“There is only one word: WOW!”

The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong
Ranked #2 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed October 27, 2012

There is only one word: WOW. This exclamation sums up our time at the RC HK. I stayed here for three nights with my wife in October and I don’t think I have ever stayed at such a fantastic and well run place.

We arrived after being picked up in the hotel’s beautiful Rolls Royce. There, we were greeted at the front door and whisked straight to our room, where we were checked in on the 113th floor. The room (which was upgraded to a spectacular corner room with the most amazing view of Victoria Harbor) was absolutely fantastic. Note: it is HIGH, so for those with a bit of vertigo I would advise not sitting against he glass, although after a couple of brandy’s from the mini bar it is not nearly as scary!)

In any event, I don’t think there is a finer view in HK (including the Peak).

Service was superb, with any small request being immediately and efficiently dealt with (including a delightful chocolate birthday cake in the room for my wife.)

Plenty of great reviews here to which I can only add my agreement; A few highlights for us included:

A treatment in the couples room at the ESPA with a fabulous facial/head/neck massage (the ultimate jet lag cure.)

The pool is out of this world, especially the outdoor and very HOT jacuzzi.

We ate in Tin Lung Heen and had the most exquisite meal in including the tastiest and crispest duck I have ever enjoyed as well as an amazing spiced crab. The room itself and the wine cave corridors are a work of art (and the wine list caters to every taste and price.)

Special mention and again a sincere thank you to Cecillia in Guest Relations and Jeffery in Tin Lung Heen for making our stay so memorable.

We simply can’t wait to go back.

P.S. Small tip: If you are heading out on one of the late flights back to Europe, you can check your bags in in the morning at the airpot express in Kowloon station below the hotel. Bags are gone and you have the whole day to relax in HK before a quick 20 minute ride to the airport.

Room Tip: Go for a Victoria Harbour view. All the rooms are new and are very well appointed.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DiveSailSkiTrek
Write a ReviewReviews (3,338)

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I am back to Miami after a wonderful trip to Hong Kong, there are no words to say how amazed I am. Since the very first moment arriving at the Ritz Carlton the experience was incredible, the breathtaking place and your amazing staff attitude where a perfect combination for the best vacation time I have ever had. The execution of your operations is impeccable, the rooms, restaurants and the whole place is just unbelievable. I got the chance to have lunch at tosca and let me tell you....WOW!!! chef Vittorio really is a super star, no more than compliments on his food presentation and wonderful flavors, I am an Italian food lover and never thought I will have the best Italian food experience in my life at Hong Kong. To all the staff at the Club Level: congratulations team! impeccable service.
I want to mention some of the names that I remember where a key to this dream I still feel is going to be impossible to wake up from. Billy Chan, Kit Chiu, Hervé Yen, Ken Pang, Mathew Li (way to go Mat) Emiel Vandewiele, Franzesca ( I might be misspelling a little) at the Club Level, Akiko, Lan (room attendant) Jhon and Alan (drivers) Judy Cheng...great job! and of course Chef Vittorio, Jackie Hoo and last but not Least Mr Pierre Perusset thank you from the bottom of my heart you really are amazing Leaders please forgive my memory I wish I could mention every single person of the staff but they are all superb! your bellman attitude is a key to the experience and they really know what they are doing. Please share my words with all your ladies and gentleman and I will take care of sharing this experience with every single person I know and whoever I will meet on the future. Love to all of you, I am sure you are the number one and not other place will take that away. Extremaly happy indeed and full of awesome energy to go back to work see you soon friends love,
Tatiana Ramirez <3

Room Tip: The rooms are all new and beautiful awesome bathrooms, no need to look to hard.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 20, 2012

