At first, was difficult to find as I arrived in the evening via the Airport Express. Walked from HK Station to the area as it looked quite near on the map. It was just a few blocks (around 15 minutes' walk) but I didn't see the street signs and so I walked further than where the hotel is. Once I found the hotel, everything went smoothly. Location is quite good on a narrow and busy street. No breakfast in the hotel but plenty of eating places around like Pizza Express, Pacific Coffee Co., and other decent Chinese eateries. Had three 7-11s within 1 or 2 minutes' walk. In front is a public market from which you can buy fruits. Adjacent is a Japanese handy store. 2 minutes away is access to the mid-level escalators, from where you can go to places like Soho and the mid-levels. 2 blocks away is Queen's Road Central and another block further, Des Voeux Road from which you can take all sorts of buses and trams. Location is quite the best in Central for a mid-range budget.
Lighting and interior design quite good. Room a good size for HK and very clean and quite new. Bed so very comfortable! I didn't want to get up from bed. Toilet partition is of glass so can be quite awkward if sharing room with somebody. Otherwise, perfect set-up for a solo traveler like me. Water pressure very good. Toiletries average. Had a small refrigerator and an electric kettle for coffee and tea. Cabinets have an Asian touch which I like. LCD TV available but I never watched tv. I stayed on the 2nd floor and room noise wasn't a problem. Elevators quite fast and you need your card for access so was extra secure. Very comfortable stay and I would definitely want to return if I have business in the area.
On the way back, it took 23HDK on a taxi to the HK Station for the airport express. Can walk to most everywhere from here. Speedy check-in and out. Cleaning ladies never bothered me when I put out a Do Not Disturb sign.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The address says it all. Located on one of Central's liveliest, most historic thoroughfare, mere steps away from Hong Kong finance centre and high-end shopping and entertainment nucleus, Butterfly on Wellington is a magnet for those looking for a classic boutique hotel experience in the heart of it all. From designer boutiques at the Landmark and the ifc, the nightlife of Soho and Lan Kwai Fong to the art and heritage profusion along Hollywood Road and the Central Escalator, everything you need to keep your finger on the big city pulse is right here on your doorstep. To fulfill travellers' need for seamless, connected travel experience, the hotel now offers "4G Pocket WiFi Device" to keep your life in sync! Bring WiFi with you around town and stay in touch with the mobile hotspot (unlimited local data) that instantly connects your devices (up to 5 smartphones, tablets or other wireless portable devices) to the Internet anywhere the coverage is available. Straightforward and effortless - this is how travel should be! Radiating intimate old world charms that captivate the essence of Chinese elegance and complement its historic surrounding, the 80-room hotel combine contemporary décor with branded amenities, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour front desk and sophisticated technology to create a perfect environment dedicated to both leisure and business travellers. Think device friendly docking station, or even a free smartphone, offering unlimited local calls and 3G data, a city guide as well as all sorts of interesting info and features. Given all the helpful tools, getting to know the neighbourhood's diverse fabric of life is easy! But before you step outside, be sure to consult our 'Local Ambassadors" who might just have a story or two for you. How well connected are we? - 8-minute walk to the Central MTR subway station. -10-minute taxi ride to the Airport Express Hong Kong Station for direct train connection to Hong Kong International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Butterfly on Wellington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Butterfly On Wellington Hotel Hong Kong
- Butterfly On Wellington Hong Kong