My husband and I stayed here for the second half of our week in H.K. The first hotel was paid by work, this was now personal vacation.
All the staff was very helpful, getting checked in was a breeze, helping us get a cab to lunch straight away, replacing the fridge when it wasn't keeping cold, we were very pleased with the level of service at The Butterfly.
We stayed in a deluxe room and had a view up Wellington St. towards the mid-level escalators and it was so fun to look over the neighborhood! The room was cozy but well appointed, we appreciated the fridge being empty so we could stock it with our own snacks. Electrical outlets were smartly placed- an issue with some places! and they had an adapter in the room. The bathroom door isn't the most private, it slides shut and doesn't seal, so there's a small gap between it and the wall but the shower pressure was good.
Location is fabulous. Close to MTR stations, Mid-Levels, very walkable, surrounding neighborhood very fun with lots of hip shops and great restaurants. I'd definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The address says it all. Located on one of Central's liveliest, most historic thoroughfare, mere steps away from Hong Kong finance centre and high-end shopping and entertainment nucleus, Butterfly on Wellington is a magnet for those looking for a classic boutique hotel experience in the heart of it all. From designer boutiques at the Landmark and the ifc, the nightlife of Soho and Lan Kwai Fong to the art and heritage profusion along Hollywood Road and the Central Escalator, everything you need to keep your finger on the big city pulse is right here on your doorstep. To fulfill travellers' need for seamless, connected travel experience, the hotel now offers "4G Pocket WiFi Device" to keep your life in sync! Bring WiFi with you around town and stay in touch with the mobile hotspot (unlimited local data) that instantly connects your devices (up to 5 smartphones, tablets or other wireless portable devices) to the Internet anywhere the coverage is available. Straightforward and effortless - this is how travel should be! Radiating intimate old world charms that captivate the essence of Chinese elegance and complement its historic surrounding, the 80-room hotel combine contemporary décor with branded amenities, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour front desk and sophisticated technology to create a perfect environment dedicated to both leisure and business travellers. Think device friendly docking station, or even a free smartphone, offering unlimited local calls and 3G data, a city guide as well as all sorts of interesting info and features. Given all the helpful tools, getting to know the neighbourhood's diverse fabric of life is easy! But before you step outside, be sure to consult our 'Local Ambassadors" who might just have a story or two for you. How well connected are we? - 8-minute walk to the Central MTR subway station. -10-minute taxi ride to the Airport Express Hong Kong Station for direct train connection to Hong Kong International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Butterfly on Wellington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Butterfly On Wellington Hotel Hong Kong
- Butterfly On Wellington Hong Kong