“UK to HK”

City Loft Service Studio
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hong Kong
City Loft Service Studio
Ranked #119 of 159 Specialty Lodging in Hong Kong
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Hi

I would just like to express how comfortable my stay was at city lofts, Sheung Wan. I can see some not so favourable reviews here and I would like to make my experience known. Hong Kong has always been a place that I have most wanted to visit and work in. City loft made it a less stressful move over. For a busy place, Hong kong can be quite lonely. The staff made it less daunting, with a friendly hello when we cross paths. It terms of the size, it was ample as you don't stay in your room in HK and all places in HK are small. For the price it was more than satisfactory It would have been great watching TV and chilling out after a full day out, but HK TV wasn't really my cup of tea. Luckily I had my iPad and full wifi in the room. My stay was just under 3 months, before I moved on to a current place in TST, closer to my new place of work. I would recommend city lofts to anyone taking that leap to start a new life in HK. Its basic, but clean and I felt safe coming back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Christina T
There are newer reviews for City Loft Service Studio

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We did stay in City loft in Wing Lok st. Sheung Wan during christmas season it was convenient and clean. I just don't get some of the bad reviews I never happen to us. Had a great time and the staff was accommodating they even have a laundry area on the roof top which you can buy hang around. My kids was so happy with the area… MTR, Tram and bus stop is just around the corner pus a bonus of park n Shop, Welcome and 7 11. I will not hesitate to recommend it to my family and friends. Keep it up City Loft and more power.

Room Tip: Look for Stanley He will take care of you.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Eric M
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The phillipino maids stole some of my things. I took the matter up with management(anita) who ignored it. The rooms are really not that cheap and I expecected management to get back to me but they pretty much ignored it. Basically if anything is left around the maids will help themselves to it.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank mac s
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I booked this serviced apt in Shenung wan as it was not that expensive and was fine on the picture. After a week of stay I got robbed in the apt. I totally trusted Hong Kong as everyone is saying its totally safe but still put my stuff in a locked drawer in the room, just in case. One night I came back late and the lock of the door wasnt on and the drawer was open. Looked like they had the keys!
They took almost everything and when i called the agency to complain they could not do anything, they had one security camera but they are not insured for this kind of stuff. Also the police never contacted me back.
I suspect the owner or the staff members to be part of this It is worse paying more and get a safe place!!!!
Also, I should mention, hot water worked only once a week. NO towels or anything in the place, so obvisouly, not a serviced apt.Cleaning lady supposed to come once a week, for me she came once in the month!
Plus, they forgot to mention they make visits while you are not there...

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank Laura G
Reviewed June 29, 2012

This is my 2nd time at City Loft. The first time I got extremely pissed off as something disappeared in my room, but since they realized how bad it would look on them, I guess they made an extreme effort to be nice and I was too preoccupied by other stuff to do anything about it. But seriously: while I had prepared myself for just about anything... I certainly wasn't ready for that, considering it's Hong Kong!!!

But I was actually too lazy to find another service apartment company the 2nd time I came back, so I went back to City Loft. And guess what: it's now a nightmare. Between cockroaches, rotten wall (the first time I inquired about this, they just scratched it and painted over, so guess what happened 2 weeks later...), air con which breaks down and is not repaired, and suddenly, one day, no hot water.... And what's worst is that the follow-up service is a joke, because you can understand why some of these things happen in older HK buildings, but what is unacceptable is the lack of responsiveness from the staff there. I'm not sure what else can go wrong...

So, my recommendation? In case it was not already obvious, avoid at all cost!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank T S
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I was quite hesitant after reading the reviews but I was pleasantly surprised. They have some really old units but after viewing a few, Stanley took me to see some new ones and they were quite pleasant, small but clean. I had to pay a little bit more for the newer units of course. But for the budget I had, it was ok and comfortable. In short, you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Make sure you view the units first
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Martin L
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My new camera & $500 AUD got stolen whilst I was staying there!

I knew it was one of their maintenance staff who had stolen my camera and cash, because he came into my apartment once without my permission, later told me that he came in to check on the toilet.

I told the agency about it, and they didn't bother to investigate or do anything about it.

I had to report this to the police as a result.

Apart from it being a thieve's house, it is an appalling place to stay. The window was broken, and so cold at night. The toilet not working properly. The shower is so small, that you could hardly move.

DO NOT STAY THERE!