“The best of the best”

The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong
Ranked #2 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Upon arrival, every attendant is there to guide you and make you feel personally welcome.

The views from my room on 113 floor were spectacular. The hotel is convenient to the airport express and light rail to downtown Hong Kong is fast.

There are several restaurants to choose from and I tried them all. The food was always well prepared. The breakfast buffet was clean with freshly baked pastries. Truly a breakfast for every taste. One complaint is the coffee was off (the Nespresso in the room was better!)

The room had all the electronics and automatic curtains and lighting controls were very easy to operate. I loved the wide choice of about a dozen newspapers delivered on request each morning.

Overall, the service was second to none. Every request was met with a smile and immediate response.

I stay there for eight days in September 2012.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong

Reviewed October 15, 2012

It was a remarkable experience of the lifetime at Ritz-Carlton. The best swimming pool I have ever been in and the greatest drinks at Ozon bar. Just glance from the window is enough to get the grasp of Hong Kong map under a minute. Almost 500 m above the ground caused us to feel like an Angels in the Sky.

From the arrival to our departure Ritz welcomed us and comfort our stay to the level of beyond expectations. An outstanding service is vital for those who’ve traveled hundreds of miles by plane, and they were on hand to accomplish that with extraordinary grace.

Staff personal input set the right tone for the rest of our stay, and I’m much in your debt for the additional courtesies that helped us enjoy the trip.

We would like to express that Ritz have new advocate and preservation friend in Poland and Indonesia. We congratulate manager and staff and thank you for creating our inspirational impression of Hong Kong city hospitality.

Room Tip: You are at the 5th tallest build of the world!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Was there 2 days ago, and i need to tell that i was so impressed by all,as soon i go at the lift you should see the service and quality of this hotel, they don't make anymore hotel like this one.
My breakfast was nice, and the food at the italian restaurant was fantastic, better than be in italy.
Creativity was there all the time, flavour and taste,the pork ribs as starter was mamma mia so good.
Anyway just when yuo go inside the tower fell a bit funny but the end it's stunnig this monster

i love it

Room Tip: you must ask for floor 116
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The Ritz is the Ritz, but one must remember ths is the Ritz China-style (oops, sorry. HONG KONG-style), so there's a few things that are off. The food for an American like me was subpar, the service left something to be desired, but as I'd acclimated a bit to service in China during my time there it bothered my friend (for whom it was his irate time there) more than it bothered me. The hot tub was a disappointment, what with the bright lights and inability to see anything, but I suppose it comes with the territory of being so far up. The pool didn't look great either. Overall, not up to the Ritz standards I was used to, but still it was fun to be in such a tall building and the accommodations were still very nice, as it was, after all, still a Ritz-Carlton.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel B
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The views from our room on level 117 are certainly unbeatable. And the location and decor are excellent too. However, Ritz Carlton should seriously consider making this property a real "Hong Kong" hotel by using Traditional (not just Simplified) Chinese and addressing local guests in Cantonese (instead of Putonghua). We had to keep looking out the windows to remind ourselves we were not in Shenzhen or Shanghai.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Artiquette
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is a true Ritz Carlton experience.

The views are spectacular as are the rooms and service. Note it is in Kowloon, but well suited for connection to the light rail system connecting the airport and downtown hong kong itself.

For a great experience visit the club on the top floor with an open air patio overlooking one of the most spectacular views I have seen anywhere in the world.

The room had all the electronic goodies that you could want and sleep on the extremely comfortable bed came quickly.

Excellent hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Wow what a hotel. I got a room on the 110 floor and the view was amazing. Almost a little dizzying when I walked up to the window. Stayed there for three nights and got a great deal when I booked through AMEX Travel (so check it out). Service was top-notch and while my name was unusual, they made an effort to get to know it. Front desk staff was fantastic and upgraded me on arrival. Room was immaculate even the office table. I was there on a mix of work and pleasure so my work desk was an important aspect and it was pleasant especially when you have a view so high up. Add to that a rainfall shower and you've probably got the best hotel in town. The pool is on the 118 floor and again its breathtaking. Somehow swimming while watching high rises beneath you is electrifying.

Fitness center had some high-tech equipment and actually wanted to make me work out. The famous Tin Lung was worth the visit, but I did find that the flavours a little bland. Probably due to the fact that they catered to a numerous visitors that come through. That being said they should have been a little daring with the spices. Don't get me wrong through, the baked crab was sensational.

The only real complaint (if you want to call it that) was at the spa. Got a mens facial and the esthetician was almost combative when trying to sell me product. When I finally said let me think about it, she put it on the invoice on the way out. Due to my travel I wasn't in a position to take add to my weigh allowance. I asked her to remove the items on my way out, but it I felt pressured and uncomfortable. Other issue I had was the selection for breakfast. While it was vast, they had the same items on all three days. A little variation would be great.

The Ozone bar on the top is another show stopper. Don't plan to get drunk there though, a glass of wine was around $18 and it wasn't even a high end. Regardless the view is to die for.

Overall I go again for sure. The views are amazing and while this is a little out of the way from where all the night life is, the hotel is worth it. Overall top-notch and in my opinion good value for money. 5 stars as the minor issue far out weigh the overall hotel experience. One of the few places where I spent more time in the hotel than out.

Room Tip: All rooms have great views. I would request a room closer to the elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo