If you're a foodie going to HK to look for great eats, this hotel is a perfect location, surrounded by all the really good restaurants and food stalls. You can come back tired from a full day of walking around the city and just walk 2 min from the hotel to get to find a great eatery.
The rooms are nice - a little small but its HK so I guess thats average. That said, the beds are amazingly comfortable - I think they use Sealy mattresses so I slept very well. The toilet is also very clean and well done I loved the shower its nice and strong not like some weak water pressure you get in some hotels. My only disappointment is that their television has extremely limited channels - they don't have the good cable channels like AXN and Starworld etc which may not be a big deal for some but I quite like to just chill with the TV at night before I sleep so it was sad not to have anything entertaining to watch at night.
The location while good for food, I wouldn't recommend it if you're there for shopping because Welington st is very narrow and you have to climb quite steep steps to get up there so its really quite a bother after a long day and you're tired and have tons of shopping bags to lug. The hotel also is not on the route of the free Airport shuttle service which makes getting to and from the airport a bit of a pain.
All in all a good experience. its a nice place but if you're an avid shopper I'd go with something in Kowloon which is alot nearer the MTR.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The address says it all. Located on one of Central's liveliest, most historic thoroughfare, mere steps away from Hong Kong finance centre and high-end shopping and entertainment nucleus, Butterfly on Wellington is a magnet for those looking for a classic boutique hotel experience in the heart of it all. From designer boutiques at the Landmark and the ifc, the nightlife of Soho and Lan Kwai Fong to the art and heritage profusion along Hollywood Road and the Central Escalator, everything you need to keep your finger on the big city pulse is right here on your doorstep. To fulfill travellers' need for seamless, connected travel experience, the hotel now offers "4G Pocket WiFi Device" to keep your life in sync! Bring WiFi with you around town and stay in touch with the mobile hotspot (unlimited local data) that instantly connects your devices (up to 5 smartphones, tablets or other wireless portable devices) to the Internet anywhere the coverage is available. Straightforward and effortless - this is how travel should be! Radiating intimate old world charms that captivate the essence of Chinese elegance and complement its historic surrounding, the 80-room hotel combine contemporary décor with branded amenities, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour front desk and sophisticated technology to create a perfect environment dedicated to both leisure and business travellers. Think device friendly docking station, or even a free smartphone, offering unlimited local calls and 3G data, a city guide as well as all sorts of interesting info and features. Given all the helpful tools, getting to know the neighbourhood's diverse fabric of life is easy! But before you step outside, be sure to consult our 'Local Ambassadors" who might just have a story or two for you. How well connected are we? - 8-minute walk to the Central MTR subway station. -10-minute taxi ride to the Airport Express Hong Kong Station for direct train connection to Hong Kong International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Butterfly on Wellington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Butterfly On Wellington Hotel Hong Kong
- Butterfly On Wellington Hong Kong