Butterfly on Wellington was a pleasant surprise, you would never imagine to find such a well designed and furnished hotel in the middle of the crowded roads and markets of Central Hong Kong.
Location is excellent: few minutes from the tram/metro lines, right in the SOHO/KFL district, many bars and restaurants close by.
During the daytime the roads below are jammed with merchants selling everything from veggy to electronics.
At night you just need to turn the corner to find yourself on the stairway to hell! :)
Hotel is new and very clean. We had a beautiful angel room on the fourth floor facing the remains of a historic HGK building on one side and an old ladies balcony/open kitchen on the other! it was crazy we loved it was like being in a postcard.
Service is fine. Yes there is no breakfast but if you ask reception they will send you to a nice bakery 50m down the road that makes great coffee and pastries. Also there is a Mc Cafe literally down the hill on Queens Rd.
Yes maybe you can get more/better amenities in other hotels down in Causeway Bay area but you would miss out on the pleasure of not needing a taxi during your entire stay :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The address says it all. Located on one of Central's liveliest, most historic thoroughfare, mere steps away from Hong Kong finance centre and high-end shopping and entertainment nucleus, Butterfly on Wellington is a magnet for those looking for a classic boutique hotel experience in the heart of it all. From designer boutiques at the Landmark and the ifc, the nightlife of Soho and Lan Kwai Fong to the art and heritage profusion along Hollywood Road and the Central Escalator, everything you need to keep your finger on the big city pulse is right here on your doorstep. To fulfill travellers' need for seamless, connected travel experience, the hotel now offers "4G Pocket WiFi Device" to keep your life in sync! Bring WiFi with you around town and stay in touch with the mobile hotspot (unlimited local data) that instantly connects your devices (up to 5 smartphones, tablets or other wireless portable devices) to the Internet anywhere the coverage is available. Straightforward and effortless - this is how travel should be! Radiating intimate old world charms that captivate the essence of Chinese elegance and complement its historic surrounding, the 80-room hotel combine contemporary décor with branded amenities, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour front desk and sophisticated technology to create a perfect environment dedicated to both leisure and business travellers. Think device friendly docking station, or even a free smartphone, offering unlimited local calls and 3G data, a city guide as well as all sorts of interesting info and features. Given all the helpful tools, getting to know the neighbourhood's diverse fabric of life is easy! But before you step outside, be sure to consult our 'Local Ambassadors" who might just have a story or two for you. How well connected are we? - 8-minute walk to the Central MTR subway station. -10-minute taxi ride to the Airport Express Hong Kong Station for direct train connection to Hong Kong International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Butterfly on Wellington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Butterfly On Wellington Hotel Hong Kong
- Butterfly On Wellington Hong Kong