The T Hotel
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$234
Trip.com
$150
$121
Agoda.com
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
$144
$113
$177
$152
$99
$80
Agoda.com
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
$97
$71
Hotel Direct
  • Restaurant
All reviewstraining hotelpok fu lamthe south china seaan ocean view roomvocational traininghospitality studentsblack kitesturn down serviceoctopus cardchinese mealbucket of iceminute bus riderooms are hugemini bar isstanley marketpublic transportvictoria peak
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We just went to Hong Kong for a quick four day trip and this hotel was more than accommodating and very nice inside. We flew in late at night about 1230am and set up a ride from the hotel for about $100 USD (800HKD). It was great because we didn't have to think about how to get there. (Most cab drivers dont know the hotel so print out the info page from the website. We stayed in a corner suite for a very reasonable price. We were greeted by a awesome suite with fresh fruit and chocolates every night. Breakfast every morning was good and fresh. The only small thing is getting from the hotel to the main side of the island. It is only a 10-15 min cab ride (40HKD) but the trick is finding a cab. We figured out the best was to walk out to the street and flag down a cab. The first day we weren't sure about the process so we asked the concierge, we were kind of in a rush and I think they noticed this as one of the guards grabbed an umbrella and went to flag down a taxi for us and ride it to the front of the hotel. Did I mention it was pouring rain? (Great Service!!) Great security and a great stay. Wish we had more time to spend in the actual room! Dont hesitate to stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for the sea view and a suite if you can! ( Suite was $300USD / Night) This is what you will pay for a basic room at a similar room in town.
3  Thank Fiatstud
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have to agree with all those who recommend this hotel. I didn't ask for but got a room with a harbour view. The hotel is located quite high up on the side of Hong Kong Island, so the view is breathtaking. The rooms are large and five star standard, and are immaculately maintained. The mini bar prices are not the exorbitant prices you get elsewhere.

But the caveats. First, it is out of the way. There's a former infirmary next door for Catholic priests that is now a film school, and the start of a walking track up to the Peak not far away, but apart from that, it's hop on a bus (or in a cab) to take you downtown.

Second, it's a teaching establishment. The students are keen and want to be helpful, but not yet expert in their jobs. People have pointed out that at breakfast, the coffee and tea don't always arrive as asked, and so on. When I was there, no-one seemed to be watching the buffet to if a food item was close to running out, to order some more from the kitchen. What would happen is that (say) the scrambled eggs would run out. Finally, a student would notice or be told by a guest. Then there would be a wait while the student sent word to the kitchen, the kitchen cooked a fresh batch and it was sent out. A much better system would be for a student to be keeping watch when a food item was running low, then notify the kitchen in advance to start cooking. Overall, service was reactive rather than proactive.

Second, there is not the give and take that you get with making up a room that you get in a four or five star hotel. The supervisors seemed keen to get the students making up rooms as early as possible, even while guests were still at breakfast. This happened to me, and I also saw another couple come back from breakfast only to find a team of students making up their room. In the end, I just extended the end of my breakfast with coffee and a newspaper on a lounge while the students set to work.

So those are the caveats. If you can live with them, it's a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Veejay497
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

This is my second time staying at T hotel & it is still great! Hotels are not cheap in Hong Kong & for HK$880 a night without breakfast, where can you find a super clean & spacious hotel with interior fittings of a 4/5 star hotel? The only downside of T hotel is their location, which I feel that taking a bus in Hong Kong is even better than their MTR! Service might be a little slow, but at least the students are sincer & are very willing to go the extra mile to help you! On the day I check out, I need a cab to the airport express station but there was an amber storm warning and there were no cabs at all. The students were so kind to help us flag a cab outside VTC building, so we will not be wet! I will certainly recommend anyone coming to Hong Kong to stay here!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank valtripadv
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I would recommend this hotel anytime. If you are aware that the location is a bit from downtown (although it is no hassle to reach downtown with the local buses or taxis) and that it is indeed a training hotel you cant go wrong staying here. Spotless large rooms with a view to die for and very attentive staff - because of the trainees maybe sometimes too attentive :-) On my birthday the staff even sang for me, so bottom line ... I would surely stay here again!!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with sea view
3  Thank Mutyacha
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We can only support all that has been said before about the quality of service and size as well as quality of the rooms. It is also a very quiet spot. So no worries for those who are sensitive to noise.
We knew it is a training place and found it only fair to spend some time letting the students do their job as they learned it. We found the hotel to be particularly good value for money for tourists who come for a longer period of time or business. The reason is that it is located a bit away from Hong Kong center. So it takes a few days to get accustomed to the local bus service, finding out which line is the fastest to the desired destination and where the stations are located in town (we recommend to use the homepage of citybus http://www.nwstbus.com.hk/ - it is the only one we found to provide all required detail information about the bus lines).
If you are tourists who stay only for a couple of days trying to see a maximum of things in a minimum of time you should consider paying more and book a room nearer to Hong Kong downtown.

2  Thank fkwinter