“Visiting Hong Kong for the first time!”
Review of Hotel ICON

Hotel ICON
Ranked #3 of 727 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels but none has been as good as this. I can say nothing bad about this hotel - they treated us like royalty. We wanted a hotel with a pool and this one had an amazing pool with a view of Hong Kong to die for. The staff were without exception wonderfully helpful. If you stay there make sure you get the breakfast package - its not really breakfast more like a smorgasborg of western and Chinese foods. The hotel provides free umbrellas to use so don't bring yours. Subway is close by although it is a short walk to the center of Kowloon. You can always grab their shuttle bus if you are not into walking, but we loved the walk through Kowloon to the center of town. The room was palacial and they gave us a King size bed to romp in. I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

1  Thank doctoroddity
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear doctoroddity,
Thanks for your exceptional review regarding the stay at Hotel ICON and I am glad to know that you liked our rooms. Our staff has always been the greatest asset and it's good to see that you have enjoyed our ICON Hospitality. We noted you loved our breakfast as has also been commended by countless other satisfied reviewers, this is wonderful and I shall let our Chef know were on the right track.
Do feel free to email me directly if I can assist with any travel arrangements.
Hopefully we will see you again soon.
general.manager@hotel-icon.com

Write a ReviewReviews (6,124)

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I choose this hotel based on the reviews. The staff were so nice cooperative specially Mr. Thomas was so professional and so cooperative. Room was clean but little bit small, i choose harbor view room and i paid extra for that but unfortunately it wasn't directly harbor view there was several buildings in front of us so we have to look so far to be able to see the harbor. But its still better than the other view. They have a shuttle bus every 20 min takes you to the center. The mini bar is free which is something new to me. The location didn't satisfy me that much there are other hotels who have better location, they provided a baby cot on the third day of our stay because all of them were busy but they provided extra bed for free for the first 2 days.
I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Alsinan
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Alsinan,
Thanks for your review regarding the stay at Hotel ICON.
Our staff has always been the greatest asset and it's good to see that you have enjoyed our Iconic hospitality.
Hopefully we will see you and your family soon staying with us, please feel free to contact me personally to book your room.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

There is something seriously wrong about this place when all the waitresses at the Green restaurants have frowns. We tried getting a table for tea time at Green, which is a beautifully decorated restaurant located on the lobby floor. The restaurant was full at the time and the hostess flat out had a bad attitude and rejected us and said there were no seats available and said the wait could be up to an hour. It's the way that she said it that was very snobbish, not even offering us to sit at the bar which was available or let us know that several of the tables were almost done. After only waiting 5 minutes several tables were available. From there the food and service got worse. We had ordered a tea set and burger and the service was so slow. We saw our food sit on the counter for the longest time while the waitresses were busy cleaning and folding napkins. No service whatsoever. By the time our food arrived, it was already cold. The burger was not bad, but the sandwiches for the tea set were not fresh. The atmosphere is nice, but the service doesn't match the quality of the hotel.

Also we wanted to see the Spa facilities, but the hotel staff said we couldn't see it if we didn't have an appointment. That's ironic, how do we make an appointment if we can't even have access to go up to the spa to make an appointment? The elevator requires a security card for that floor and the security guard said we have to call the Spa instead. Lovely place, but not the best service...

4  Thank rodmania

Dear djitek,
I sincerely regret that you did not enjoy Green restaurant service as much as you should have. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and views, I will certainly address them with the Green management team and should you ever wish to discuss them in further detail with me please do not hesitate to contact me on general.manager@hotel-icon.com

Reviewed June 29, 2013

As a first-time traveller to Hong Kong it took me a little time to sift through the myriad of accommodation options. I was looking for an up-market hotel where my wife and I could spend a week in a comfortable environment. The 'tripadvisor' reviews suggested that the Hotel ICON would be a good choice and we were not disappointed. The staff and facilities of this hotel made us feel very special. The quality of the service and in-house food is just outstanding. We chose a Harbour View Club Room along with the daily breakfast option. Yes, it costs a little extra but the benefits far outweigh the additional cost. The room's fixtures and fittings are of a very high standard. Our room was beautifully maintained during our stay with every aspect of cleaning and reprovisioning taken care of without exception. As a Club Room guest, you have access to the Above & Beyond Lounge on Level 28. With such magnificent views of the harbour, my wife and I used the lounge for breakfast, the complimentary daily afternoon tea, and the complimentary daily cocktails. The staff in both the Above & Beyond Restaurant and the Lounge are particularly engaging and highly efficient. You don't wait for anything - these people take pride in their hotel and want to impress you with their service skills. The restaurant is a real treat - and a must do experience. You will be delighted, as we were, with the ambience, presentation, quality, and service. When we return to Hong Kong, we will stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: If your budget will stretch, book a Harbour View Club Room.
1  Thank Lawrence H

