“Fantastic hotel all around!”
Review of Hotel ICON

Hotel ICON
Ranked #5 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Palo Alto, California
“Fantastic hotel all around!”
Reviewed December 24, 2011

We spent one day at hotel Icon, and were pampered from the minute we walked into the lobby. Everyone in the hotel was polite and helpful, and really went out of their way to make us feel at home. The hotel, both the lobby and the room, are immaculate, bright, and elegant.

Our room (without any upgrade) was large: spacious by American standard and GIANT for Hong Kong. There was room for two comfortable, twin sized bed, a large working desk, a sofa chair and more space for our luggage! We had a view of the harbor, which was spectacular at night with all the lights. The shower was a little funky, as there was only a shower curtain but no threshold between the shower and the rest of the bathroom. But as long as we sprayed against the wall, we were able to shower without getting any water out.

The hotel is located very close to the Hung Hum train station, and the KCR east rail. To get to Tsim Sha Tsui, the concierge recommended the hotel shuttle, which runs to the Harbor City near the ferry terminal. It is also possible to walk to the East Tsim Sha Tsui station, where you can then take the Tsuen Wan Line on MTR -- very convenient! To get to the airport on public transit, take the airport express train to Kowloon, where a free shuttle (K3) will deliver you to the hotel.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay. The hotel offers everything we needed, without much frills. The free minibar access is a nice touch, although a buffet breakfast would have been even better.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,566)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed December 22, 2011

For the ICON, all I can say is, WOW. The ICON boasts charm along with class and elegance on a level unseen seen before in such an establishment. The ICON has a "neo-Atomic Age" feel combined with modern facilities that never cease to amaze. I absolutely adored the deep bathtub and walk-in rain shower. The hot water arrives in a matter of 2 seconds and you are provided with a plethora of free amenities from a shaving kit to a dental set. The highlight of the room's facilities was the mini bar! Never before in a hotel have I had a FREE mini bar available. It is equipped with four types of sodas, a Red Bull, Perrier, bottles of water, bags of M&M's, bags of nuts, and supplies for making tea and coffee. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in, and the TVs in the bedroom and bathroom were impressive. I enjoyed all three of ICON's restaurants, but my favorite would have to be The Market. The Market offers a lunch buffet daily and spared no expense in the quality of its food. My favorite dishes were the wanton soup, Singapore chicken curry, pork neck, and snow-crab legs. Along with its amenities and facilities, ICON's service was also impeccable. The manager has obviously done a fantastic job training his staff in providing outstanding service and amazing attentiveness. I cannot implore you enough to stay at the ICON. It was contemporary in it's design, chic in its style, convenient in its facilities, and classy in all areas.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 22, 2011

An amazing hotel with all the attributes of the large hotels but with a small friendly feel. All the staff were marvellous going that extra mile to make you feel like you were completely special and nothing was too much trouble.
The club rooms were fantastic and added with the ability to use the above and beyond floor at any time of the day was absolutely brilliant.
Did not want to leave..

Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed December 21, 2011

I am very impressed by Hotel ICON. Not only is it a beautiful hotel, but the staff are amazing and accommodating. I ate in all three of their restaurants (Green, The Market, and Above & Beyond) and they were all delicious. The buffet at The Market was my favorite. Snow crab legs, curries, oxtail, sushi, and so much more. The room is very cool and the bed is huge. I have slept soundly every single night. I had a spa treatment at the Angsana Spa and it was extremely relaxing. My therapist was terrific. I cannot wait to stay here again and I recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for an experience "unlike any other"!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Tumon, Mariana Islands
Reviewed December 21, 2011

I stayed at Hotel ICON Hong Kong on December 13-16, 2011 with my husband. The hotel is new but its services are excellent. I have booked ICON 38 Harbor View Room; however, I didn't expect any excellent view due to the room rate. I expected that I would get partly harbor view but standard services.

However, when I arrived hotel I found that my room is perfect with excellent full harbor view. The room is really romantic especially for lovers.

Moreover, hotel minibar is free of charge exclusive alcohol drink. During my stay, hotel also gave 2 complimentary pieces of cake.

The hotel bath kit is the brand 'Leonard Paris', which always give very scent.

The hotel location to me is okay. It's walking distance to Nathan Road and located right next to MTR station.

I will surely visit Hotel ICON Hong Kong again in future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 19, 2011

We booked into Hotel ICON the day before our stay. We got a much better deal than the one presenting itself as we look into the possibility of booking another stay three weeks from now. Around £170 a night rather than £230.

Upon arrival we were told they'd double booked us so immediately upgraded us to one of the best rooms in the hotel. Result. The staff were pleasant and helpful. The rooms extremely modern, clean and quiet. The location is excellent, very close to Tsim Sha Tsui MTR.

All in all a great spot and a wonderful hotel. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Although I'm going to wait for a better deal before I book.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Hotel is located right beside Victoria Harbour, great location. The check-in process was fast and we were given two free wi-fi codes and passwords, one for in-house guest and the other for non guest. How thoughtful!
Our room is on the 15th floor. The room is quite capacious with wide working space and nice french window, from which we can see Victoria Harbour! Wi-fi speed is fast and It's amazing that all the mini bar drinks and snacks are free, and they arerplenished every day.
Turning on TV, we are able to check our bill, as well as the local weather, map and exchange rate etc. I found it's so cool that when I was calling the guest services, I could actually see the staff name on my phone screen.
We didnt get a chance to try out the pool and gym, but I'll definately come back here!

Room Tip: Book early to get a cheaper rate, the harbour view room is awesome!