“Restaurant with Spectcular View, Excellent Wellness Centre”
Review of Hotel ICON

Hotel ICON
Ranked #3 of 729 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed here over the New Year for approximately one week. The service from reception and concierge was excellent throughout the stay.

The hotel has a pleasant western style lobby bar/restaurant, a buffet on the 1st floor and a fine dining restaurant with a spectacular view of Hong Kong across the harbour. Note that the hotel is located in the more "down to earth" Kowloon area.

the hotel has a new feel about it (I think it is about 1 year old). The wellness centre has an outdoor pool with a spectacular view. One negative point is that the Sauna is located in the men'S change rooms and the Steam Bath in the women's change room. It means women cannot use the Sauna and men cannot use the Steam Bath which I found rather strange. The wellness does have a hidden Jacuzzi in the actual pay-spa area (I found out when we checked out so it was too late). The fitness centre is very well equipped with modern machines.

The curtains in the room were not black-out curtains and so unfortunately the rooms were too well lit in the early mornings.

I would recommend this hotel to prospective travellers. I also personally prefer Kowloon to Hong Kong centre.

2  Thank Roberto D
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Roberto D

Thanks for the constructive feedback.
The sauna and steamroom are placed as such as our research indicated women preferred steam to dry heat and men visa versa. As space was very tight we could only manage one of each. Were also adding total blackout features to all rooms.
We hope to see you again soon. Let me know if I can personally assist with the arrangements, by emailing me on:

Richard

Write a ReviewReviews (6,327)

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We only stopped here for for a couple of nights but I wished we stayed longer. The room was amazing and the bed really comfy. We were there on handover day and had an amazing view of the city. There was also a TV in the bath!!! The staff were kind and helpful. We booked the club which was worth it. We had fancy cocktails and snacks. The buffet breakfast was the best I have ever had. All the foods you could imagine and they were top notch. We swam in the rooftop pool, there was an amazing view. Its all really good value. I really enjoyed my stay, its one of the best hotels I have been to. I hope to be returning soon.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Club rooms, they are high quality and great value for what you get.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Len Hunter K

Dear Len Hunter K

Wow who could wish for a better review than " ELEVEN OUT OF TEN'

Thanks so much !!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed at the Icon on 2/9/13. I made my reservation at the last minute due to a change in plans. I requested a high room and received 2 prompt responses to my request and the room was lovely. The staff was extremely accommodating and the restaurant was excellent. I particularly appreciated the fact that the vegetables were organic and that the eggs at the breakfast buffet were also organic. The location was convenient. This was an excellent experience.

Room Tip: Email the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank M D

Dear M D

We are so glad you felt your time at ICON was special and thanks for the forum review.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed in the Icon Hotel for two nights and had a very pleasant time. Food, service, our room - excellent. The Icon is one of the best hotels I have been to so far. From our room we had a great view over the city...

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Rick864
Pleased to see youre from Singapore where some of the best hotels in the world are, as such youre a discerning contributor.
This makes it even more important that we value your positive and complimentary feedback...We are so glad you felt your time at ICON was an experience.

Location:
About 30 minutes from the airport by taxi which cost HK$240. The hotel is located in Tsim Sha Tsui on the Kowloon side. It's got lots of malls, restaurants and shops nearby and it's only a short walk to the night market. It's also right by the Tsim Sha Tsui waterfront promenade which leads to the Avenue of the stars and the harbour where you can get a ferry across to Hong Kong Island for a couple of HK$. If you don't want to walk, there's also a free hotel shuttle that goes to the harbour every 20 minutes.

Room:
We booked a club room on an upper floor with a harbour view which was great. It was a very comfortable and spaceous room with a free mini bar (drinks and snacks) and tv in the bathroom plus complimentary wifi.

Extras:
Booking a club level room meant that we had lots of extras included in our stay. Well worth doing - in fact, you'd be mad not to! Not only was there the most amazing breakfast buffet which had literally everything you could possibly want, but you could also have refreshments in the lounge all day in addition to afternoon tea with cakes and then free cocktails from 6pm-8pm with cheese and others hors d'oeuvres. It really was amazing. Best to get their early though since the lounge fills up quickly.

The staff were fabulous too, so all in all, a great hotel.

3  Thank Gunner7

Dear Gunner7

We are so happy you had "A really enjoyable stay"
Like many other you chose a Club floor and were happy you felt your decision was the right one.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed here on our way to London after a brief stop over in Hong Kong. This hotel does not disappoint its guests and lives up to the reviews. We were upgraded to a Harbour room which actually included a small amount of harbour view, as well as the mountains and the city. It was very modern and high tech and a unique experience. Ideally we would have liked to have stayed for longer. It was easy to get there - just take the airport express to Kowloon city and the free shuttle bus - although as we arrived after 11pm we had to take a taxi - we recommend if you do arrive at the station late, get the hotel to send you a car as we waited a very long time for our taxi from Kowloon station and if you are tired and only there for one night that can be frustrating.

The breakfast here is incredible. Everything you can imagine under the sun. Asian and Western cuisines. Absolutely delicious.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah H

Dear Sarah H

We are so glad you felt your time at ICON was a truly memorable experience.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We had a club 38 harbour view room for 4 nights in late January, Wow..
Like other reviewers here I can highly recommend the club level advantages, from the afternoon tea to the laundry to the exquisite assortment of fare for breakfast and all the other add-ons, its money well spent!
The room (2510) was very well appointed with all the extras you could wish for, and a fantastic yet smoggy view of a good portion of Hong Kong Island.
As far as staff go I could not find fault, everyone was extremely pleasant and helpful, the hotel was immaculately clean and very modern with delightful touches here and there.
As a first time visitor to HK the location was a tiny concern but we needed fear not as its a nice leisurely walk to Nathan St and surrounding areas.
Or a very simple 3-5min walk to the MTR station Hung Hom.
If you think you will use the MTR a lot do yourself a favour and get an octopus card, easily purchased at most stations it makes travelling a breeze.
When I come back to Hong Kong this is where I will stay no question, it really is that good.

2  Thank AucklandPaul

Dear AucklandPaul

Thanks for the detailed feedback, and the tips regarding the MTR Octopus card. 'Im so happy you liked the location of the hotel too.

We are so glad you felt your time at ICON was an experience you describe as 'FANTASTIC'...and that you like MANY others agree the CLUB priviledges are worth every penny, it was a smart move on your part !