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,544)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Awesome boutique hotel with fabulous living foyer and extremely helpful and friendly staff.
Room was amazing with great harbour view and the bathroom with the curved glass shower was very cool. Also no tour groups and the buffet market style diner was quite good especially with the all you can drink package for an extra US$30. It was a relief to return to the hotel after hectic days shopping and battling crowds in town. Also having a shuttle bus to Nathan road was very convenient. Did I mention the most amazing hotel gym on the planet!. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Harbour view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank m3gotten
Dear m3gotten,
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful impression of your stay at ICON.
The team and I thank you so much for your compliments and we send our best wishes.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I have just had my second stay at Hotel Icon and loved it as much as the first time. This time I pushed the boat out and stayed on a Club floor. Quite a bit more expensive but well worth it. Breakfast, a generous afternoon tea and a two hour happy hour in the evening with cocktails and delicious finger food are all part of this package. This was enough for me, I'm not a big eater, so didn't buy any food at all during my 3 day stay. Each room has a free mini bar which, in the Club rooms, has nuts, potato chips, meusli bar, beer, wine and a few soft drinks. The rooms are gorgeous with a large bathroom with a bath equipped with a TV, a rain shower, if desired, a Nespresso coffee maker and a lot of other extras. I had a stunning view of Hong Kong harbour from my room and a luxurious leather winged rocker. I spent a morning lounging by the beautiful pool overlooking the harbour and enjoyed a massage at the beautifully appointed, and staffed, spa. I'm a huge fan of Hotel Icon and would recommend it to anyone.I have stayed in several top hotels in Hong Kong and this is my favourite. I love the fact that it is part of the Hong Kong Hotel and Tourism training institute and that the staff are often enthusiastic trainees, keen to do their best. Also love the doormen and porters uniforms.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear samatjac,
We are humbled by your compliments and are truly delighted that you enjoyed ICON in your own special way.
We will never sit still and will constantly strive to improve what we do.
Please let me know personally if you are coming back and I will do my best to reserve a special room for you.
With best personal regards,
Singapore
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I had high expectations when I booked the hotel, and the experience of staying here totally blew me away. It was surprises galore when I entered the room. From the expresso machine, to the box of stationery (which included stuff like UHU glue stick, stapler, scissors, post-its, ruler), to the packet of bath salts and loofah, everything was so well-thought of to cater to the needs of the business traveller. The HP printer in the room was definitely a bonus. A sparkling clean room, with great finishes and a fantastic view of both the city and harbour, especially at night. Service was impeccable too. I tried out the pillow menu and requested for a lavender-scented one, and the service counter encouraged me to try out more than just one. And this was past 11pm at night. I can't recommend this highly enough. But if location to the train station is very crucial for you, I don't think the hotel will be suitable for you as its a pretty far walk from the nearest train station although the hotel provides a shuttle. I took a cab from TST station and it costs less than USD2.50. Check in and check out was such a breeze. Check out time: 30 seconds (a personal record for me).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DarkPsyche
Dear DarkPsyche,
We love doing what we do and are so incredibly happy that you enjoyed your time with us.
We hope to be able to look after you again in the not too distant future.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Icon 24-27 September, and at a different Hong Kong hotel on our return from Europe in October. There was absolutely no contest as to which was our preferred hotel - Hotel Icon. We stayed in their club rooms, and the rooms are clean, modern, and have the most comfortable beds! Our rooms were pretty quiet too. The Above & Beyond club was a nice space for afternoon tea or pre-dinner cocktails, and a great view of the harbour by night. The pool was quite big by Hong Kong standards and outdoors, with again, a good view of the harbour. The staff were fantastic - couldn't do enough to help. And the food in the Market restaurant - just the best breakfast buffet I have EVER come across, and the buffet lunch was amazing too. Location-wise it was fairly central to everything we wanted - shopping, museums, harbour promenade - and if you needed to go further they had a courtesy bus as well. No hesitation to recommend this property to anyone.

Room Tip: The Above & Beyond benefits were great, and access to the club lounge and snacks great for kids...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear AJCJTRAVEL,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hotel ICON. We were thrilled to welcome you as our guest. It was such a pleasure to read that you were so impressed with our team during your time in Hong Kong. We continuously strive to create a truly memorable experience for you, our guest. Your kind words let us know we are succeeding, so from all of us thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with the travelling community.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Our stay at Hotel ICON exceeded our expectations. By far! The service was exceptional - amongst the best we have had anywhere.