It's exactly what one might expect from a Ritz hotel, but it didn't blow us away. As expected in Hong Kong, the service was impeccable. The room (a corner suite) was a weird shape which was a bit small. We had actually booked a smaller suite and were upgraded because we were first-time visitors, thank you, but still small. Bathroom amenities were very average, I expect Bvlgari or Aqua Di Parma or something in that league, no such luck. The indoor pool was slightly cold for a heated pool, and the super-trendy 120 odd LCD screens behind the wall and roof panels over the pool displaying the Hong Kong Skyline, were WAY too bright, but a great idea. Their gym was very well kitted and the Spa had a great selection of treatments and products but was the most expensive we've experienced in Hong Kong so far. The OZONE bar was totally fantastic as was the Lounge & Bar restaurant. Both gave wonderful service and the HK$1,000 burger was very tasty, albeit rich. We had a great time at the Ritz but to be honest, we probably wouldn't return to stay. For the same price, you would do better at the Four Seasons or Mandarin Oriental.

Room Tip: Book a corner suite
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DEK649
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have to tell you this is one of the best hotels I've ever had the pleasure of staying in. From the moment they meet you at the airport, until you're comfortable in your room, just first class all the way. Our Concierge met us outside and escorted us inside and up to the 103rd floor where Reception is. Then we hopped another elevator to the 107th floor to our room where, all the while, she was telling us everything about the hotel. She registered us in our room and before she was gone our bags were delivered. Every interaction with anyone on the hotel staff has gone beyond our expectations. They treated us like royalty. Everything was magnificent, except one thing - the beds could have been softer. As this is a brand new hotel, I'm sure over time they will. From the blinds/curtains that are electric to the amenities in the bathroom, to the turndown service to the coffee and tea in the room - you won't be left for wanting anything!

You will LOVE it here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This property cannot be beat!! The building is already placed on higher ground, but the lobby is perched over 50 stories above the entrance. Our room was on the 116th floor. The views of the harbor were FANTASTIC. It was dizzying. We were on Ritz Carlton Club level and there is no formal check in. They escort you to your room and take your passports and credit card there while you indulge, if you wish, in the complimentary chocolates waiting for you. We had just spent a week in the hinterlands of China and let me just say that this was heaven.

The spa is pretty phenomenal. The treatment room had floor to ceiling windows and after my foot reflexology treatment I thought I was levitating. Everything is designed to soothe.

The Club floor offers a complimentary breakfast that is very complete. It also offers cocktails and snacks (so plentiful you could actually make dinner out of it if you were so inclined) in the afternoon. Also offered prior to that is a high tea. Fantastic! The gym is very complete, their swimming tool stunning.

We had dinner in their Italian restaurant and just arriving at our table was an experience. The design is eye candy and the restaurant fantastic. The food was excellent, as was the service. Very nice wine menu as well!

I have had the good fortune of staying in many luxury properties over the years, but this one is probably in my Top Two for city properties. It simply could not be beat as far as comfort, design, accommodations and amenities. This is perfect for business OR personal. I cannot say enough great things about this property. It exceeded all of my expectations and they were high to begin with. I loved it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SafariSnob
Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

Located in one of the most impresive and tallest towers in the world! The ozone bar is the best Bar I ever visited, excelent service, decoration and ambiance , unforgettable view and excelent food, great music and the entire hotel has something to surprise you with every step you make! I would love to go back soon!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank AlondraJahel
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Upon arrival, every attendant is there to guide you and make you feel personally welcome.

The views from my room on 113 floor were spectacular. The hotel is convenient to the airport express and light rail to downtown Hong Kong is fast.

There are several restaurants to choose from and I tried them all. The food was always well prepared. The breakfast buffet was clean with freshly baked pastries. Truly a breakfast for every taste. One complaint is the coffee was off (the Nespresso in the room was better!)

The room had all the electronics and automatic curtains and lighting controls were very easy to operate. I loved the wide choice of about a dozen newspapers delivered on request each morning.

Overall, the service was second to none. Every request was met with a smile and immediate response.

I stay there for eight days in September 2012.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business