“Best Indian food I have ever eaten!”
Review of himalaya

himalaya
Ranked #585 of 9,957 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Nepali
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Description: +852 2527 5899
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We came upon this little upstairs restaurant while wandering the streets of Hong Kong in the summer of 2010. You have to go upstairs and we were a bit skeptical at first because it didn't seem like there were many patrons. It did start to fill up shortly after we arrived though.The atmosphere also isn't the greatest. It sort of feels as if you are in an elderly person's dining room.
There were so many menu choices as it is Indian and Nepalese food, but we stuck to our regular dishes- Channa Masala and Palaak Paneer. We ate every single bite because it was so delicious! The naan was also very good- soft and crispy bits- so good! I will say honestly that this is one of the best meals I have ever eaten. I will be back if I am ever in Hong Kong again!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stumbled across this place on a Saturday afternoon and were very glad to have given it a try. The lamb kebabs were stellar and the momos were good (not as good as those of the Deerhorn in Mui Wo but still...)

The service was efficient but beware of the air conditioner - it was freezing in there and we asked for the aircon closest to us to be turned off.

I would go back just for the lamb kebab but the other things on the menu were very good too.

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

One of Hong Kong's better Indian/Nepalese restaurants. The staff are courteous, the food is fresh and well prepared, the premises are clean, the prices are reasonable. What else would one want? I've been there many times.

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

One of the best restaurants for Indian food in HK. The Nepalese food is awesome too. Nothing fancy but great value for money and a cheaper alternative than the Pawn for a decent meal and night out.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

I've been to Nepal several times. I love the food, which seems to draw from North India and Tibet, with it's own special character. The restaurant is on the second floor above the Woo Cheong Pawn Shop on Tai Wong Street in East Wanchai. It's busy, but the tables turn and it's worth any wait. The staff is very friendly.
We loved the mo mo's, but the chili chicken was our favorite. The spices are not adjusted for western/European taste, which is a good thing. The restaurant serves beer...including Gorkha Beer from Nepal, wine and hard liquor. The price was quite reasonable.
I've added Himalaya to the list of restaurants I'll visit when in Hong Kong.