We stayed in a Club Suite on the 22nd floor for 5 nights. While decorated in a style more classic than my taste, the room was perfect.
- Spotless, huge amount of space and very comfortable. One of the most comfortable hotel beds I can remember.
- Perfect wifi connection (and free)
- Fantastic bathroom: wonderful soaking tub to drift away in a ‘wet’ room with an excellent shower.
- Amazing views over the harbour
- A stationery set! (Bless. I am a stationery addict, so to see a little tray with markers, a stapler, a pair of scissors.. made my heart skip a beat).
- A free minibar and snacks, replenished daily

Our Club room gave us access to the Above and Beyond lounge on the 28th floor, where we enjoyed our complimentary breakfast (a good, but not astonishing choice of dishes) in a quiet setting over some more jaw-dropping views. You can wander in for cocktails and coffee (which was surprisingly good for hotel coffee) during the day or sit around reading the paper and nibbling on afternoon tea. All included. If you want a bigger, more elaborate breakfast you could go down to The Market restaurant on the 2nd Floor with a staggering array of dishes to choose from (and a lot more people) but the choice was available to you.
We were also treated to a speedy check-in on the 28th floor, which offered a complimentary concierge service. (One obviously pays extra for the club privileges, but they were definitely worth it, especially if you have an extended stay).

Did I say service? Service at Hotel ICON is what set them apart for us. The service was incredible. Examples:
- our check-in was handled efficiently and with great speed. Same for check-out
- we asked that the still water in our minibar be replaced with sparkling water. This was done almost instantaneously and generously (I add the generously, because hotels often interpret requests for more of something as one unit of that thing. Not here. When we returned to our room the fridge was filled to bursting. We never had to ask again).
- At one point we requested extra towels. In a hotel of this size one would expect to wait for a while, but not here. I had hardly put the phone down before housekeeping was at our door with the towels. The speed of service was impressive.

More good things about the hotel:
- a fantastic rooftop pool and gym. Hotel gyms are often depressing affairs, but with more views over the harbour and a decent-sized pool, this was not one of them.
- while not in the middle of the action, the hotel provides a shuttle bus that leaves the hotel every 20 minutes and drops you at 2 central locations on Kowloon. Otherwise it is a 10-minute walk to the Tsim Sha Tsui subway station which gets you anywhere you need to go. I never had the feeling that the location was a handicap (which was one of our concerns when booking)
- The spa is great. A perfect Angsana spa with excellent therapists (we have visited a number of Angsana spas around the globe and this one is right up there. My husband said his massage at the spa was the best he has had in any Angsana spa anywhere).

I have only good things to say about Hotel ICON and am so glad we chose to stay there. I would definitely return. No question.

Room Tip: The Club rooms are more expensive, but the added perks (free breakfast, dedicated concierge service...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JezebelleH
Dear JezebelleH,
Thanks for your exceptional review regarding the stay at Hotel ICON and I am glad to know that you liked ICON. Our staff has always been the greatest asset and its good to see that you have enjoyed our ICON Hospitality. We noted you loved the food here as has also been commended by countless other satisfied reviewers, this is wonderful and I shall let our Chef know were on the right track.
Hopefully we will see you again soon staying with us.
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Among my wife and I have been several times to HK and this was by far the best hotel ever. It has an incredible design and the breakfast buffet is amazing. Our room rate included it, so I would recommend to look for a rate that includes it, so your bill does not end up very bulky.

The restaurant on the street level is also great; try the seafood tray. It even includes lobster and the price is more than reasonable.

Choose a room with harbourview; despite the location of the hotel, which is not waterfront, you have an incredible view; you can even profit from the night lightshow; I think that you might be missing only a 30% of the show.

What the hotel should really improve is the concierge service; they are always there, it's true, but they are in a huge rush, so you ask something and they tell you running, as if you were a local. A good concierge has to explain with detail and in a good mood, not fed up of making a lot of explanations. In my opinion, this was the worse concierge service that I have had in a long while.

On the overall, the hotel of course is great.

Room Tip: Harbour view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear alejandroisaac,

Thank you for your kind review.

I remain concerned at the incident regarding the concierge team and for the understandable and regrettable disappointment and inconvenience this caused you. I agree that the situation you experienced is unacceptable.

I have addressed this with all the team and our internal procedures will be reassessed to prevent this happening again. I was especially concerned that you might have felt we did not care and I would like to assure you that this was certainly not the case.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back to ICON again and deliver an experience that will be “WOW”.

Let me know should you wish to return and I will gladly assist with your reservation. My email is general.manager@hotel-icon.com