My friend and I stayed for 3 nights, and had a wonderful stay! The Central District is where you want to be for its proximity to the Star Ferry and the ferry to Macau, both of which we utilized. The underground is close by as well, which allowed us to visit the Big Buddha, New Territories, and Stanley. I would highly recommend staying on a high floor. The rooms are clean and spacious for Asia. The service was so attentive and wonderful, such that the hotel quickly became our home away from home in HK. I would highly recommend b/c you will adore the staff who will make sure that your stay is every bit as pleasant as you want it to be when you're traveling.
The positive reviews here are solid. You will not regret staying here should you need a couple days in HK and a reliable base from which to explore the surrounding parts. You WILL be treated like an old friend, and who doesn't need friends in far-flung places? Enjoy -- we certainly did!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The address says it all. Located on one of Central's liveliest, most historic thoroughfare, mere steps away from Hong Kong finance centre and high-end shopping and entertainment nucleus, Butterfly on Wellington is a magnet for those looking for a classic boutique hotel experience in the heart of it all. From designer boutiques at the Landmark and the ifc, the nightlife of Soho and Lan Kwai Fong to the art and heritage profusion along Hollywood Road and the Central Escalator, everything you need to keep your finger on the big city pulse is right here on your doorstep. To fulfill travellers' need for seamless, connected travel experience, the hotel now offers "4G Pocket WiFi Device" to keep your life in sync! Bring WiFi with you around town and stay in touch with the mobile hotspot (unlimited local data) that instantly connects your devices (up to 5 smartphones, tablets or other wireless portable devices) to the Internet anywhere the coverage is available. Straightforward and effortless - this is how travel should be! Radiating intimate old world charms that captivate the essence of Chinese elegance and complement its historic surrounding, the 80-room hotel combine contemporary décor with branded amenities, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour front desk and sophisticated technology to create a perfect environment dedicated to both leisure and business travellers. Think device friendly docking station, or even a free smartphone, offering unlimited local calls and 3G data, a city guide as well as all sorts of interesting info and features. Given all the helpful tools, getting to know the neighbourhood's diverse fabric of life is easy! But before you step outside, be sure to consult our 'Local Ambassadors" who might just have a story or two for you. How well connected are we? - 8-minute walk to the Central MTR subway station. -10-minute taxi ride to the Airport Express Hong Kong Station for direct train connection to Hong Kong International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Butterfly on Wellington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Butterfly On Wellington Hotel Hong Kong
- Butterfly On Wellington Hong Kong