“Excellent food for reasonable price”
Review of Thai Delight

Thai Delight
Ranked #4,175 of 8,959 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This restaurant offers very good Thai food at a reasonable price! I went there already with friends, colleagues, visitors from overseas... always very positive feedback. The staff is very friendly too. I can highly recommend the prawn sashimi and the seafood rice.

1  Thank chris_99_12
There are newer reviews for Thai Delight

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Not the worst Thai food I have eaten, but it was very much a mixed bag of chinese food flavoured with green chillie and basil to produce a not so authentic Thai meal. But I am not knocking the fusion attempt as the Green Curry was very nice, and large portions too. Only minor gripe was the lack of English and having to resort hand signals!

Reviewed January 21, 2012

The food was ok not brilliant and the staff was friendly until it comes to payment. Thai Delight was the first restaurant which charge me a service fee and reject my tip, even when I said they should keep it. BTW: it was only a small amount, as they charge already a service fee.

The staff develop a very bad attitude ;(

Reviewed August 29, 2011

The standards here have dropped alarmingly and not so the prices. The food was tasteless, hardly like Thai at all. The Lemongrass chicken should have been bones with batter not as described on the menu.
Staff inattentive and the whole place just smells of neglect.
Try the small Thai Kitchen across street, the don’t take plastic but the food is 1000 times better.

1  Thank FJB774
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I was told by a friend to visit Thai Delight on Lockhart Road. So I headed out to Wan Chai to find the restaurant situated between two seedy bars. The restaurant is on the 1st floor and doesn't have any wheelchair access, so not a great place to take old grandparents.

The restaurant had two seating areas, one which was towards the outside, facing the road and had tall tables and bar stools and another seating area inside with regular tables, chairs and sofas. As I was single, I was offered one of the smaller outside tables, but thankfully it was air-conditioned and not a problem.

The menu was quite extensive and had a lot of dishes that you wouldn't probably see in Thai restaurants. I guess that this restaurant has opted to fuse their dishes with other Asian cuisines and it went down pretty well. I ordered a crabmeat fried rice and spicy stewed beef. Both were tasty and complimented each other well. I wish that I could try out the other dishes, but as a solo tourist I didn't have that option. I would recommend Thai Delight to anybody who is in the Wan Chai area and wants to eat non-Canto Asian food.

1  Thank Traveleator