“Amazing stay!! Fantastic room & service.”
Review of The T Hotel

The T Hotel
Ranked #7 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Amazing stay!! Fantastic room & service.”
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is the secret of hong kong.
You won't find it on any of the booking sites cause its a training facility for junior tourism professionals. You have to send email to res-thotel@vtc.edu.hk to make a reservation.

Room are 5 stars rate with a tv in the bath! And complementary perlins every day :)

It cost us approx 150$ a night.. almost half of a 4 star hotel in center hk.

Only downsize is that its on the other side of hong kong island and you need to take a bus or taxi to get to the intersting parts...

Still...highly recommended! !

2 Thank eyaledri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 17, 2012

First, I have to say thank you to all the previous reviews. Otherwise, I wouldn't have found this hotel.
Many good things have been said about this hotel, and from my experience, it's all true. Brilliant view, spacious room, and excellent services.
What I want to add is the location of the hotel. I personally think the location is excellent, especially for people who want to enjoy southern HK for beaches and hikings. It is close to a walking path directly to the Victoria Peak, which is very pleasant to walk up in a sunny day. The beaches are also close by, with a few bus stops ahead. I visit HK several times a year for business, and prefer this quiet location for personal holidays. Compared to hotels in Causeway Bay, Wan Chai or Mid-levels, it gives me a few night's peace from layers of advertisement boards and noise pollutions.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank sherryfan
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here with my family taking 2 rooms in August 2012, the rooms were first class, breakfast included in the room price was more than adequate and well served, good choice of teas and newspapers, comfortable and very clean. This is a training establishment and everyone tries very hard and perform all the little tasks that they will forget years later but make the difference to guests. Now one of the issues with being a training establishment is that mistakes can be made and with me it was a credit card issue, the hotel has no online booking facility and you have to telephne to make a booking, this I did giving my credit card as a guarantee backing up the all with an email as the language was a barrier to spellng names etc. When I checked in I give my credit card to pay for the rooms and was told sorry it was declined, now this is not that unusual for me as travelling between diverse countres my bank often ers on the side of caution and declines payments, I paid with another card and resolved to call my bank to unblock my card. When the time difference allowed I called my bank who told me my card was not blocked and in fact they had just paid the hotel, now you would think this could be easily sorted, no such luck and it took almost a week for the hotel to sort out the issue and cancel the extra payment.
Now let me tell you the redeeming thing that happened, I ordered a taxi to the hotel to take me to restaurant in Kowloon and to cut a long story short dropped my wallet containg all my credit cards and a substantial amount of cash in the Taxi, only realising I did not have my wallet some hours later but no idea were it was, assuming I had left it in the room, imagine my delight on returning to hotel to find driver had handed it in intact and it was safe with the night manager. Well done to the honesty of the taxi driver and hotel staff, a reward was in order.
Will I return, already tried but hotel was fully booked. Go on treat yourself.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank gerrycullen
West Vancouver, BC
Reviewed September 13, 2012

When planning a 3 day HK stay enroute home to Canada after a meeting in Sydney, the reviews of this place intrigued me so I thought I would give it a try.

Getting to the hotel is easy. Although it is not right in the central district, it isn't far away. I opted for the Airport Express to central, then took a short cab ride to the hotel. I brought along a printoff from the hotel website in case the cab driver didn't know the location, but fortunately he was familiar with it and getting there wasn't an issue for me.

Upon arrival at the lobby, the first swarm of keen, young, well groomed, novice ESL trainees descended, ensuring that I got checked in quickly and to my room. As others have mentioned, the "hotel" is just a couple of floors of a large vocational training institute. When in the lobby or on the hotel floors it is like being in a fine hotel. Occasionally the elevator opened on a lower floor, and I got a glimpse of the inner workings of a chef and hotel training school.

I had requested an ocean view room when booking and this was accommodated. My room, 602, was just down the hall from the lounge/restaurant. The view (towards Lantau Island) was stunning, and the room was appointed with every amenity and gadget imaginable (even a TV and waterproof remote in the tub area!). I enjoyed lying in bed and pressing various buttons on the "mission control" panel, controlling everything from lighting to room temperature to alarm clock. Wifi is free and easy to log on to. The room had a well stocked mini-bar, but in departure from what I have experienced in "real" fine hotels, the prices were very reasonable (e.g., bottle of very drinkable Australian wine for about $11 US).

After checking in, I decided to order room service. Before long there was a knock at my door. I opened the door to a new team of 5 trainees accompanied by their instructor. One of them, a young girl (I came to learn that the trainees are 15-18 years old), was designated to hand over the meal tray and do the talking while the others watched. In a quivering voice and broken English she said, "Good evening, here is your meal. May I put your napkin on your lap? Is there anything else you need?". With a few pointers from the instructor and an urge from him not to be nervous, the team was on their way.

I was just tucking in to my prawn caesar salad (and minibar glass of wine), when there was another knock on the door. You guessed it - yet another instructor/student team. "Good evening", the designated speaker said. "We are here for the turn down service." With my permission, they swarmed in, turning down the bed, providing bedside chocolates and slippers, and readying the shower for morning. "Good night, madam." After this crowd departed, I pressed "do not disturb" on mission control.

