“Thoroughly enjoyable evening out, very good tapas!”

Viva Ana Tapas & Wine Bar
Ranked #6,111 of 8,734 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Hong Kong, China
“Thoroughly enjoyable evening out, very good tapas!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I am not avidly keen on tapas, but Viva Ana did not disappoint at all. We had a really fun evening between 4 of us and got through 16 items on the tapas menu, covering everything from seafood, to meat, to vegetarian items. One of us is particularly fond of tapas and said without doubt that this was the best he has had in Hong Kong.
Wine list by the glass offers a good selection and at reasonable prices. Service staff attentive and knowledgeable.
Definitely an experience to repeat!!

• Visited March 2013

liv0007
“Great Tapas in HK - One of my favourites”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

There are lots of tapas places in HK, and most of them are pretty mediocre - I just wanted to put a good word in for Viva Ana because I have eaten there probably four times now and the food is always great. I am a vegetarian and they have a big tapas selection for me - my favourites are the spanish omelette (AMAZING), the patatas bravas, and the mushrooms. The sangria is really good, as is the service - last time I went there, they had run out of the tapas portions of spanish omelette - but because I love it so much, they made a big one for our table!

Great for a night out with friends, fun and informal atmosphere. Will be back again soon!

• Visited October 2012
Hong Kong, China
“Nice discovery in Wan Chai”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I always walked by this place and whilst I was intrigued, I never really went in. I finally did last week, and I was very pleasantly suprised.

They have a nice atmosphere with the back room looking onto an open space (technically a garden, but in true HK style more cement than trees). The menu is varied with a good mix of fish and meat dishes. For about HK$140 (+service) you get a starter, main, and dessert.

I had the fish with potato gratin, which was very tasty, and the portion was so big (two pan fried fillets) I couldn't finish it, nor could my companion.

They have high chairs only, so if you expect the more classical restaurant layout there weren't any lower seats that I could see.

Definitely will be going back for lunch, and the evening tapas menu tickled my curiousity as well!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank geophilhk
Sydney
“Muy bueno”
Reviewed October 5, 2011

The tapas were completely authentic and were also delicious. The only disappointment were the bacalao croquettes which were mainly mashed potato. The omelette and pollo al ajillo were excellent.The atmosphere was a little lessened by the festooning of red/yellow balloons but a good effort at trying to recreate a relaxed atmosphere. Tapas were very reasonably priced but a glass of wine is very expensive which is normal for this area.

1 Thank MerryMimi
Taguig City, Philippines
“Small resturant - nice food”
Reviewed December 15, 2010

Having opened a few months ago have now been there twice, the resturant is quite small but the food and the service are excellant. Even though small have not had problems getting a table .

One suggestion would be to ask for the board with the daily specials on as i have not been shown this automatically which is a shame as has had some great items on it.

Being a tapas bar i suspose it depends on how much you order but cost me for 2 people just over HKD 500 (without wine or beer)