“Just the best experience”
Review of Hotel ICON

Hotel ICON
Ranked #3 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The best hotel I have ever visited. There you are not a guest, you're royalty! Great design, spacious rooms, and a view worth dying for. Visit the 9th floor for the astonishing swimming pool and the well equipped gym. Great selection of food for the breakfast buffet in 'The Market'. One great advantage over other hotels is the ability to spend the hours of waiting your flight after checking-out in the Timeless Lobby with free coffees and juices and a refreshing bath. Just great!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear hercoolgr,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I’m glad that all in all you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for your fantastic feedback regarding your experience at Timeless Lounge and your breakfast in The Market; I will certainly pass this on to the team.
When you book your next stay with us please drop us an email and we will ensure that you book direct and are allocated special amenities and a nice room.
Kind regards,
general.manager@hotel-icon.com

Write a ReviewReviews (6,132)

Reviewed June 10, 2013

There is nothing I didn't love about this hotel. I could not find one fault.

The staff are easy going, but very attentive, friendly and professional. The rooms are modern and comfortable (beds are great!), the facilities on Level 9 (gym, pool, etc) were spotless and new, breakfast was one of the most comprehensive buffets I've ever seen, and every 20 minutes a mini-bus shows up to take you to the station or shopping centre (and picks up as well). We had a harbour view room and it was spectacular. I would stay here again in a heart beat.

And, I just received a thank you email from the hotel after arriving home. Great service, great people, great place. I made Hong Kong a very memorable mini-break for us. Thanks Hotel ICON!

PS - Make sure you go up to Above & Beyond on the top floor for a drink at night. The views are also amazing.

Room Tip: Definitely choose a harbour view room - it is worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Joolzsunka,
We would like to thank you for choosing Hotel ICON for your visit to Hong Kong.
Our team work very hard to ensure your time with us is as perfect as possible so we are delighted to read that you so enjoyed our iconic fresh interpretation of Asian hospitality and that our team treated you so well.
Your kind words have already been passed on and are greatly appreciated.
We hope to welcome you back to Hotel ICON on your next trip to Hong Kong and please feel free to get in touch with me personally to make your booking direct.
Richard Hatter

Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was my first visit to the Icon Hotel, and I stayed on the recommendation of a well travelled friend. This Hotel really suits me personally because I have to admit that I am beyond fussy most especially regarding cleanliness and bed comfort and this hotel was outstanding with both. My experience was a great one and I was very impressed with many features of this Hotel. I arrived very early in the morning, and I was immediately upgraded. I loved the floor to ceiling windows and the beautiful view from my room. There were international plugs in the walls, (a great plus for me) , ipod dock, tv in the bath, great bathroom amenities, beautiful sheets and pillows, and the room (and every area of the Hotel i visited) was spotless and kept that way at all times by what appeared to be a very hard working housekeeping crew. Breakfast choice was huge and delicious and I really enjoyed a couple of meals I had at the lobby bar. Great pool, beautiful lobby area and I liked the location of the Hotel. Above all service second to none, right from my first greeting to when I regretfully had to leave. I will be back !

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank anna00747
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear anna00747,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay and share your experience with the online travelling community. We were thrilled you chose to stay with us here at Hotel ICON and welcome you as our guest.
We are all dedicated to delivering a discreet yet personal service which represents excellent value at all times, your comments serve as a real motivator and confirmation that we are reaching our aims.
We hope to see you again at the hotel soon and do let me know if I can help with future stays.
Richard Hatter

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Excellent Hotel in a excellent location . Very kind service- all the staff do their best for accomodate you . Free Shutle every 20 minutes. Free mini-bar. Excellent room and bed with superb decoration.Free wi-fi . Excellent swiming pool and fitting room . Could not be better
Worth every penny !

Room Tip: High Floor- King bed !!
1  Thank moshe l

Dear moshe l,
Thanks for reviewing ICON.
Much appreciated, do keep in touch and let me know when you need any help with a room in Hong Kong.
With best wishes,

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We decided to stay at the hotel Icon as a stop over on our way to Europe. We arrived late, tired and exhausted. The first words that left my mouth were WOW. We travel a lot and there are a lot of hotels that promise the world and deliver only a portion of this. This is not the case from this hotel. They went above and beyond our expectations. The staff were friendly efficient and just couldn't do enough for you. The rooms extraordinary value for money. It was so good that we cancelled our hotel for the return journey and rebooked here. We were rewarded for this by an unexpected upgrade. How nice to be rewarded for your loyalty. It really had every thing you could possible need or want.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yolanda05

Dear Yolanda05,
We are humbled by your compliments and are truly delighted that you enjoyed ICON in your own special way.
We will never sit still and will constantly strive to improve what we do.
Please let me know personally if you are coming back and I will do my best to reserve a special room for you.
With best personal regards,

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Having seen the excellent reviews on tripadvisor, I decided booked the Icon for 5 nights as my short holiday from work in Suzhou. Initial impressions was great - it’s a modern, friendly, and convenient with free shuttle services to the metro and the star ferry.

Check-in staff were pleasant, with minimal fuss. The room itself was impressive - not huge but big enough with a decent view of the city.Next time I will definitely stay in a Harbour view room. Huge comfy bed, individual fixtures and furniture along with a big interactive HD tv, free mini bar, great air conditior and a really nice toilet and shower area. The Club lounge had a spectacular view of Victoria harbour where you could see the laser show nightly.

The night before I had to check out, the front desk was considerate enough to call and ask if I needed to extend my stay or need transportation to the airport, which was exactly what I needed! Overall this was a great experience and I am looking forwad to checking back in the end of this month for round 2!

Room Tip: Try to get a harbour view room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank gracet_us

Dear gracet_us,
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful impression of your stay at ICON.
The team and I thank you so much for your compliments and we send our best wishes.
Let me know personally if I can assist with your travel arrangements for your second visit.

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

First of all! Its one of my top 5 hotels in Hong Kong and Top 10 around the world. I haven't stay at any properties without encountering any type of minor issues, but Hotel Icon really impressed me with their style and hospitality. I wouldn't be surprise they surpass my favorite hotel the upper house in HK or Andaz Brand around the world. They actually understand the elements of running a hotel that is own by university. Please trust my words when I say its worth every damn penny staying ICON. Trust me because I am corporate hotel inspector for SC.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear jyu219,
Thanks for your fantastic feedback regarding your experience at ICON.
When you book your next stay with us please drop us an email and we will take care of your booking.
With warm regards,