This hotel is more or less the best hotel value in Hong Kong! First of all, the website of the hotel, so you can check it out or even book through it (which is recommended) is http://www.vtc.edu.hk/thotel/index.html. The reason that this hotel is much cheaper than similar others is that the hotel is run/operated by trainees of the Vocational Training College of Hong Kong (always under the supervision of experienced managers) as the whole organization is an educational institution for tourism!
Before i'll give you the hotel facts so you can deside for yourself i'll have to inform you that by saying Hong Kong someone usually means, the whole area, which is the (rather small) island of Hong Kong and the bigger area which is called Kowloon. As you can easily imagine, the properties on the island of Hong Kong are way more expensive than the other ones. So, you have to deside where you want to stay as the hotels in Hong Kong island are expensive (as all of the properties over the island, for example the rent of a 2bedroom appartment costs about 3,500US$ per month) except this one, the T hotel, which has an average cost of 90euros or 120USD per night, including breakfast and an ocean view room ! Absolutely worth it !
The good news about the T hotel are,
* Everything looks (and is) brand new.
*Beatiful reception / entrance. Don't get fooled by the first look, the entrance area is inside the complex and it is very beatiful!
*You will feel very welcome! Always! As the trainees are trying hard to do their best, you'll benefit from that - though sometimes it takes a bit more time (like 5-10mins more) for some standard proccedures like check in etc.
*Safety, as there is 24hours guard for the whole complex and moreover the elevators are working only with card rooms - by the way i felt very safe in hong kong, there wasn't even the need to keep an eye for scams or something..
*Fantastic rooms - exactly as they look in their official site's photos! Big and VERY clean. Workstation with all the types of plugs (!), high speed internet (included / free). Big closets with enough space. Safety Box. Light control for the whole room near the bed.
*VERY good sleep quality as the big bed, the matresses and the linens are high quality! These plus the variety of pillows means the you'll sleep great - which for me is the most important in a hotel.
*Big bathroom with both options (!) a big modern shower and a bathtub. Very good quality and "fluffy" towels.
*Every day room cleaning (sometimes twice a day). Small chocolates that you'll find nearby your bed after that plus two (or sometimes even 3 or 4 ) bottles of water - remember they are trying to do their best.
*Whatever you ask for, after 2 mins there is a smiley trainee in front of your door ready to bring it to you!
* Breakfast with great variety and quality. The view is awesome in the breakfast area!
* Well equiped gym with treadmils and machines.It has towels and it's spacy and new!
The not so good news:
* It's location requires the use of a taxi for the Hong Kong center (10-15mins ride - about 5-7euros / 7-10US$) or a bus (30 mins total for waiting and transportation 1,1euro or 1,5$).
All in all i totally recommend this hotel, you can save much money while enjoying the welcome feeling that you get all the time. Don't forget to get the bus A10 from the airport which will cost you only 4euros/6US$, 45mins ride. I forgot to take the bus (every 30') though it was very easy to go to the bus station and i took a taxi so i paid 430HKD, which is about 40euros or 55US$. Wasn't worth it for this one.
Good luck in whatever you'll choose to do and have a great time in Hong Kong ! :o)
Thanks for reading my review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The T HOTEL is a training concept hotel committed to providing vocational training in the field of hospitality and tourism, while dedicated to delivering a pleasant hospitality experience to our guests.Set among the lush greenery surrounding of Pokfulam, 20 minutes southwest of Hong Kong's city centre with panoramic views of the South China Sea, this 30-room training hotel is situated on the 6th floor of the VTC Pokfulam Complex as part of the Hotel and Tourism Institute, "HTI". Since first introduced our hospitality programmes in 1984, HTI has been the forerunner in the field of hospitality training in Hong Kong. Together with our training spa and training restaurants, The T Hotel forms a vital element of the HTI's ongoing initiative to provide integral vocational training beyond the classroom environment. The T Hotel is operated by trainees under the supervision of experienced professionals from various fields of the hospitality industry.As our trainees deliver this unique brand of hospitality while in return receive world-class vocational training, we look forward to welcoming you to The T Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your The T Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The T Hotel Hong Kong