“Small rooms but good location”

Hello Inn (Hong Kong)
Ranked #11 of 259 Hong Kong B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Small rooms but good location”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed in the room for 3 nights last year. The price is really reasonable, it's almost half the price of hotels in hong kong. Location was really good, just beside tsim sha tsui station. There's a lot of cafe for breakfast nearby. Rooms were cleaned daily and towels are provided. There is hair dryers, books, laptop provided at the corridor.

We opt for the biggest room with windows, but we still find it quite small (hong kong hotels are generally very small as well). The water heater takes quite a while to heat up. if you are a light sleeper, I would not recommended it to you, because you could actually hear the buzzing sound of the streets quite clearly.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Ferlyn H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night as a stopover. The details Ivan had sent were perfect and I took the bus from the Airport, it was cheap and a good view from the bus.
It was easy to find and perfect for what I was looking for. The hostel was close to Victoria Habour and Kowloon Gardens. I would stay here again if I went back to Hong Kong as a lone traveller I felt safe. The MRT station is also right next to the building.
Don't let the building and lack of windows put you off, most of the accomodation in Hong Kong is the same for a reasonable price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Theresa008
Manila
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights, location is an absolute convenience in HK, stayed in large double room with our own private bathroom and a window, size is just right as expected for me and my daughter, 2 bath towels, 2 mugs, 2 hand towels provided. Hello Inn is very secure, you get one pass card used for the main door and your room. Only saw other guests once along the hallway the whole time we stayed there. Free WIFI was FAAAASSSSSTTTTT!!!! :-)

Most important is the service. I must say that Ivan, the Innkeeper, is so helpful, courteous and service-oriented, my daughter even noticed that and appreciates it very much.

We will definitely stay there again on our next trip. Thanks so much Ivan!

Room Tip: Choose the large double room with windows, small price difference.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
12 Thank ElbertDG
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have stayed here for 3 nights and the experience is great. For the amount of price you paid, it is definiitely worth the value. Although it has a very small space area, but it is very cozy and clean. The location is great as well. The MRT station entrance is just beside the building. There are also maps and some guide book in the hostel. There are many hostel around in the whole building and also at the same floor. However,it is easy to locate Hello Inn as it is the only door painted in green with some pictures beside the door. I will chose to stay again if I will to visit Hong Kong in the furture. As the rooms are not a lot, you will need to book many months in advance.

Room Tip: Need to book in advance many months ahead as there are only 5 to 6 rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ygal_12
Jakarta
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I and my friend spent three nights in this inn, two nights in bunk bed room, and 1 night in double bed room. The inn has 6 rooms, and a small common area where we can leave our luggage if we arrive early (before check in time) or if our outbound flight is way after the check out time. There are many maps and information guide about Hong Kong that were left behind in the common area by previous guests that we can use for our own advantage.
Hair dryer is available, but we have to put it back soon in the common area after we finished using it so that other guests can use it.

The rooms and bath rooms are clean albeit a little too small for taller and bigger person (I myself is about 5 ft 5 tall and rather skinny). They also have television although the channels are limited and no cable channel. The mattress is comfortable (it might be considered rather hard for some people, but I myself prefer it that way), with pillow and blanket.

The location is very strategic, close to bus stops and MTR station. Victoria harbour, Avenue of the Stars are in walking distance. It is also close to the mosque if you are moslem and would like to pray in a mosque.

Previous reviews mentioned long queuing time for the elevators, but we did not experience any long queues at the time of our stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank westernville
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

We stayed as a couple in early November 2012. It was easy to arrange the booking by email, which we did many months in advance. We got a bit lost trying to find the place - it's in a huge concrete building several stories high with an open courtyard in the middle. There's no sign identifying the door to Hello Inn, and it's not on the directory. The floor that Hello Inn is a warren of other hostels and apartments. The room is tiny - very tiny. There's only 1 that has a window, and it was already booked, so we went with a windowless room. No wifi, no breakfast - we never saw a single other person the 2 days we were there. But you know what? We weren't in Hong Kong to hang out in our room. We went to HK to see this fantastic city. And the Hello Inn is is a well-located part of Kowloon, giving us time to see many of the sights in both Kowloon as well as HK in just 1 day.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank Heather C
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I believe you can't find anything better than Hello Inn in Hong Kong, this hustle and buzzle city.

The room is really small but hei, this is HK! The room and bathroom is clean and the bed is super-duper comfortable, so as the bedsheets and comforter.
I stayed 4 nights here, 3 nights in bunk-bed room and 1 night in double room. The air-conditional's remote control is not function very well in the VIP double room.
Other than that, Hello Inn is perfect. Thoughtfully equipped with water boiler which you can get hot water 24 hours and there are cold water prepared in fridge although there's no usual water dispenser.

The room power socket is with travel adapter, the most impressive item which I don't find it in other hostel. There are hair dryer, some shampoo, shower gel and toothpaste in common area
(which I believe was left by other traveller) are put into good use. There are HK travel brochure and books in the common area as well, and most important, the free wifi connection in Hello Inn is very fast.

Thanks so much to Ivan for letting us keep our luggage at the common area after check-out as we are on a night flight.

Hello inn is on 6th Floor, not too high and this enable us to choose from going down the mansion by stairs in the morning as the lift is quite pack. (This only happened in morning)
Hello inn is quiet and peaceful, the entrance is with security lock. After a day with crazy walk in HK, we really feel like coming home when we back to our room.

I seldom give out a 5 star, but Hello Inn truly earned it.

Room Tip: For guy traveller, try not to choose bunk-bed room with the 82cm(smaller) upper-bed, it fit just nic...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends