“Good value and tasty food, What more is required?”

Peking Dumpling Wong
Ranked #934 of 8,734 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Chinese
Neighborhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Neighborhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Melbourne, Australia
“Good value and tasty food, What more is required?”
Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

Staff were accommodating on arrival and made useful suggestions. The food was good, tasty and traditional. I would definitely return here for a pleasant local style meal.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Canberra, Australia
“King of dumplings”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We chose "Peking Dumpling Wong" as a result of two previous glowing TA reviews. Gotta agree entirely. On Jaffe Road, its neon sign is clearly visible from the Wan Chai footbridge and the restaurant would be no more than 50m from the A1 MTR exit. We ate both the steamed jiaozi and the fried guotie. Excellent, although I'd stick to the pork - the beef were a bit dodge. We tried the "drunken chicken", a cold dish featuring chicken marinated in chinese wine, which I'm sure was great but just not to our taste. Steamed broccoli and choi sum both with garlic, wonderful. Wonton noodle soup. Tea and beer. Cheap: a family of five stuffed to the gills for less than HGK300. The restaurant is small and cramped, but clean and the staff were kind and tolerant of our three year old. Overall the service was Very good by HK standards.

Wayne, New Jersey
“Good Food Fast and Easy”
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I arrived in HK after a long flight and needed something quick and hearty to settle me down and help adjust to the 12 hour difference. Peking Dumpling was recommended to me by a former resident of HK, so I made a bee line for it after checking in to the Hotel. It was exactly what I needed.
Basic simple good food, helpful staff.

Visited October 2011
Pai, Thailand
“Great Chinese food at affordable prices!”
Reviewed August 14, 2010

Although a trip to Hong Kong will always be somewhat expensive due to the high property (= hotel) prices, there are PLENTY of choices for great Chinese food at affordable prices. One of such places in Peking Dumpling Wong in Wan Chai. A good friend of mine introduced me to this place when we lived in Hong Kong during the hand over. So these guys have been around and after so many years are still cooking up some of the best Chinese in town. I go to this place at least once whenever I am in Hong Kong. Admittedly it has some sentimental value for me, but judging by the fact that it is always crowded when I go I feel I am not the only one who likes this place. The name of the restaurant gives it away that you will get some great Beijing dumplings there. They have a large variety of dunplings with pork, beef, different types of vegetable as well as a mixture of all. A plate of 10 - 12 dumplings will put you back HKD30 - 33. But there is more to Peking Dumpling Wong than that. One of my favorite dishes is the "Mixed shredded chicken with vermicelli" (HKD48), a cold dish that comes with a spectacylar sesame sauce. The sour and spicy soup is yummy as well as "string beans" (sorry, I dont have the latest prices here). Although I have not tried everything on the menu my guess is that you wont be disappointed especially not at the price point. I rated the service and the atmosphere below average, but I think I am being unfair here. The staff is as friendly as you will expect from a Chinese restaurant and probably friendlier. Like most Chinese eateries the turnover is quick. Your food will arrive within 10 minutes and your meal will not last more than 45 minutes. The owners have decorated the restaurant recently, but it is still Chinese "kitsch" (laterns hanging from the ceilings and red plactic table covers). I spent HKD90 for my meal (dumplings, mixed shredded chicken and soy bean milk). If you go with 3 or more people you will be able to share several dishes and the per person prices will likely be lower. Give it a try, I would be surprised if you dont like it.

2 Thank Wonni_in_Pai