“Thumbs up!”

Ranked #5 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
“Thumbs up!”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I agree with most of what has been raved about this hotel. Its personnel's uniforms are unique (it compliments the image of the hotel), interior designs and gyms very well planned, and personnel helpful and courteous.

Certainly one of the better 5 star hotels, though they could improve on hotel security. I've noticed that the elevator does not have a room access only lock, something found in most prominent hotels.

Room Tip: The Harbour View rooms were superb!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,526)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 31, 2011

My husband and two teenage children stayed at Hotel Icon in Hong Kong for 11 nights in December 2011. After researching hotels on Trip Advisor and reading the excellent reviews for Hotel Icon, I was confident that it would be a good place for us and I was certainly not disappointed! We had a standard king and a twin room, so no harbour view but the rooms were an excellent size with a really nice bathroom, great shower and comfortable beds. There was also a great range of movies and other entertainment channels for English speakers on the TV. Internet access is free and is wireless to all rooms. The mini bar, (which is cans of soft drink and m and m's) is free and restocked every day, very useful when travelling with kids! We didn't use the hotel's restaurant facilities as there are plenty of other restaurants within walking distance or a short ride on the MTR and this is always a cheaper option for us, however, there is plenty of choice if you are someone who prefers to eat at the hotel. The pool area is lovely and the kids enjoyed a swim most nights. I cannot speak more highly of all the staff at the hotel, they were all so helpful, courteous and friendly and went out of their way to help me when I discovered I had left my coat containing my wallet in the airport bus. They had it back to me within 30 minutes!! I would have no hesitation booking with Hotel Icon again and would highly recommend the hotel to anyone heading to Hong Kong for a holiday or on business.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Emmar0se_7
Shanghai, China
Reviewed December 31, 2011

I read the reviews and was very pleased with my stay. The hotel delivered and the staff were efficiently friendly. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel. I was very grateful for the departure lounge.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Malta
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Hotel Icon in located in the Tsim Sha Tsui East area of Hong Kong. It is a new hotel with a modern and appealing architectural design. My room was ready when I arrived late at night. The room is of a good size and has a good shower area, a comfortable bed, tea and coffee equipment and a free minibar supplied with water and soda drinks. TV has a good selection of channels for international visitors. The hotel has three restaurants and the one I tried in the lobby was good. As breakfast was expensive, my reservation was for room only. Most of the hotel's staff are student trainers from the nearby Polytechnic university. They are very helpful and very focused on their tasks. The hotel is not in the action area of Nathan Road but a 15 minute walk or a taxi will take you there. Nearby restaurants are limited but include a MacDonalds and a good Italian restaurant. I was satisfied with my choice of Icon Hotel which proved to be an excellent choice for the well-organized, fast, crowded and very expensive city of Hong Kong.

• Stayed December 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed December 29, 2011

This must have been the best hotel experience so far...

We were lucky to have the soft opening rates, and at that rate, the experience has been unbeatable: amazing room, with an even more amazing bathroom, amazing poolside views, amazing rooftop restaurant, amazing staff. Even after check-out, it remained amazing, with the access to the chill-out room.

The moment you walk in, everything is being taken care of for you, all you have to do is admire the architecture and design of the building.

I can not come up with a negative comment, great work, ICON hotel!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Zuerich
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We had the suite 65 and because we booked very early (before the first tripadvisor review) it was a perfect price for the suite with a big room with lounge,tv,work desk with printer, 2 toilet, bedroom, shower/bathtub. In each room large windows with harbour view. Can't be better...
Our suite was at the end of the corridor so it was quiet. Some previous reviews are still right, the walls aren't that thick and if someone has a party or crying kids, you will hear it!

The In-Room Dining is fast and the food was good. Downside was the two glasses of redwine, there was only two gulps in a glas. Looks nice and is correct if you have a whole bottle but not when the glas cost USD 10$ ! I think this is because they learned it so but not i what situation

Service in the Above and Beyond Bar/Restaurant, The Market, Lobby was very friendly and helpful. All employees are very motivated to do the best and as guest you will feel this !

Location is good, MTR Hung Hom only 5 Minutes away and you can use the free shuttle bus. In the near surrounding is 7Eleven,some good Japan Restaurant, Italian etc

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alexusworld
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 27, 2011

I have nothing but good memories of my stay at this hotel. Upon arrival, the staff opened their doors for us and ushered us into the hotel lobby. The smell of the lobby is so wonderful! The fragrance brings us such a nice welcome to the hotel. The staff at Hotel Icon are very friendly and young. Whenever we pass by any one of them, they will politely greet us at any time of the day. When we reach our hotel room, we felt so happy and more than satisfied with our room. For our Icon38 room, we felt like we got so much more that what we had paid for! There's the minibar, a big Samsung Smart TV and another smaller tv in the bathroom, an expresso machine, Bose mp3 player for our iphone, a printer, stationery items (which proved to be very useful!) and a big comfy bed! The view from our 16th floor is magnificent. Icon 38 is a very spacious room in our opinion. The room smells new and is top notch clean. The bathroom is just perfect. I love every single bit of the room! I'd definitely stay there again when I come back to Hong Kong in the future. The only thing that we found a hassle was the location. As it was situated 15 minutes away from the Tsim Sha Tsui MTR station, hotel guests have to take a hotel shuttle bus (frequency every 20 minutes) to the MTR station. However, service ends at 10pm everyday. We had to walk back to the hotel two nights out of three and it was very tiring! But the location won't stop us from coming back to this hotel the next time for sure. Thank you Hotel Icon for making our stay so enjoyable!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple