“First Class Hotel”

Ranked #7 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
Sydney, Australia
“First Class Hotel”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Have just stayed for 3 nights at this teaching hotel. Have to say when the students finish their studies they will be ready for any 5 star hotel in the world. The trainers are so professional, the students are so eager to learn and the accommodation, food and assistance given is far better than any 5 star hotel I have ever stayed in. Congratulations to managment on such a great environment.

Room Tip: ask for an ocean view room otherwise every room is exactly the same - beautiful
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank SueV1313

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I just returned from my trip to HK. This is the best hotel I ever stayed in HK with excellent service and huge rooms with beautiful scenic views. Reminds me of Kimpton's in US, but better. Blackout curtains, comfortable beds like Westin, ceiling mount rainfall showerheads were a nice touch. I always looked forward to returning to the hotel in the evening for the chocolates. I also liked the fact that there is a kettle in the room to boil water for tea. It is not a coffee machine like most hotels expect one to boil water in. The bathroom amenities was excellent. They even had slippers, toothbrushes, and combs.
The buffet breakfast was great. It had a nice variety of western and eastern dishes. I asked the chef what was the condiments in the asian dish (looked like pickled vegetables), he disappeared in the kitchen, and when he finally came back, I asked him again, and he disappeared to the kitchen again. I will never find out what kind of vegetable that is pickled. I wished they would be offer HK milk tea as an option rather than just western teas and coffees. One of the students was innovative, and said she will try to make the HK milk tea, and warned me it might not be like the tea at the restaurants but the main thing was she tried making it, and it was great.
Wifi was free. It seems the more expensive the hotel room, the hotel tends to charge for everything like wifi or parking.
The only things I did not like is this hotel is
...it is not great for families who like to share a room. I had to get 2 rooms as the limit is 2 people per room. Despite my early reservation (3 months' advance booking), and request for 2 rooms to be close together, the rooms they gave us was far apart from each other. 10 room numbers apart.
It is far from the city, though the public buses were just outside the hotel, and takes 30 minutes to get to Mongkok by bus. The A10 bus goes to/from the airport which is convient.
Overall, a great hotel to get away from the hustle of the city.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank thefoodunkie
Brasilia, DF
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Discovered "T Hotel" here, at Trip Advisor, after almost cancelling my trip do Hong Kong due to hotels high cost in HK! And believe me (us) : "T Hotel" is a 5* category with a 3* cost ! Hiper clean,luxurious,nice atmosphere and views, excellent room with great minibar prices,and a breakfast buffet to indulge yourself.Staff is nice, and not intrusive,all that have been said already by others reviewers. Stayed just one night s (most of the time stood at the Novotel,who slashed prices a few days before my arrival - another review too).Making things shorte : do not miss the "T Hotel" !!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with harbour view (in advance)!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Luiz Gustavo d
Belgium
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Brilliant place. Although a little distanve outside the centre on Hong Kong island the extra distance is more than compensated by the hotel. With o ly about 30 rooms it is a very small and frinedly place. The staff are all super polite as they are truing to do their best to impress their teachers. The rooms are really large, certainly for the price, with magnificent views out on to the sea. There is a well equiped gym. The breakfast buffet was very complete, including fresh omletes, and from 10am until 10pm there is excellent food available from the a la carte menu. Room service is from the same menu, at no surcharge, and the mini bar price are extremely low (just over a dollar for a can of beer).
All in all and excellent place, really good value for money with great service

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank AJ_68
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed here December 2012, originally booked 1 room, however they required us to get another room because we are a family of 5 (w/ 3 kids aged 10, 12 & 14 yo). We asked for a bigger room, but there is no bigger room and it is their policy to accomodate only up to 4 persons per room. They suggested that 1 adult and 2 kids stay in room 1 and 1 adult and 1 kid stay at room 2. Not really fine with us, since our annual vacation is something we always look forward to, and it includes bonding while inside the hotel room. Well, we still ended up staying in 1 room, though we paid for 2. Good thing they allowed us to cut short our stay, from 3 nights to 1 night, and thanks to their wifi, I was able to book online to another hotel.

I understand that they are strict with all protocols because this is a training hotel. Though in reality, hotels can be lenient with the number of occupants esp kids staying in the room. Like in this trip, we stayed at Banyan Tree Macau, Novotel Nathan (the hotel I booked impromptu), and Marco Polo Gateway, and stayed only in 1 room for all these hotels.

But I would stay with T hotel again, if we travel as a couple. :)

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank lanilei
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I hate to write this review because I worry that if more people find out about it there will never be empty rooms for my next visit. This is a training hotel, so once you keep this in mind you will have an exceptional time. Everything from the splendid breakfast, the view of the ocean from our room, the cleanliness, the care we were shown, was amazing. I used the spa services, and although this was also from a trainee I received one of the best massages of my life. This hotel is a gen. Far from the bustle of the city, yet only 10 minutes from busy Central. Busses are every 5 minutes from the corner and only about USD$1 each way. If you stay here, do try afternoon tea and the traditional Chinese dinner on Friday night.

• Stayed June 2013
7 Thank KKat_NYC
New Delhi
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights with wife and daughter in June2013. I was a little apprehensive about the hotel as it does not carry an established name and I had planned out my trip all on my own and not through any travel agent. So based on the Great reviews on trip advisor I made the bookings.
I was not disappointed at all. From the moment we checked in the hotel to the point of checking out ours was a memorable stay.
The room was large and an extra bed was provided at no extra cost. The room was spotlessly clean with due care taken for 3 guests. Down to providing 3 pairs of Bath slippers.
I had asked for an early check in 1pm, their normal time being 3 pm, which was adjusted. It had a well stocked mini bar, tea coffee maker a study table and all other needs taken care of. 3 bottles of water were provided everyday throughout the stay. Small attention to detail like chocolates everyday in the room was a good gesture. My room overlooked the Sea and the view was awesome.
The Bath had a tub as well as a shower area with quality amenities. A tv was also present in the bath facing the tub. Well lit Bath with space to keep all knick knacks.
The food was excellent. Though the vegetarian will not have too many choices. Buffet Breakfast was included in my package and had everything one could ask, a live egg station, fresh fruits, and continental style breakfast items were on the menu.
Service was quick with the trainee students doing their best under the keen eye of their teachers/staff.
At this point I must mention that it is basically a hotel training institute with the trainee students managing the place under watchful eye of seniors and staff. There could be some language problems but nothing that can't be overcome. The students go out of their way to make you feel welcome and your stay comfortable.
A personal touch which might be missing in known branded hotels.
The location is a little far from the hub of activity but Hong Kong has amazing connectivity and I was able to travel from the first day in the bus taxi and ferry very easily. But that's another review.
I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to family and friends.
Keep up the good work and hope you get more rewards and accolades.

• Stayed June 2013