“My New Favorite in HK.”
Review of Hotel ICON

Hotel ICON
Ranked #3 of 729 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed November 28, 2011

My boss was looking for a new hotel to stay in HK when we travel on business. I kept seeing The Icon Hotel advertised on all the travel sites so I decided to take the plunge! One word...WOW! Many foreign business travelers staying here now. It's clean with impeccable service and for that little "extra" we chose the CLUB FLOOR room. (We hold many meetings at the CLUB Lounge as it is quite and offers the best view of the harbour in the building) I've now stayed here 3 times and really don't see the value in purchasing the Harbour View over the City View as all the rooms had fascinating views of the city. The location is not near Kowloon central (Canton Rd.) but on a nice day it's a 20 min walk and you can see all the shops and small markets on the way. There is always a taxi just steps outside of the door so no worries there. The restaurants in the hotel are STELLAR! My favorite is THE MARKET. Open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. I strongly recommend you make a reservation as soon as you check-in. The restaurants fill up fast with the local business workers for Lunch and Dinner. Free WIFI throughout the property and in your room. Also free mini bar and little snacks. Nice touch. My only "pet peeve" is how horribly SLOW the elevators are. Other than that this one is a MUST TRY.

Room Tip: For a SPLURGE try the Club Suite 65. Living and dining areas are stunning. Didn't want to leave.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Vegas2Macau
Write a ReviewReviews (6,324)

Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed here for four nights in October. The hotel is new so everything is still spick and span. The quality of the decor and fittings is of a very high standard. The staff are excellent they cannot do enough for you. The room was very comfortable - huge bed, lovely well equipped bathroom with a shower big enough to hold a party in and a huge tub as well. Cannot fault it - my only comment would be to take the hotel address and a map with you when you go out - many of the taxi drivers had still not heard of the hotel so the map came in handy.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2011

My sister and I stayed at Hotel ICON for 3 nights last weekend. We booked this hotel partially because of the great reviews on TripAdvisor and partially because it was relatively cheap in terms of 5 star hotels.

The room was great, on the small side (which is completely normal for Hong Kong), and clean. The bed was super comfortable, you might never want to get up ever again. Sleep quality was great, except the room gets super dry at night. Credit goes to the room service, the cleaning lady was amazing, leaving the room impeccable every time when we came back to the hotel.

The location was very good, close to Hung Hom station if you use the back door. However, Hung Hom is kind of awkward in terms of the MTR system, having to transfer three times just to get to Causeway Bay.

The facilities were excellent - the views from the pool was breathtaking (especially at night). And the gym was very well equipped. All very clean and modern.

The service was overall very good, although it seemed to still be one step down from excellent, nevertheless, it has great potential.

All in all, Hotel ICON is excellent value for money - with excellent facilities, great rooms, and good service. The free mini bar was a plus. I would most definitely stay here if I were to come to Hong Kong again.

Room Tip: **19 has a great view of both the city and the habour, and of course, the higher the floor, the bett...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank bcctrxlstrng
Reviewed November 26, 2011

This was my first trip to Hong Kong and I was travelling alone for the first time, When I checked in my first priority was to find a doctor to treat my blistered feet after spending three days walking in Bangkok and the concierge couldnt have been more helpful in finding a doctor and setting up an appointment straight away. He then arranged a tour for me the following day and gave me ideas on where to eat and what to see. My room was excellent with all the amenities you could want, a view of the harbour and most important a comfortable bed. My first evening I went to the buffet restaurant for dinner which had the most amazing choice of food, but it was expensive at 493HKD about £40 although I do believe it was value for money. They also have a lobby cafe which is very nice where you can get a light meal or lunch or snack. The hotel is in an excellent location with shopping and restaurants within easy walking distance , even with my feet. All in all I would highly recommend this hotel. One piece of advice I was given was do not buy cameras or electronic items on Nathan road as what you see is not always what you get, the best places to go for these items are Fortress or Broadway stores although I didnt find prices that much cheaper. In all I really enjoyed Hong Kong it was lively, vibrant and somewhere I would go back to

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank barryalee
Reviewed November 26, 2011

I have made 3 trips to Hong Kong, and stumbles onto the Icon reviews on Trip Advisor.

Trip Advisor has become my reference point of choice for selecting Hotels on my numerous international travels again, it has not disappointed.

Hotel Icon in a fresh, vibrant, superbly facilitated Hotel which I can highly recommend.

The reception staff are well informed, frienly and efficient. The Green Bistro is a fantastic afternoon coffee or wine spot and the staff are well informed and the food is superb.

The rooms are modern and very well kept with superb ameneties and attention to detail

The club rooms on the 38th floor provide superb views of Hong Kong and the Gymnasium, changing rooms and "tranist room" are all kmagnificent.

The Market, the Hotel's main resaurant, is very populart and serves fantastic food and wine.

Whilst at face value the Hotel seems a little out of the way, the TST East MTR is a 10 minute walk away.

I can honestly say that I can find any faults with this hotel and this will most certainly become my hotel of choice for business and personal travel in Hong Kong.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2011

We chose this hotel due to its proximity to Hung Hom station ( the train to Shenzhen) , its price and the good reviews it had recieved since opening. Our expectations were not just met but exceeded.
The rooms and public areas are quite lovely with significant thought put into the design and excellent attention to detail - ie. lights come on automatically when you enter your room and the shower head actually points IN to the curved shower screen/tray and not out of it like most. The complimentary minibar is a great idea and all services we experienced were faultless.

The location really was very good being still walking distance to Star Ferry, TST etc but the proximity to the train station made our lives much easier after winning the shopping Olympics at Shenzhen on a couple of occasions.

Other things that really stood out :
The pool area and indeed the view from the pool area is quite oustanding - the entire harbour and Island right there in full panorama. It became a popular place to regroup at the end of the day and watch the Lightshow with a cold drink, depsite the fact that our rooms also had great views.
The Concierge and particularly Cody where outstanding - Cody did everything from chase us down the street to direct us to a better restaurant ( he rang ahead and discovered they were out of Goose which he knew we were after) to packing up our shopping and organising it to be shipped back to Australia. Nothing was too much trouble and his smiling face and happy demenour was very much appreciated.
Also the 'Timeless' room was very welcome and we all used it when we checked out to repack, relax and show etc...as our flight was not until very late. In saying this is also the first hotel I can remember that allowed us to check in at 7.00 AM ( at not extra charge)- can you beleive it !

This purpose built training hotel is an excellent idea for both students and travellers and offers a tremendous option for Hong Kong visitors at a fraction of the price of similar establishments.

I rarely stay anywhere twice but cannot think of a single reason why I would even bother researching another hotel for my next trip.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank 40ishcouple
Reviewed November 26, 2011

We paid a steep price to stay here. But it included so many things . Excellent breakfast, free wifi , free cupcakes and coffee , free minibar (which had excellent selection of snacks and beer), free cocktails during the happy hour. They also upgraded our room from City view to Harbour view free of charge and it was a wonderful view at night. Service was excellent and the location is just perfect. It was just 10 min walk to metro and they have a shuttle running to the town every 30 min. The rooms were quite big . They have a nice pool overlooking the harbour and the staff at the pool were very courteous. Overall it was a five star experience at a five star price. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family