See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 12, 2018

I have been staying at 99B High Street Sai Yang Pun for 2 months now and tonight is my last night here. Thought I must drop a line to ease your mind if you are looking around for similar.

Considering HK is known for being compact, my studio is no exception. It’s tiny and a bit pricy but it has almost every basic thing you need for short or long stay…obviously you cant expect 5 stars facilities. One thing I do wish to mention, there is no washing machine, but a self service and many dry clean very close by…so I did not find it a big problem. The studio is pretty decent, clean and tidy. And I have not yet seen a single cockroach inside the block of apartments…there are plenty outside on the street though. Other then the fridge being a bit old, I find the studio I have been staying in pretty satisfactory.

Now about the staff, Katie, Stanley and Jimmy, as well as the cleaner Ann, were very kind and helpful. Katie works on the finance, she gets the rent off you every month. At first, I was not comfortable with the debit authorization form I need to do for advance payments…long story short…it was proven proper and hassle free. Jimmy, rushed out after office hours late in an evening to help out some tenants who had locked themselves out…otherwise they would be spending a night in the corridor. So, don’t forget to keep one of their phone nos for emergency…

So, I will end this review with: I have a peaceful stay here.

Room Tip: Obviously, you must check it out first for yourself regardless of what anyone says
Stayed: June 2018, traveled solo
3  Thank KW511
Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

I was stayng in Bonham strand for 18 months and during my stay the city loft staff really took care all my needs in terms of cleaning , maintenance full support and recovery issues with internet and repair works.

Heads up to all your management and able to laise well with your subordinates and deliver great service to your clients.

Location wise is great and little pricey but worth it to find this kind of service is impossible in HK.

If you are in HK and busy at work the solution is : Stay at City loft to hassle free your headache where to stay....

Regards,
Giulio

Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
2  Thank TheSultansTable
Reviewed July 11, 2017

I've stayed at this facility for about 1,5 year. Month by month the quality and the service deteriorated. It's such a sad thing really. There is no serviced apartment mentality any more. There's no cleaning service (Thank god they change the sheets once a week), the internet is getting worse and worse, no tv channels (they have dvd player, who the hell watches dvds nowadays?)..etc. The only good thing is the location. It's really close to central. If you get easily frustrated with the internet quality, look somewhere else. If you're gonna stay more than a month look somewhere. If you're gonna only use it to sleep, then I believe it's a great option as the location is really good.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed May 15, 2016 via mobile

Highly recommended if you like cockroaches and rats. My room in Jervois Street had big and small cockroaches from day 1 - complained many times and nothing serious was ever done. I used many products but there were so many that it was impossible to solve the problem. Found rats in the stairs many times (and yes, Hong Kong ones are huge), obviously attracted by the huge amount of trash that is left in the stairs all the time. Exhausted, I eventually moved out before the end of the contract. Besides, the room is uncomfortable, with dirty sheets and very humid walls. Extremely poor value for money. I know Hong Kong is very pricy and it's difficult to find proper flats but avoid this at any cost, believe me.

Stayed: April 2016, traveled on business
3  Thank 0085267540900
Reviewed December 28, 2015

I stayed at the Wing Lok street building of City Loft for just over a month around November 2015, and did not enjoy my stay at all. City Loft is owned by an immensely rich Filipino lady who however is unable to be contacted, even by her staff.

As for the staff, they are a mixed bag - Stanley and many of the caretaking team such as Bong are heroically hard working and pleasant, unlike most of the admin team in the office (a location they are not happy to divulge), where the likes of surly Amy who is responsible for the return of your deposit reside.

Although I have high praise for Stanley's conscientiousness, he did not tell me at the outset the truth about the poor internet in the building, as this for me is a deal breaker, and I would never have moved there had I known how poor it was.

I complained about 12 times about the front door of the building not closing properly, considering it a security issue, and ultimately they said there is nothing they can do about it, since they do not have the money to replace the door. So, beware if you want to live in a building where the front door is sometimes open to anyone in the street!

The furnishings are depressingly bad. Scratched, old, and ugly. VERY thin walls. Loud air conditioning. Thin curtains. Bedsheets with holes. Mattresses with bugs (I had to have mine replaced).No hot water from the "kitchen area" sink (a planning issue apparently). Single guys - don't think about bringing a girl back here! Ladies - close your eyes!

I had to be extremely assertive to get what I wanted (mostly out in the end), and hate having to be that way. It really is bottom of the barrel accommodation. Better to find somewhere less central than inflict upon yourself this living experience.

• Stayed: November 2015, traveled solo