6 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 10/21/21
Hotels.com
$139
Free cancellation until 10/23/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Official Site
$125
Free cancellation until 10/24/21
Expedia.com$139
Trip.com$135
Priceline$171
8,725 results
All reviews free mini bar timeless lounge club suite polytechnic university training hotel free international calls harbour view top floor amazing hotel mobile phone shuttle bus pool and gym our honeymoon late flight nespresso machine guest relations breakfast buffet
Selected filters
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We loved this Hotel, the location, the views from our room, the food in all their restaurants, the service, the Gym, the pool, the SPA... all great! We stayed 4 nights and enjoyed most of their services, it was a great experiance. The only sugestion would be to have more staff that speeks english.

Date of stay: October 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChFinkelberg
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel the night after I stayed in Kowloon Shangri La. I found this hotel is very new and modern style and it is run by the nearby university students. the lobby restaurant served some great osyter at a really good value (only $18/each). the room was very beautiful and quiet. but the only complaint was the location. I need to walk 8 min to the major shopping area. however I will recommend this hotel to my friends for sure.

2  Thank DickChandler
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I learned that this is a teaching hotel, and in retrospect I can see that. The service is extremely attentive and eager to please, but perhaps not always very seasoned. The only side effect of this for us was my gf being asked to show her room key re-entering the hotel after stepping outside, which she found upsetting. In general the service was excellent, and the front desk / bell desk was very helpful.

We loved the Hotel Icon. The view was superb and the rooms and common spaces are modern and immaculate. I think that for this size of room, the layout, with a curving bathroom door, and the eye shaped walk-in shower was the best I have ever seen. Full marks from me. The room also boasted a very comfy and stylish chair overlooking the harbour and a comfy king sized bed.

The rooftop pool and gym are excellent, and we made good use of it. Free minibar is nice, but I need more than 1 beer :-) lots of room in the fridge to add your own.

Overall the hotel is very stylish and modern and is a perfect place to retreat to after a busy day in Hong Kong. The lobby restaurant/bar is cool, with a huge growing/green wall, and a good drink and food menu. The Market on the second floor boasts an impressive breakfast buffet (not included) and I would like to try dinner. Sadly we did not get to try the higher-end restaurant on the top floor. (Above and Beyond).

Note that with respect to Above and Beyond, the website is slightly misleading, only club-level rooms get the free breakfast and perks listed on that page.

Overall, Hotel Icon exceeded my expectations and was a great deal compared to other similar hotels in Hong Kong. I would not hesitate to book here again on a return visit. Book early to take advantage of their discount.

Room tip: We had a Icon 36 Room on a higher floor with an amazing Harbour View. The views are amazing, make sure you get one!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jonathan Y
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This hotel is rated no.4 on tripadvisor for family hotels in hong kong. Not sure I can agree with this rating and not sure if I would class this hotel as a family hotel!? However, I must say, that during our stay for 4 nights in October, we were treated superbly. The rooms were spotless and all have great views. The location is perfect with plenty of restaurants and shops close by. All the staff were excellent. The breakfast magnificent! I would have no hesitation returning to this hotel and would recommend to anyone! Just be aware the rooms will only hold 2 adults/1 child.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Wayne H
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Not impressed. The welcome we received really put us off including an argument as to which type of room we had requested (smoking). Girl was rude an barely intelligible and spent 15 minutes telling us how the lights and kettle worked, then grabbed our credit card. No welcome drink or description of what was available in the hotel.
Above and beyond lounge became a headache with loads of staff running back and fore with bits of paper, more like a badly choreographed dance routine than a peaceful bar.
We also did not like the boutiquey thing. I realise this is a matter of personal taste, this was our first and will certainly be our last.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple