“Stunning !!”
Review of Hotel ICON

Hotel ICON
Ranked #5 of 723 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Icon for 3 nights in June,to chill out after a 2 week tour in China. We didn't want to do much in HongKong, so chose a hotel with classy amenities and a good pool which we decided was a necessity given the hot weather. We were not disappointed. The rooms, the service, the views and the breakfasts were top class and really there was nothing we could fault. We would certainly stay again
If you are looking for a restaurant in HongKong, the restaurant on the top floor of the hotel Above and Beyond, I think it is called,has some of the best Chinese food we have ever tasted and the service was professional and friendly.
Thank you to everyone at the Icon who made our stay so memorable

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gemstone511
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Gemstone511,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay at Hotel ICON. I am pleased you enjoyed the whole experience and how highly you valued the service, facilities and the restaurants during your stay.
My team and I do look forward to seeing you both again next time, please don't hesitate to get in touch to make a booking.
Kind regards,

Reviewed June 28, 2013

This Hotel rocks ....the room ...the food ...the service ...the staff....everything is exemplary.
Stayed for four nights with family in the harbour view room....room was excellent in terms of cleanliness .....the shower a bliss and the free wi-fi and mini bar a delight.
The staff is very courteous and always eager to help.....the concierge guys are doing a wonderful job....be it a map....right down to the exact desired location ...getting a cab.....you name it.
The food quality was top class , with a wide variety to suit varied palettes . Take the breakfast buffet .....highly recommended.
Location is really good ...close to the major locales....shopping.
Try and get the higher floors for a good view.
Over all a fantastic stay. Good job guys!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ashwini M

Dear Ashwini M,
Thank you for choosing Hotel ICON for your visit. Your kind words regarding our team, and everything during your stay let us know that this ethos has led us to meet your high expectations.
We very much look forward to your next visit, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me to make a booking in future.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Of course had to visit this hotel with such good reviews. In general, can't complain on much. Clean, efficient, good location. Nice outside pool. Have all the facilities you can expect for such a hotel. Maybe the prices for food and services was a little higher then my expectations for what you get. But my main objection to this hotel is about the people. Don't misunderstand me, they are very friendly and will help you with whatever you need. But service is a delicate issue. When I had lunch and the first person came and asked me if everything was ok or if I missed anything my reaction was of course positive, a sense that they really care about you. The second time someone else came to ask the same thing, it feels a little strange but still positive. But during my lunch I had in total five people who came to my table and repeated the exact same phrase while I had my mouth full of food. Then suddenly the positive feeling turns into irritation. Maybe there are culture differences also in the perception of service. For me, good service is not the number of times you ask your customers a rehearsed phrase you learned in hotel management school, it is a sincere interest in your customer. And keeping track of what you have said to him or her. In this hotel you will find a lot of rehearsed phrases from all personell giving you a sense of invisibility. Sure they are polite, but for me it is not enough to please your customers. You really have to care. That is not the feeling I got from this hotel. If they can improve this, it will develop to a much greater feeling.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
7  Thank Cederstock

Dear Cederstock,
Thank you for your feedback on Green restaurant service, whilst it is never pleasant to receive a review that does not reflect an entirely satisfactory dining experience, I am still grateful that you let us know as it is important to hear that side as well.
I will certainly discuss your experience with the Green management team and hope you will give us the opportunity to show you what a truly special hotel ICON is.
With regards,

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We booked this based on the trip advisor scores and stayed in December 2012 we weren't disappointed quite the opposite in fact. A fantastic hotel the rooms are modern and very well designed with stunning bathrooms, Excellent service from all staff & great location. The attentive front desk staff could not do enough for us.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RichardLemmer
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear RichardLemmer,
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful impression of your stay at ICON.
The team and I thank you so much for your compliments and we send our best wishes.
Let me know personally if I can assist with your travel arrangements next time.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Right now, more than 1,100 reviewers have rated this hotel excellent, and less than 200 rated it very good. How could a reasonably-priced hotel in Tsim Sha Tsui be so good? We wanted to confirm glowing TripAdvisor reviews of Hotel Icon, and we found that you really have to stay a night to appreciate the reviews. We had booked a harbor view room, and we were told that we were upgraded to a club floor room (without club privileges) because we had booked on the hotel's website. We were quite surprised to enter roon 2717 and see the beautiful view of Victoria and the harbor at 6:30 pm on a rainy day. Our room was on the top floor, just beneath Above and Beyond restaurant and bar. A lot of bar-related muffled high heel and furniture-shifting noise came down until midnight, but it did not really distract from enjoyment of the room environment. Whoever designed the room tried to improve on traditional practices. There were so many cleverly designed items (such as the stubby but sturdy Hotel Icon ball point pen) that we phoned more than once to ask if we could take them home. Fixtures and fittings such as a printer under the desk, mirrors lit by circular bulbs and water faucets were expensive and unusual. Nespresso coffee maker. The bathroom had a well-waterproofed TV screen and remote in the bathtub. The bathroom is in a round area with a curved door sporting a floor-to-ceiling groove to serve as a handle. The Bose speakers on the iPod cradle were exceptionally good. A chair doubled as a suitcase rack. Commonly-grasped items such as TV remotes and phones were labeled with strips of paper saying they were sanitized (otherwise, you would not know), which is appropriate because Hong Kong has been a conduit from time to time for SARS and other contagious diseases. Stationery was contained in an attractive wooden box with tape, staples, and other stationery items. Many good channels on the large screen TV. Breakfast (included in the room rate) at The Market on the second floor was excellent in all respects, and wi-fi for up to three devices was reliable. Night lights were under the bedside tables. Everything in the mini-bar is free. They are quite proud of the pool and fitness areas but we did not try them. Well-trained staff at check-in and check-out were unusually friendly and helpful. We left suitcases with the concierge. Lobby and public spaces were quite lively with guests (many families) and quite a few uniformed floor-walkers waiting to help with baggage or anything you might need if there was a queue at reception. There was no waiting for anything. We really have to agree that this hotel is outstanding for quality of management, service, wi-fi, breakfast, view, and value.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Staidthere

Dear Staidthere,
We are humbled by your compliments and are truly delighted that you enjoyed ICON in your own special way.
We will never sit still and will constantly strive to improve what we do.
Please let me know personally if you are coming back and I will do my best to reserve a special room for you.
With best personal regards,

Reviewed June 25, 2013

It is a great hotel with really nice design. The view is great from both rooms, pool and restaurant. The location is also very good. Just a 5 min walk from Hunghom station. And in walking distance of Victoria Harbour. The rooms offer free minibar.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear elcosmopolitano,
Thank you very much for your complimentary review.
Pleased that the location worked for you. We hope to be able to welcome you back soon.
Do please feel free to get in touch with me personally next time you visit Hong Kong.
Kind regards,

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed there for 3 dayswith my wife, the hotel is modern and very well designed, the rooms have all you need, I am not sure if I was given an upgrade but my room had everything you could ever need even a stapler to printer, paper clips, free minibar, bose sound system, separate shower. The food at the hotel is good and open until late, the service is friendly and efficient. Loved the Spa.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EdZT
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear EdZT,
I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your room and the Angsana Spa. It is a pleasure to read how highly you valued the service and the experience and I will share your kind comments with the rest of the team.
I look forward to welcoming you here on your next visit.