Last week, I went down to Hong Kong and stayed at the "Butterfly on Wellington". I must say that's my very first time there. Despite their sub-5 star price, their level of service is on a par with what you'd normally expect from a 5-star hotel. In particular, I'm very much impressed by the speed of their response.
The location, which is within walking distance from the commercial hub of the city, is unparalled. You can get to the central district such as IFC, Landmark Tower, HSBC Building etc. in 10 minutes and to the nearest subway station in 6 - 7 minutes on foot. There are plenty of eateries catering for a great variety of cuisines around. To name a few, the Hong Kong Yung Kee Restaurant, serving the world famous roast gooses, is only 500 meters apart. If you want to find a place to kill time in the evening, Lan Kwai Fong, which is also within the 500 meters radius of Butterfly, will be a perfect answer.
On the last day of my trip, I spent 8 minutes again on foot using the covered walkway and checked in my baggage at the IFC City Check-in Centre in the morning though my flight scheduled for departure in the late evening. After check-in, the rest is fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The address says it all. Located on one of Central's liveliest, most historic thoroughfare, mere steps away from Hong Kong finance centre and high-end shopping and entertainment nucleus, Butterfly on Wellington is a magnet for those looking for a classic boutique hotel experience in the heart of it all. From designer boutiques at the Landmark and the ifc, the nightlife of Soho and Lan Kwai Fong to the art and heritage profusion along Hollywood Road and the Central Escalator, everything you need to keep your finger on the big city pulse is right here on your doorstep. To fulfill travellers' need for seamless, connected travel experience, the hotel now offers "4G Pocket WiFi Device" to keep your life in sync! Bring WiFi with you around town and stay in touch with the mobile hotspot (unlimited local data) that instantly connects your devices (up to 5 smartphones, tablets or other wireless portable devices) to the Internet anywhere the coverage is available. Straightforward and effortless - this is how travel should be! Radiating intimate old world charms that captivate the essence of Chinese elegance and complement its historic surrounding, the 80-room hotel combine contemporary décor with branded amenities, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour front desk and sophisticated technology to create a perfect environment dedicated to both leisure and business travellers. Think device friendly docking station, or even a free smartphone, offering unlimited local calls and 3G data, a city guide as well as all sorts of interesting info and features. Given all the helpful tools, getting to know the neighbourhood's diverse fabric of life is easy! But before you step outside, be sure to consult our 'Local Ambassadors" who might just have a story or two for you. How well connected are we? - 8-minute walk to the Central MTR subway station. -10-minute taxi ride to the Airport Express Hong Kong Station for direct train connection to Hong Kong International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Butterfly on Wellington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Butterfly On Wellington Hotel Hong Kong
- Butterfly On Wellington Hong Kong