I have stayed in Butterfly on Wellington twice in the past year. At the outset, I have to say that this hotel just has rooms and then a reception area (with computers) - it doesn't offer breakfast or have a leisure suite or other facilities. But it is a very clean, very modern lovely boutique hotel with an enviable location on Hong Kong Island. We stayed in executive rooms to get extra space and found the rooms to be extremely comfortable. From an aesthetic point of view, the rooms are great, the beds are lovely, the tv is flatscreen, there's a nespresso machine in every room as well as kettle and tea, a fridge, safe, lots of closet space and the bathrooms are equally lovely - with big showers, earthenware sinks, very modern.
The staff are brilliant, very helpful, showed me how to use the Nespresso machine, fixed our safe when we accidentally locked ourselves out of it, and willing to do housekeeping whatever the hour. Best of all about this hotel is the location. It's 2 mins walk from the famous Mid Levels Escalator, it's 5 mins from the IFC and the ferry piers, it's 5 mins from famous Lan Kwai Fong and all the bars and action and right in the heart of the shopping district. Likewise loads of lovely restaurants and cafes nearby so plenty of places to get breakfast and eat throughout the day.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone doing business in Hong Kong or just staying a few days to do some shopping or sightseeing, if you don't need a pool or a gym, then this is an excellent choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The address says it all. Located on one of Central's liveliest, most historic thoroughfare, mere steps away from Hong Kong finance centre and high-end shopping and entertainment nucleus, Butterfly on Wellington is a magnet for those looking for a classic boutique hotel experience in the heart of it all. From designer boutiques at the Landmark and the ifc, the nightlife of Soho and Lan Kwai Fong to the art and heritage profusion along Hollywood Road and the Central Escalator, everything you need to keep your finger on the big city pulse is right here on your doorstep. To fulfill travellers' need for seamless, connected travel experience, the hotel now offers "4G Pocket WiFi Device" to keep your life in sync! Bring WiFi with you around town and stay in touch with the mobile hotspot (unlimited local data) that instantly connects your devices (up to 5 smartphones, tablets or other wireless portable devices) to the Internet anywhere the coverage is available. Straightforward and effortless - this is how travel should be! Radiating intimate old world charms that captivate the essence of Chinese elegance and complement its historic surrounding, the 80-room hotel combine contemporary décor with branded amenities, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour front desk and sophisticated technology to create a perfect environment dedicated to both leisure and business travellers. Think device friendly docking station, or even a free smartphone, offering unlimited local calls and 3G data, a city guide as well as all sorts of interesting info and features. Given all the helpful tools, getting to know the neighbourhood's diverse fabric of life is easy! But before you step outside, be sure to consult our 'Local Ambassadors" who might just have a story or two for you. How well connected are we? - 8-minute walk to the Central MTR subway station. -10-minute taxi ride to the Airport Express Hong Kong Station for direct train connection to Hong Kong International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Butterfly on Wellington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Butterfly On Wellington Hotel Hong Kong
- Butterfly On Wellington Hong Kong