“Reconfirmed”
Review of Hotel ICON

Hotel ICON
Ranked #3 of 730 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I again stayed in this hotel on my recent visit to Hong Kong. It was right after opening of the hotel when I stayed last time. I was equally impressed with the hotel as in my first visit and I was immensely satisfied with services in the hotel. The hotel staff are all youthful, energetic, and attentive across all outlets I visited. Breakfast at The Market was excellent - I particularly liked the orange juice squeezer which has been added to the restaurant. Had dinner at the hotel's Chinese restaurant where I had a fantastic dish - Sichuan style prawn dish. Wallace recommended me an excellent glass of Shiraz which was an excellent company for the beautiful night view of Victoria Harbour. In my profession I have an opportunity to stay in some of the finest hotels in the world. Hotel ICON is definitely one of my best hotel. I spoke with two student interns Carmen and Bernice and I was impressed with caliber of the hotel school students associated with the hotel. Look forward to visiting again with my family on Xmas holiday.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (6,244)

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have stayed in many hotels but this is by far the best one ever. Stylish, great rooms, many extras and an overall great experience. The staff are excellent at every level, they simply cannot do enough for you, whatever you ask.
The view from the Harbour view rooms is to die for, as are the comfort of the beds. Great bathrooms, with a TV above the taps and a lovely power shower.

Above and Beyond has a great bar and even better food.

Pool and gym are excellent also.

Most of all I love the little things like canvas bags to go shopping, the FREE mini bar, lovely turn down service and even chilled water on demand. I cannot recommend this hotel more and it will always be my location when I stay in Hong Kong.

Room Tip: Get a Club Room for a great view and loads of free extras
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Pierre_le_Fruffe
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Hotel Icon is one of the better hotels I have stayed in world wide. It is as good as the luxury Sofitel brand but with even more attentive and service orientated staff. The Harbour View 38 room with views across Victoria Harbour and morning sun is fantastic and the room was tremendously well appointed. Views from the well appointed pool area were a bonus. Other quality hotels could learn a lot by checking in as a guest at Hotel Icon. My preferred choice from now on when staying in Hong Kong.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for a harbour view room.
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stayed at the Icon for a week and thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff were just fantastic, helpful and friendly without being over-bearing. We stayed in a Club room which was just so comfortable and well-appointed and had a superb view of the harbour which was mesmerizing. I'd recommend the Club rooms although I didn't see any of the other room categories. Being in this type of room we certainly enjoyed the breakfast on the 28th floor, the complimentary afternoon tea and some evenings we even fitted in the free drinks in the evening! I was pleasantly surpised that these drinks were all good brands.

I tried to get some exercise at the gym but I was in holiday mode so really only did a few token exercises but the equipment in the gym was great and has a view over the pool. And the pool area is AMAZING...view out to the harbour with comfortable recliners and chairs at tables as needed.

We also had a meal at "Green" on the lobby level which was delicious.

I could not recommend thie Icon highly enough.

Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night given its good reviews on this site. Hotel was as good as everyone described however should not be compared with other "traditional 5* hotels in HK". Think of it as a slightly upscale version of the W rather than the Peninsula.
Decor, rooms and the the whole hotel is extremely modern and well designed. Pool is heavenly overlooking HK harbour. Location is a 5 min taxi ride to TST although the hotel does offer a free shuttle service. Breakfast was great with lots of variety.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The ICON is amazing. Period. From the friendly staff greeting you at the door to the spacious rooms and well thought trough set-up. Get a room with a view of the harbor, they are a bit more expensive, but worth it. The amenities in the room are meticulously thought through giving you all you could need.

An extra bonus is the free mini-bar and the modern design of the room. There is a free shuttle going to the the Pennisula and the Ocean Centre for easy access to Hong Kong island and all other. Nice pool and gym.

Best –Over all feeling and the small details, view and pool

Good – Shuttle

Not so good – Nothing

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This place has style, class, and a positive vibe. The staff were great! The hotel has some amazing features including the living wall that scales several stories in the lobby and bar. The place feels alive. The rooms are pretty great too. They even have a turn down service which includes a lavender bath drawn and some milk and cookies... wow! The restaurant The Market buffet is amazing! The breakfast is great and the dinner is just jaw dropping! They even had lobsters on the buffet... like whole lobsters! I personally met the Pastry Chef and he was such a nice guy! Be sure to say hello. I could happily live in this hotel for the rest of eternity.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family