Breakfast (buffet style, with omelet station) was served each morning from 730-1030 am. Yet another swarm of trainees attended to business there. Although not a perfect experience (made to order omelet was undercooked one day, half eaten plate was taken away while I was at the buffet another day) any issue was quickly remedied. Just waved my arm and they would come. Breakfast area overlooks the ocean and is very nicely appointed, which added to the experience.

Getting in to town via bus is not a problem as the bus stop is right out front. Be prepared with correct change, or have an octopus card with money on it before you arrive (best solution). I had purchased a special octopus card for MTR and airport express and didn't realize I would have to charge it with funds before use on buses. I found out at the desk that I would have to walk to 7-11 for this. Instructions for getting there weren't the best (they told me cross the street and turn right, they forgot to add "and then turn left up a steep hlll to a shopping center"). Oops. Oh well, I found it eventually and luckily there was a bus depot up there.

Getting back to the hotel from central is a bit trickier as there are about a million bus routes in central. I eventually figured out to search the route on my ipad and do a screen print of where to catch the bus. Once on a bus to Pokfulam Road, get off at Pokfulam Village and cross the street to get back to the hotel.

Be aware, there aren't eating places within walking distance of the hotel. I chose to eat a good lunch when in town, and then had simple picnic fare from a supermarket at night in the room (e.g., cheese, crackers and fruit). Dessert was the "turn down" chocolate assortment of the day. Room service or a meal in the dining room is another option (not overpriced). Menu isn't huge but food is decent. They apparently have a Chinese banquet every Friday. Another option would be to eat in central, but as I was travelling alone I wanted to get back before dark. I have to say, I looked forward to my "picnics" in the tranquility of my luxurious room overlooking the sea, particularly after the hectic pace of Hong Kong.

Checking out, like every other experience at the hotel, was a pleasure. "Madame, did you empty the in room safe? Did you enjoy your stay? Thank you very much for coming." Conversations off script weren't so smooth, but it can't be easy to learn both English and the finer points of hotel service simultaneously.

Would I stay here again? In a heartbeat. I have travelled extensively, and this is one of the most unique and comfortable places I have had occasion to stay at.

Room Tip: Request an ocean view room when booking.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
32 Thank kayteeYVR
Malaysia
Reviewed September 5, 2012

You have to take the public buses to T hotel, Pok Fu Lam. Many buses from central go to pok fu lum. When u are in the bus there is a indicator to show u the next stop. When u reach pok fu lum reservoir , ring the bell, the next stop is pok fu Lum village. Cross the main road in front and the sign lead u to cuisine training school, VTC pokfuklum complex, guards are all there to guide u.
Bus no. 40, 40M, 46x, 970,97o, 973 all go to pokfuklum. I travel mostly by 40m to LAN Kwai Fong, central and return the hotel late at night. No problem, very safe.
Check in is smooth and room is spacious and the view is spectacular. When u r up the peak, u see the same view of the pokfulum side on the peak. I got a gigantic king size bed, soft linen. Fast wifi nice cookies. No tv paid channels , you got to watch live telecast at LAN Kwai fong which is a very short walk by bus.
Octopus card is very useful and travel by bus is the cheapest, no doubt very often u got stuck in the jam. MTR is the fastest but lots of walking to the trains. Best to pay HK350 a day of traveling to cover whole of hong kong by the BIG BUS of HK.

Room Tip: All rooms the same on the sixth floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
11 Thank MGirls
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I recently stayed at the T Hotel when I traveled to Hong Kong for a wedding/vacation. I've traveled extensively but can never ever say I've been given the royal treatment -until now. From the moment I arrived I felt special! Even though I was traveling solo I was given spacious accommodations (bath suite with separate tub and shower, king size bed, turn down service with cookies and chocolates every evening). The view was incredible,the best of both worlds, mountain and ocean views. The breakfast was very good, the staff friendly, reliable and very welcoming. The omelet station chef remembered exactly what I liked and would offer it every morning without my having to ask. When I decided the coffee was too strong the manager came to inquire if anything was wrong and offered me a latte which took care of the rest of the trip's caffeine requirements nicely : ) I went down to the lobby one morning to request a taxi and felt like a rock star, with staff falling over themselves to accommodate me, make me comfortable, keep me updated with the taxi arrival status. I almost had to pinch myself to ensure I was not dreaming!
Some things to note: The hotel is in a quiet location, a little out of the way but makes for a restful, quiet evening. You will have to carry a card with the address for the taxi drivers to ensure you get back, and keep an eye out yourself sometimes for the Chinese Cuisine Cooking School sign so you do not pass the hotel. There is no pool either, which I know is important to some but did not bother me. They have a small gym but it is ample enough, and they also have yoga mats and free weights.
Regrets: That I never had the time to eat there, except for breakfast. I understand the food is quite good. And my only other regret is that the spa was closed. I think that would have made the stay complete perfection!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
11 Thank queenie113
Chicago, IL
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Their service is the best we've ever received & we've been traveling for the past 12 years. Although most of them are students they give you the maximum attention. It's totally true they make you feel like a celebrity here. The concierge dept did an excellent job on helping us plan out our whole day in 30 min, on the contrary from other hotels in china who wasted 3hrs of our time just to reserve a car. This hotel is exceptional & we would definitely recommend it. No complaints here!!

• Stayed August 2012