See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 15, 2016 via mobile

Highly recommended if you like cockroaches and rats. My room in Jervois Street had big and small cockroaches from day 1 - complained many times and nothing serious was ever done. I used many products but there were so many that it was impossible to solve the problem. Found rats in the stairs many times (and yes, Hong Kong ones are huge), obviously attracted by the huge amount of trash that is left in the stairs all the time. Exhausted, I eventually moved out before the end of the contract. Besides, the room is uncomfortable, with dirty sheets and very humid walls. Extremely poor value for money. I know Hong Kong is very pricy and it's difficult to find proper flats but avoid this at any cost, believe me.

Stayed: April 2016, traveled on business
3  Thank 0085267540900
Reviewed December 28, 2015

I stayed at the Wing Lok street building of City Loft for just over a month around November 2015, and did not enjoy my stay at all. City Loft is owned by an immensely rich Filipino lady who however is unable to be contacted, even by her staff.

As for the staff, they are a mixed bag - Stanley and many of the caretaking team such as Bong are heroically hard working and pleasant, unlike most of the admin team in the office (a location they are not happy to divulge), where the likes of surly Amy who is responsible for the return of your deposit reside.

Although I have high praise for Stanley's conscientiousness, he did not tell me at the outset the truth about the poor internet in the building, as this for me is a deal breaker, and I would never have moved there had I known how poor it was.

I complained about 12 times about the front door of the building not closing properly, considering it a security issue, and ultimately they said there is nothing they can do about it, since they do not have the money to replace the door. So, beware if you want to live in a building where the front door is sometimes open to anyone in the street!

The furnishings are depressingly bad. Scratched, old, and ugly. VERY thin walls. Loud air conditioning. Thin curtains. Bedsheets with holes. Mattresses with bugs (I had to have mine replaced).No hot water from the "kitchen area" sink (a planning issue apparently). Single guys - don't think about bringing a girl back here! Ladies - close your eyes!

I had to be extremely assertive to get what I wanted (mostly out in the end), and hate having to be that way. It really is bottom of the barrel accommodation. Better to find somewhere less central than inflict upon yourself this living experience.

• Stayed: November 2015, traveled solo
3  Thank gazzala
Reviewed September 24, 2014

Stanley and Mario were both extremely helpful, no matter the time or day. Stanley really went out of his way to make sure I was satisfied with my unit.

They change the sheets and do some cleaning once a week, which is really helpful.

A lot of the units in the building do not have a window, so make sure you specify that you want a window! Stanley allowed me to move into a window-less room and then transfer over to a windowed room when it became available. Really nice of him.

Room Tip: The windowless rooms seem bigger, but I enjoyed having a window.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank 133cory
Reviewed June 16, 2014

To avoid at any cost.
Whilst the service is convenient and the flats rather tidy, the service is expensive and the agency does not always give you your deposit back and avoid to answer you when you try to contact them.
My advice: AVOID.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Alix9309
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed at Citiloft for a year in two different places. From the beginning, Stanley provided me with fantastic personal service and catered to all my needs. During the stay, little things that needed repair were taken care of quickly. Move out was simple, seamless, and Stanley even stored my belongings for one week until I was able to pick them up. Overall I would give Citiloft 9.5 out of 10 and would recommend it to my friends and associates.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business