“Very convenient location”

Ranked #85 of 258 Hong Kong B&B and Inns
Manila, Philippines
“Very convenient location”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My friend and I were supposed to stay in a totally different location, but due to our ignorance we got off at the wrong bus stop. So we roamed around Mirador Mansion, about to lose hope because almost all hostels are fully-booked for 3 straight nights, then we ended up here.

Mr. Bruno was very friendly and accommodating. We arrived way earlier than the check-in time so the room he gave us wasn't cleaned yet. He asked us to stay at the room beside it for the moment. Because we were restless ourselves and couldn't wait for the room to get ready, he gladly offered to watch out for our bags until the room is ready. When we got back in the evening, everything was settled properly. He lent us a universal charger because I forgot to bring one. He also offered discounted prices for major tourist spots in HK.

Overall, the double room was a bit small but we managed (maybe because we're not the type to complain about these things). Air-con worked fine, bathroom okay, Wi-fi available, the television has not much channels but we didn't go to HK to watch TV. The Mirador Mansion, on the other hand, was a different story. It's a bit dirty but tolerable still. Not a big issue.

The location was right at the center of everything. It's very near the MTR station, 7/11, and at the center of shopping scene. There's also a computer shop nearby in case one would need. I did because I had to check emails for work. My friend and I don't mind walking at all, so we just walked to the museums, Avenue of the Stars, even the ferry terminal.

I emailed Mr. Bruno few months after to thank him again (because I had serious HK travel nostalgia that time), and he gladly replied with a thank you as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Paulene L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Thai first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Merryland Guest House is best for what I paid for. I got what I'm expecting. Mr. Bruno is very nice guy and I thank him personally for his best service and guidance during our stay in Hongkong. I am recommending Merryland Guest house. Bruno always giving us good suggestion from our trip to disneyland and ocean park, even transportation going to the airport, especially when you are traveling with a group. My wife and 6 children are well accommodated with the rooms provided for us. Thank you Mr. Bruno once again and I will see you someday.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

What's best with this hostel is the service from the manager bruno who is very accomodating ..He make sure that you'll enjoy not only your stay in the hostel but as well as your stay in hong kong. He gave us discounten tickets to the different tours... thumbs up

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We were supposed to stay in another hostel just beside this. But we arrived at 3:30AM and nobody opened the door for us. Then we met Bruno, the Indian guy incharge of this hostel. He was very friendly, nice and accommodating.He asked us if we have already eaten dinner and he brought us to a nearby McDo and he paid for our food. Bruno was also very helpful and honest, giving honest information to customers. The room itself was small, as can be expected. But all the things you need are there (tissues, shampoo, soap, hot water, etc). The linens and bedsheets were not that clean though. But overall I can say our stay was worthwhile because of Bruno.

• Stayed March 2013
japan
Reviewed December 20, 2012

seven days stay in Hongkong,very nice place,clean,comfortable,free wifi in the room very fast,attached bathroom 24 hours hot-cold shower,free local call,more important i follow always who is care taker really very nice and respectful,friendly.anything i needed he help me with smile.I stay there fully safe,if i come here sure i will be back again here and stay there.also i recommended that if you budget travelor must be come here safe and cheap.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank akiko_yjapan
china
Reviewed December 10, 2012

7th of dececmber 2012 i came here in Hongkong without booking hotel.Ohh in ground floor to everybody only try to more money,single room 650hkd with out bath room in usa hotel,cosmic guest house,also there very bad behave,who are working there,really they don't know how to respect,suddenly i found Indian guy ohh he really help full,friendly,bruno,merryland guest house,mirador mansion,13f/d2.He gave me 280hkd,room is quite small but in room have everything what you need.free wifi,attached bathroom,hot-cold 24 hours shower.free call phone in local.I am really happy to stay here,always come here also if you are bugget guest must be come here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank sayan g
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Was slightly concerned after reading mixed reviews previously. But we took the risk and I'm very happy with it.

You can not expect a big large room for this price. So it would be unfair to complain about that.

It was very clean and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful throughout my stay. What more can I ask for at this price?

Oh and a great shower!