If location is your primary concern, this hotel should be on your short list. It's less than a block away from the mid-levels, meaning it's walking distance to Central / Hong Kong Station / IFC Mall and LKF (which, if you’re a tourist like me, are some key areas)... I'd say around a 6-8 minute walk from the Airport Express (HK) station to the hotel entrance? Granted, the immediate around the hotel seemed a bit dingy, but it never felt unsafe and looked like it was in the first stages of gentrification (for better or worse).
Lobby staff was friendly, efficient, and had some particularly great suggestions for eating like a local. The staff working the street-level entrance always took time to say hi and open the doors.
The room looked and felt new, if not a bit worn, and was decked out with all kinds of useful gadgets. There was a questionable-looking residue on the tiling under the toilet, which was made to look even more unflattering considering the tiles were black. Cleanliness is a big issue for me, and with this in consideration I give the bathroom a barely passing score.
I imagine this property is one of the better choices in the area for the under 1000 HKD price range… but while I would consider staying here again in the future, I'll probably try something else before coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The address says it all. Located on one of Central's liveliest, most historic thoroughfare, mere steps away from Hong Kong finance centre and high-end shopping and entertainment nucleus, Butterfly on Wellington is a magnet for those looking for a classic boutique hotel experience in the heart of it all. From designer boutiques at the Landmark and the ifc, the nightlife of Soho and Lan Kwai Fong to the art and heritage profusion along Hollywood Road and the Central Escalator, everything you need to keep your finger on the big city pulse is right here on your doorstep. To fulfill travellers' need for seamless, connected travel experience, the hotel now offers "4G Pocket WiFi Device" to keep your life in sync! Bring WiFi with you around town and stay in touch with the mobile hotspot (unlimited local data) that instantly connects your devices (up to 5 smartphones, tablets or other wireless portable devices) to the Internet anywhere the coverage is available. Straightforward and effortless - this is how travel should be! Radiating intimate old world charms that captivate the essence of Chinese elegance and complement its historic surrounding, the 80-room hotel combine contemporary décor with branded amenities, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour front desk and sophisticated technology to create a perfect environment dedicated to both leisure and business travellers. Think device friendly docking station, or even a free smartphone, offering unlimited local calls and 3G data, a city guide as well as all sorts of interesting info and features. Given all the helpful tools, getting to know the neighbourhood's diverse fabric of life is easy! But before you step outside, be sure to consult our 'Local Ambassadors" who might just have a story or two for you. How well connected are we? - 8-minute walk to the Central MTR subway station. -10-minute taxi ride to the Airport Express Hong Kong Station for direct train connection to Hong Kong International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Butterfly on Wellington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Butterfly On Wellington Hotel Hong Kong
- Butterfly On Wellington Hong Kong