Dear Lawrence H,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hotel ICON. We were thrilled to welcome you as our guest. It was such a pleasure to read that you were so impressed with our team during your time in Hong Kong. We continuously strive to create a truly memorable experience for you, our guest.
Your kind words let us know we are succeeding, so from all of us thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with the travelling community.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future, do feel free to email me directly if I can assist with any travel arrangements.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Icon for 3 nights in June,to chill out after a 2 week tour in China. We didn't want to do much in HongKong, so chose a hotel with classy amenities and a good pool which we decided was a necessity given the hot weather. We were not disappointed. The rooms, the service, the views and the breakfasts were top class and really there was nothing we could fault. We would certainly stay again
If you are looking for a restaurant in HongKong, the restaurant on the top floor of the hotel Above and Beyond, I think it is called,has some of the best Chinese food we have ever tasted and the service was professional and friendly.
Thank you to everyone at the Icon who made our stay so memorable

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gemstone511

Dear Gemstone511,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay at Hotel ICON. I am pleased you enjoyed the whole experience and how highly you valued the service, facilities and the restaurants during your stay.
My team and I do look forward to seeing you both again next time, please don't hesitate to get in touch to make a booking.
Kind regards,

Reviewed June 28, 2013

This Hotel rocks ....the room ...the food ...the service ...the staff....everything is exemplary.
Stayed for four nights with family in the harbour view room....room was excellent in terms of cleanliness .....the shower a bliss and the free wi-fi and mini bar a delight.
The staff is very courteous and always eager to help.....the concierge guys are doing a wonderful job....be it a map....right down to the exact desired location ...getting a cab.....you name it.
The food quality was top class , with a wide variety to suit varied palettes . Take the breakfast buffet .....highly recommended.
Location is really good ...close to the major locales....shopping.
Try and get the higher floors for a good view.
Over all a fantastic stay. Good job guys!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ashwini M

Dear Ashwini M,
Thank you for choosing Hotel ICON for your visit. Your kind words regarding our team, and everything during your stay let us know that this ethos has led us to meet your high expectations.
We very much look forward to your next visit, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me to make a booking in future.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Of course had to visit this hotel with such good reviews. In general, can't complain on much. Clean, efficient, good location. Nice outside pool. Have all the facilities you can expect for such a hotel. Maybe the prices for food and services was a little higher then my expectations for what you get. But my main objection to this hotel is about the people. Don't misunderstand me, they are very friendly and will help you with whatever you need. But service is a delicate issue. When I had lunch and the first person came and asked me if everything was ok or if I missed anything my reaction was of course positive, a sense that they really care about you. The second time someone else came to ask the same thing, it feels a little strange but still positive. But during my lunch I had in total five people who came to my table and repeated the exact same phrase while I had my mouth full of food. Then suddenly the positive feeling turns into irritation. Maybe there are culture differences also in the perception of service. For me, good service is not the number of times you ask your customers a rehearsed phrase you learned in hotel management school, it is a sincere interest in your customer. And keeping track of what you have said to him or her. In this hotel you will find a lot of rehearsed phrases from all personell giving you a sense of invisibility. Sure they are polite, but for me it is not enough to please your customers. You really have to care. That is not the feeling I got from this hotel. If they can improve this, it will develop to a much greater feeling.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
7  Thank Cederstock

Dear Cederstock,
Thank you for your feedback on Green restaurant service, whilst it is never pleasant to receive a review that does not reflect an entirely satisfactory dining experience, I am still grateful that you let us know as it is important to hear that side as well.
I will certainly discuss your experience with the Green management team and hope you will give us the opportunity to show you what a truly special hotel ICON is.
With regards,