“Great Service!”

Kitchen (W Hotel Hong Kong)
Ranked #49 of 7,917 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: West Kowloon
Description: A modern bistro featuring sensational buffets as well as international and pan-Asian à la carte delights, with views of live dazzling food preparation on one side and the Hong Kong harbour panorama on the other is how we define KITCHEN.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Service!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

My husband and I like staycations in weekends. We usually have all our meals at the hotel restaurants. W is our favorite hotel because rooms are nice, both Kitchen and Sing Yin offer supreme service. Breakfast buffet at Kitchen is stunning. A wide variety with healthy and fresh ingredients. The only improvement needed is the hot dishes can be kept in a higher temperature. Dinner buffet worth every dime though the lobster can be more tender. Grill lamb rack, scallops, lobster bisque, Hailan chicken, W burger, terriyaki salmon/cod in the a la cart menu are excellent. Must try and you would be a frequent guest too!

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
“Wow wow Wow & more WOW”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I went to Kitchen for lunch with some friends to celebrate my birthday and I was blown away. You walk into this "open" Kitchen concept where there are so many different types of foods to select from. If you're feeling for dim sum, there is a dim sum station. Right next to the dim sum section there are beautifully designed sushi and sashimis. My favorite part was the cold cuts area. Smoked salmon & the salami were excellent and I didn't refrain myself from trying the different homemade breads either. In the hot section, you have a choice between soups, duck, chicken, pork, yummy tender beef, potatoes, fried rice, pastas etc. There is even a section where the chef slices beef & pork tenderloins for you along with many different sauces to add. As if that's not enough, you even have an area to make your own salads and the Chefs walk around giving tips on what to eat or try etc.The best part hasn't even began..you then turn around and there is a whole other section of just desserts. Fresh fruits, homemade bread puddings, cheesecake, chocolate cake, cupcakes & even mini ice creams. I had a cake brought out to me saying Happy Birthday with my name written on it and this was just the perfect touch. Personalization at its finest. Kudos to Kitchen and to the W Hong Kong for wowing my friends and I. We will be back!

Hong Kong, China
“Mediocre food & service for a fortune and noisy environment”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We came here by car as the website advertised they had parking spaces. First thing that happened to us was that they sent us away from the W main entrance saying that there were no parking spaces for the W, we had to park in the shopping mall and walk quite a far way to get to the W. Of course when we asked for complimentary parking in the end, they told us it was only for the parking spaces at the W, which we were told didn't exist! So we didn't get complimentary parking. Well, that was the first downer.
Re. the noise level. When we stepped into the place there was loud music and people who shouted even louder to drown out the music. It was like a day disco rather than a classy buffet.
Re. the food. Agree, the buffet looks impressive at first sight, but we were quite sobered by the first bite into the lobster which was basically hard boiled and had no flavor at all. The different kinds of salmon were over-spiced, the hamburgers with foie gras dry as they could be, the beef ribeye tough as shoe leather. The only thing that tasted ok were the oysters. The dessert buffet's choice was pretty limited with some chocolate mousse, small pastries and dragon fruits and apples.
Re. the service. The waiters seemed toally untrained and didn't care about you if they were not assigned to your table. I ordered tea with one of the "unassigned" waiters and of course it never came. Other orders at times took ages to arrive.
Then came the check. HKD 748 + taxes for those with free flow champagne and HKD 638 + taxes for those who didn't. Ok, admittedly, if you stacked some 40 oysters as one of our acquaintances did and refilled your champagne glass 10-12 times it may have been worth the money, but that is not what I go to a buffet for. It definitely didn't pay off for me.
You get much more worth for that kind of money at e.g. Zuma in Landmark, where you have the much better food quality at some HKD 500.
Definitely not a place I'll go again.

1 Thank Swissbanana
DirectorBandF, Director of Beverage and Food at Kitchen (W Hotel Hong Kong), responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Swissabroad76,

Thank you for your comments about Kitchen restaurant on Trip Advisor.

I am disappointed you did not enjoy our brunch experience. Based on your review - our failure to deliver the very basic expected service standards - you have every right to question the veracity of Kitchen's hard-earned reputation in Hong Kong. It appears on this occasion we have missed some of our basic standards and I apologize for this. I would like to personally assure you the experience brought to light in your feedback, is not representative of the level of service and quality the team at W Hong Kong prides itself on delivering. I have addressed the matter with the team and I can assure you action has been taken to prevent other guests being subjected to the same in the future.

I would like to redeem your faith in us and believe if you contact me on ww.hk@whotels.com the arrangements I would like to make for you may be enough to restore your confidence in us and the W brand itself.

Thank you, for taking the time to bring your experience to our attention. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you to W Hong Kong and its restaurants again in the future, giving us the opportunity to show you our true colors.
Singapore, Singapore
1,073 restaurant reviews
“Brilliant breakfast and Average a la carte dinner”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

So my experience here is mixed, depending whether i was here for breakfast or a la carte dinner

For breakfast, i echo everyone's good reviews here - great spread of international food, presented in the stylish W way. Moreever, you have the usual fare kicked up a notch, like foie gras porridge, salted caramel cupcakes etc.

Service was also good, usually with the staff being attentive, and a manager roving around checking with you if things are ok

It's also not terribly crowded, so you can some breathing space, and enjoy the experience

Dinner however is a different story, especially for a solo business hotel guest. The dinner buffet is apparently quite popuiar, and some of the good reviews here have mentioned that, so the restaurant is crowded, way more people than at breakfast as you have a lot of non-hotel guests coming to eat

So i made my reservation immediately after i checked-in, and it was 1 hour before the dinner. I arrived and was given a table close to the entrance,and in the middle of the space, surrounded by many tables of chatty buffet groups. For a solo business hotel guest, this is quite disconcerting indeed, We prefer some peace and quiet, and even at a buffet restaurant, a side or corner table would be much better

And worse, the food was very good either, for the high price. Yes, it's quite stylish, but given the ambience, or lack thereof, it's just not worth it

5 stars for breakfast, 3 stars for a la carte solo dinner

Chicago, Illinois
“Best breakfast in the world!”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I have seen dozens of different breakfast set up around the globe, the W Kitchen b'fast is the best...its high on style and choices and what a cool view looking out at the shipping end of Victoria Harbor..! A must do, worth every penny!

Visited January 2014