The T Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Gang Wan Hotel(Hong Kong)
KAZA Wanchai(Hong Kong)
  • Restaurant
Mia Casa Hotel(Hong Kong)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
All reviewstraining hotelpok fu lamthe south china seaan ocean view roomvocational traininghospitality studentsblack kitesturn down serviceoctopus cardchinese mealbucket of iceminute bus riderooms are hugemini bar isstanley marketpublic transportvictoria peak
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I recently stayed at the T Hotel when I traveled to Hong Kong for a wedding/vacation. I've traveled extensively but can never ever say I've been given the royal treatment -until now. From the moment I arrived I felt special! Even though I was traveling solo I was given spacious accommodations (bath suite with separate tub and shower, king size bed, turn down service with cookies and chocolates every evening). The view was incredible,the best of both worlds, mountain and ocean views. The breakfast was very good, the staff friendly, reliable and very welcoming. The omelet station chef remembered exactly what I liked and would offer it every morning without my having to ask. When I decided the coffee was too strong the manager came to inquire if anything was wrong and offered me a latte which took care of the rest of the trip's caffeine requirements nicely : ) I went down to the lobby one morning to request a taxi and felt like a rock star, with staff falling over themselves to accommodate me, make me comfortable, keep me updated with the taxi arrival status. I almost had to pinch myself to ensure I was not dreaming!
Some things to note: The hotel is in a quiet location, a little out of the way but makes for a restful, quiet evening. You will have to carry a card with the address for the taxi drivers to ensure you get back, and keep an eye out yourself sometimes for the Chinese Cuisine Cooking School sign so you do not pass the hotel. There is no pool either, which I know is important to some but did not bother me. They have a small gym but it is ample enough, and they also have yoga mats and free weights.
Regrets: That I never had the time to eat there, except for breakfast. I understand the food is quite good. And my only other regret is that the spa was closed. I think that would have made the stay complete perfection!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
11  Thank queenie113
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Their service is the best we've ever received & we've been traveling for the past 12 years. Although most of them are students they give you the maximum attention. It's totally true they make you feel like a celebrity here. The concierge dept did an excellent job on helping us plan out our whole day in 30 min, on the contrary from other hotels in china who wasted 3hrs of our time just to reserve a car. This hotel is exceptional & we would definitely recommend it. No complaints here!!

• Stayed: August 2012
7  Thank VivMart
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We (my husband, son and I )have just returned to the UK after a 15 night stay at this exceptional hotel. We were visiting our daughter who lives and works in Hong Kong. The hotel comprises the 6th floor of an anonymous office building that is not well known to taxi drivers, so we suggest you print off the address and directions to get you there by cab. Once in the building the standard of decoration, fixtures, fittings and cleanliness are what you would expect from a high end hotel and the standard of service from everyone you meet surpasses any I have come across anywhere. Every staff member and trainee treats all guests like royalty, you will be greeted, doors opened, lifts called and your every request will be dealt with in a genuine desire to help in a kind and friendly manner. The rooms are large, well equipped and furnished. We had an ocean view room, with a glorious view that is shared by the deck alongside the dining room. The mini bar is well stocked and priced like a supermarket. You will have tea and coffee making facilities, an iron and ironing board, bath robes, a good room safe, free quality Wifi, international standard recharging facilities, LCD TV, including a small TV and waterproof remote in the bathroom and the best shower I have ever had in a hotel. Every evening the turn down service will leave slippers, cookies and chocolates, an ice bucket and a bath toy. All for a very reasonable and affordable price - believe me I did my research. The room price includes breakfast, unusual in itself. The breakfast buffet is extensive to suit both European/ American and Asian tastes and the service is impeccable. We ate there on several evenings at a reasonable price and while the menu was limited what we had was very good. If you stay over a Friday evening see if you can secure a table for their speciality banquet. This was held in the beautiful, traditional surroundings on the 8th floor and was a real treat, a set banquet of specialities from a region of China, Szechuan, in our case. Immaculate.
Don't be concerned that the hotel is staffed by trainees, they are very well supervised and their willingness to learn and anxiety to help more than makes up for any nervousness. Also don't be concerned by the hotel's location. There is a bus stop just on the road outside the hotel. Buy an octopus card and experience Hong Kong's cheap and effective public transport system. We used it for ferries, buses, trams and the MTR without a hitch, including at the end of our stay the A10 airport express.

Room Tip: The ocean view was glorious
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
45  Thank Kate K
Reviewed July 23, 2012

So conflicted since I want to keep this amazing hotel to myself, but at the same time, I'm scared that if there aren't enough guests, they'll have to close it because it's operating at a huge loss. Har har.

It's about 60-70 hkd of a taxi ride from Central. We usually bus out to Central and returned by taxi late at night. Easiest way to direct the taxi driver is to just tell them to go to the Chinese Cooking Institution. There's NOTHING around that area, so stock up on food and goodies before heading back to the hotel.

It is amazing! There's a shower and a bath (with a tv and a waterproof remote control), and for poo shy people like me, you can turn the volume up on the television for a little privacy... teehee...

The rooms are huge, and the ocean view is breathtaking, it's essentially the same view as the breakfast terrace (breakfast is inclusive) and there's no extra charge for the rooms with the view. There's an omelette station, some Chinese cuisine, breads/pastries, fruits, cereal and etc. Nothing out of this world, but very satisfying, especially if you're iffy about Chinese food, i suggest you load up at breakfast so you can skip lunch.

Such silly things that made my stay absolutely amazing:

- They give bath toys, and they give one additional one each day, so at the end of our stay (5 days), i have 6 rubber animals along the tub... It cracked me up <3

- They serve you a plate of cookies everyday with a bottle of water. Also, in the cabinet, the coffee, and tea are free.

- The students aim to please, so they're super eager, but they're absolutely terrified of guests who only speak English since their English isn't very good. The look of panic in their eyes is quite amusing, but they try their very best, so have a little patience. (I fortunately can speak Cantonese, but somehow no one understood why and how skim milk is used for when i asked for it instead of cream for my coffee... They thought I wanted an glass of milk to drink... )

Finally, payment can be a bit confusing if you have a credit card that's also a debit card (the norm in Europe). They can only accept pure credit cards, but they were very polite even when problems ensued.

I would give this hotel 6 stars if I could!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
37  Thank TheSmooDiaries
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We staid for a 2 nights in the T hotel. We were extremely impressed with the rooms, the service and the food offered. The rooms were nice and extremely clean and worth a five star. We had dinner while the menu was limited, the food was excellent and in all terms well worth the money.

My children were extremely impressed with the service and enjoyed the break fast buffet. it was very memorable and it is one best hotels I have staid in so far.

Room Tip: Excellent hotel in all aspects
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family