“Modern and cool”
Review of Hotel ICON

Hotel ICON
Ranked #3 of 730 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed February 6, 2013

New, modern, good location, quick check-in and check-out, really good breakfast.
The room isn't big, but very convenient. From the first look the furnishing is very simple, but when start using the things, everything is so stylish and good quality. Big bath room, TV above the bath, good cosmetics. Very slippery marble floor in the shower, it is not a big problem, just be careful if you go to the shower after somebody.
Good swimming pool, big gym, very good restaurant on the 28th floor (marked Michelin's "folk and spoon").
We've booked a room with a Harbour view and it really worth extra money we paid. The feeling like you're in a postcard.
We chose Kowloon and didn't regret, to reach the island takes 5 min by Ferry (15 min walk to the Ferry from hotel) and lots of main sightseeings are on Kowloon.

The only negative i can match is Mini bar, it is free but it is all about nothing (4 Cokes and 1 beer), better was paid but with a good choice.

Room Tip: Choose Harbour View rooms, this view is a big part of my impression of Hong Kong
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Inna S
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear inna S

thanks for the kind and generous review.
Were very happy to read the feedback.
Please email me on gm@hotel-icon.com if I can assist with future bookings.

Thanks again for the feedback and your time.

With all good wishes and we hope to welcome you back soon,

Richard

Write a ReviewReviews (6,244)

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Wonderful stay at the Hotel Icon. Service in the restaurants there was excellent and the dim sum was the best I've had. Our flight into Hong Kong arrived at 5:00am so we arrived at the hotel at 6:30am. Needless to say we were exhausted. As soon as we arrived at the hotel, the staff meet us at the taxi, escorted us into our room and checked us in at the same time. We didn't have to wait at any counter! They didn't charge extra for the early check in either. We stayed in the 27th floor and our room was beautiful and clean with the nicest comforter and perfect pillows. The views of the skyline (harbor and Victoria Peak) were the best of any hotel we have stayed in. I've stayed in many five star hotels around to world and this one is better than most!

Room Tip: Better views from the higher floors.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear Me M,

Thank you very much for your kind and generous review. We are delighted that you enjoyed ICOn the way you did.
Please let us know when you are coming back and we will do our best to treat you to one of those suites again and again.

With all best wishes,

Reviewed February 4, 2013

The hotel was just amazing...the 9th floor heated pool is a good experience with the view of tbe harbour. The rooms were of decent size. The coach service is also helpful. Overall the hotel is really nice.
If there was anything negative the view of the harbour from the harbour view room was good not great

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Shashank2407
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Shashank2407

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments.
We are pleased you enjoyed the heated pool.
Unfortunately there has been alot of fog and haze the past few days which would have affected your cross harbour views for which we are very sad as its a great memory to keep.

.We hope to see you again on a bright and sunny day!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

The Icon hotel was our first hotek in our long trip to the Orient, Hon Kong was our first stop.After 15 hours flight from Toronto, we took a limo from the airport to the hotel prevously bookd through the hotek, Check in was very fast and efficient and less then an hour since we left the airport we were sittin comfortably in our room on the 22 floor enjoying a fantastic view of HK harbour,
Our 3 days at the hotel were most enjoyable. The room, the service, the food for breakfast and for dinher, all were of high quality.
The hotel may fe conside3ed expensive but it was worth the experience.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Ermejo

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments we are so happy you have left with wonderful memories.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is really the best hotel we've ever stayed in. From start to finish every detail is perfectly polished and every need is anticipated. We arrived quite late in the evening and Kevin at reception made sure we were whisked away to our room quickly and comfortably. Service from every person we encountered was above and beyond. We had a club room so there were extras like breakfast, afternoon tea and cocktails in the club lounge where service was impeccable. This was our first time in Hong Kong and we couldn't have felt more grounded, cared for, well located and convenient to absolutely everything. I'd look for an excuse to go back Hong Kong just to stay here!

Room Tip: Go for the club level rooms - the services are well worth the extra charge and make your stay memora...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear RamblinRoes

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Very nice hotel, with great views of the harbour. The staff are incredibly helpful and friendly, and the facilities are excellent. The only negative aspects of our stay was the slightly cold 'heated' swimming pool, and the breakfast buffet. The breakfast is very expensive, and we didn't feel that it was great value for money. However, overall this is an excellent hotel, which I would recommend.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear FolkSongCrisis

Thanks for the review. I have obviously read your comments with a bit of a concern as our main objective is for guests to leave with nothing but wonderful memories of ICON.

I must say that the 'cold' heated pool since its automatically maintained at 29 degrees Celsius and our records show that the log was correct over youyr stay. Admitedly when one gets out of the pool if the ambient temperature is 16-20 degrees as it was over your stay, it can feel a bit chilly.

The comments about the lacklustre breakfast are baffling since we have received only positive comments. Given the nature of your comment i would be grateful if you would get in touch with me personally in order that you can advise me on where you felt we could improve the breakfast oofering to suit your dietary requirement perhaps. Please email me below.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I had a great stay there in end of January. I was able to check in to my room at 2pm. The room was clean and modern although it was not as big as I thought. The mini bar in the room is free (mostly water and soda, a can of Carlsburg and some M&Ms). I also checked out the heated pool on the 9th floor with the view to the harbor. It was great! My only regret was that the weather was so hazy that you can barely see across the harbor. My only minor complaint is that my harbor view room didn't have a direct view of the harbor like in the picture, but you can still see it if you lean over and look from an angle.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Dear Redtruffle56003

Thanks for the great feedback, as you noted the minibar is free and restocked automatically.
We are sorry the weather was a tad hazy and Im sorry that yoiur memories are not 'perfect' in that regard.