My husband and I stayed in this hotel last June and loved its central location. A party and shopping place. Lan Kwai Fong, restaurants - from small hole in a wall type to fine dining, and shopping are literaly steps away. The footbridge that will lead you to the IFC and Star Ferry is right next door. Central MRT station is a five minute walk. Any place is accessible because of its proximity to the MTR. The hotel is across fruit stands and surrounded by small establishments and restaurants. Quite busy during the day. Can be scrungy at night with the garbage bags lining the streets but quite safe.
We found the room and bathroom tight. Level of cleaniness was inconsistent, depending on the day’s housekeeping staff. The sheets were a little worn and with a bit of stain. There is no breakfast outlet within this boutique hotel. You have to walk out of the hotel and although there are many cafes around, it is a hassle to go out just to eat breakfast. No coffee maker in the room, so you have to live with the instant coffee packets or tea bags. It was always raining during our stay and there was not enough umbrellas for the complimentary use of the guests.
Staff was very helpful. Our concierge helped us roll our luggages till the IFC where we caught the Airport Express. It was faster to do this than wait for a cab and take the cab to the IFC.
Our conclusion: because of the excellent location we are willing to come back here but get a room on the Executive floor where the rooms are bigger. We have to go to Little Mermaid bakery of City Super at the IFC to buy their yummy breads and goodies for breakfast the next day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The address says it all. Located on one of Central's liveliest, most historic thoroughfare, mere steps away from Hong Kong finance centre and high-end shopping and entertainment nucleus, Butterfly on Wellington is a magnet for those looking for a classic boutique hotel experience in the heart of it all. From designer boutiques at the Landmark and the ifc, the nightlife of Soho and Lan Kwai Fong to the art and heritage profusion along Hollywood Road and the Central Escalator, everything you need to keep your finger on the big city pulse is right here on your doorstep. To fulfill travellers' need for seamless, connected travel experience, the hotel now offers "4G Pocket WiFi Device" to keep your life in sync! Bring WiFi with you around town and stay in touch with the mobile hotspot (unlimited local data) that instantly connects your devices (up to 5 smartphones, tablets or other wireless portable devices) to the Internet anywhere the coverage is available. Straightforward and effortless - this is how travel should be! Radiating intimate old world charms that captivate the essence of Chinese elegance and complement its historic surrounding, the 80-room hotel combine contemporary décor with branded amenities, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour front desk and sophisticated technology to create a perfect environment dedicated to both leisure and business travellers. Think device friendly docking station, or even a free smartphone, offering unlimited local calls and 3G data, a city guide as well as all sorts of interesting info and features. Given all the helpful tools, getting to know the neighbourhood's diverse fabric of life is easy! But before you step outside, be sure to consult our 'Local Ambassadors" who might just have a story or two for you. How well connected are we? - 8-minute walk to the Central MTR subway station. -10-minute taxi ride to the Airport Express Hong Kong Station for direct train connection to Hong Kong International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Butterfly on Wellington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Butterfly On Wellington Hotel Hong Kong
- Butterfly On Wellington Hong Kong