“My home in Hong Kong”

Ranked #4 of 716 Hotels in Hong Kong
Guangzhou, China
“My home in Hong Kong”
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I am about to stay my 5th time in icon hotel.
Its so great to get such a perfect service. .from the bell boy up to the GM.
everything you need ..someone is there to listen to you..with no doubt this is the number 1 hotel in Hong Kong.
Thank you !!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Ran D
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear Ran D,
We love doing what we do and are so incredibly happy that you enjoyed your every visit at ICON.
We look forward to seeing you this Friday.
Safe trip to Hong Kong!
general.manager@hotel-icon.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,502)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic room with great view over harbour. Staff were helpful, accommodating and friendly. Although not quite in the centre there is a regular shuttle service and I felt that one could walk to main attractions fairly quickly. The bed was extremely comfortable too. Great stay.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear whenitravel1,
You cannot imagine how much your comments mean to us. It is so encouraging to read when our guests have a memorable experience but we will not sit still - we will constantly try to improve upon what we do.
We hope we see you again at the hotel soon and do let me know if I can help with future stays.
With warm regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My partner and I stayed at Hotel Icon for 3 nights in November 2012 and really enjoyed it. It was only as I went to book the hotel again for an upcoming stay that I thought I better include a recommendation.

The hotel is run by a local university and is staffed by hospitality students and alumni. All staff are really enthusiastic and go above and beyond to ensure that you have a happy stay.

We had a standard room which was lovely and spacious. I remember really liking the bathroom which was a nice curve shape and had a great rain shower, along with nice bath products.

Our room had good wifi and a great flat panel TV.

We only had drinks at the bar so we can't comment on the restaurant or the breakfast.

The nearest MTR station is 5 minutes walk away. Tsim Sha Tsui station is about 15 minutes walk if you don't keep ducking into all the shops along the way! The hotel has complimentary shuttle buses to both this station and the ferry to Central.

The hotel pool and gym (good equipment) are awesome and have a great view.

I would definitely recommend if staying in Kowloon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear goldfishgal,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. I am pleased you and your partner enjoyed the whole experience and how highly you valued the service, location and facilities during your stay.
When you book your next stay with us please drop us an email and we will take care of your booking.
I look forward to welcoming you both back on your next trip.
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have run out of superlatives trying to explain to friends and family how incredible this hotel is! If you are looking to stay in Hong Kong then look no further than Hotel Icon, I guarantee you will not be disappointed. This is the hotel against which all others should be measured. The quality of service, standard of rooms, friendliness of staff and willingness to go the extra mile to see their customers' needs were simply exceptional. Visiting the spa facilities on the 9th floor is an absolute must as well as the fantastic "Market" restaurant offering some of the best food in the city. A special thanks to Alvin and Jacko at the concierge desk for all of their help and advice. Overall, the best hotel I have ever stayed in by a long long way. Keep up the great work, I hope to visit you again very soon.

Room Tip: Harbour view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Hames999,
Thanks for your post. I was delighted to read such great comments regarding the excellent service you experienced in ICON and I was really pleased that you found Alvin and Jacko and the team there to be exceptional and will certainly pass this on to them all.
I’m glad that you chose to stay with us, I hope to welcome you back soon.
Do please feel free to get in touch with me personally next time you visit Hong Kong.
Best wishes,
Brisbane
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We booked 2 nights at the Icon and decided to opt for the Club floor as the reviews on trip advisor were impressive. We were certainly not disappointed. Our room was luxurious and spacious, with harbour views to die for. The friendly staff were all courteous and extremely efficient. Breakfast, afternoon tea and cocktails in 'Above and Beyond' are not to be missed - particularly if you chose to eat in the restaurant afterwards. The food and service was impeccable - and of course those spectacular views. Our stay was a truly memorable experience - it was extremely difficult to leave !! I highly recommend the Icon and will not hesitate to return on our next visit to Hong Kong.

Room Tip: Opt for the Club floors - it is well worth the extra
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear DeborahLBrisbane,
I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your breakfast, afternoon tea and cocktails in Above and Beyond. It is a pleasure to read how highly you valued the service and the experience and I will share your kind comments with the rest of the team.
I look forward to welcoming you here on your next visit.
Kind regards,
Richard
Thessaloniki, Greece
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The best hotel I have ever visited. There you are not a guest, you're royalty! Great design, spacious rooms, and a view worth dying for. Visit the 9th floor for the astonishing swimming pool and the well equipped gym. Great selection of food for the breakfast buffet in 'The Market'. One great advantage over other hotels is the ability to spend the hours of waiting your flight after checking-out in the Timeless Lobby with free coffees and juices and a refreshing bath. Just great!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear hercoolgr,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I’m glad that all in all you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for your fantastic feedback regarding your experience at Timeless Lounge and your breakfast in The Market; I will certainly pass this on to the team.
When you book your next stay with us please drop us an email and we will ensure that you book direct and are allocated special amenities and a nice room.
Kind regards,
Richard
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 10, 2013

There is nothing I didn't love about this hotel. I could not find one fault.

The staff are easy going, but very attentive, friendly and professional. The rooms are modern and comfortable (beds are great!), the facilities on Level 9 (gym, pool, etc) were spotless and new, breakfast was one of the most comprehensive buffets I've ever seen, and every 20 minutes a mini-bus shows up to take you to the station or shopping centre (and picks up as well). We had a harbour view room and it was spectacular. I would stay here again in a heart beat.

And, I just received a thank you email from the hotel after arriving home. Great service, great people, great place. I made Hong Kong a very memorable mini-break for us. Thanks Hotel ICON!

PS - Make sure you go up to Above & Beyond on the top floor for a drink at night. The views are also amazing.

Room Tip: Definitely choose a harbour view room - it is worth the extra money.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Joolzsunka,
We would like to thank you for choosing Hotel ICON for your visit to Hong Kong.
Our team work very hard to ensure your time with us is as perfect as possible so we are delighted to read that you so enjoyed our iconic fresh interpretation of Asian hospitality and that our team treated you so well.
Your kind words have already been passed on and are greatly appreciated.
We hope to welcome you back to Hotel ICON on your next trip to Hong Kong and please feel free to get in touch with me personally to make your booking direct.