“Pass unless service improves....”

BLT Steak (Ocean Terminal)
Ranked #389 of 10,389 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: BLT Steak opened in New York City in 2004 as a revolutionary modern American Steakhouse by celebrity chef, Laurent Tourondel and is now in Hong Kong. An extensive range of the best prime steaks available from US and Australia are complemented by an array of custom designed entrees, appetizers, salads, poultry, fish and shellfish, all with classic vegetable side dishes. Desserts of American classics and French specialties are a feature. BLT Steak offers endless beverage options as well, including a creative selection of wines, many available by the glass. All day dining from 11.00Am to 11.00 Pm, later on weekends and public holidays. Weekend Brunch Buffet Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays. Perfect for weddings, parties and private events.
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We did not even dine at the restaurant due to the surly hostess. We showed up a few minutes early for our reservation to find an empty restaurant although a few of the outside tables were occupied. After some confusion, they found our reservation and proceeded to lead us to a table adjacent to the kitchen and a disheveled service area. I told the hostess that this was unacceptable and requested another table - politely I might add. She rolled her eyes and walked back to the podium. Upon returning she said that was the best she could do. When I stated that the restaurant was empty she simply shrugged her shoulders and said "do you want the table or not?" I replied we did not and walked out. Note I have had excellent experiences at BLT Steak and BLT Market in New York. Clearly service is the issue in Hong Kong. There are several excellent steak houses in HK so I suggest giving BLT Steak a pass until they get this sorted.

3  Thank Chris W

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I am here for lunch with my family, to start with, the service is terrible, not a single smiling face, all the waiters are grumpy ad if we are here to eat for free.
Saturday brunch is still the same since last year or more.
I ordered a burger and added cheese, I got it without cheese, no even a simple apology, they took it back to the kitchen, 15 minutes later I got it back and of course re heated in the microwave.
My wife got her steak cold and the manager did not understand why she did like it but said "sorry" simply by obligation.

Well, I can write few pages about this experience, the smelly buffet, the fight between 2 waiters, the slooooooowww services, ..... Yes it was really bad.
Very disappointed and I guess it's my last visit here knowing that I visited this place few times before.

It's a shame, I had a lot of expectations, maybe I shouldn't.

My recommendation is to simply avoid it, many better steak houses in Hong Kong.

2  Thank EAS777
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Now it may be that I'm not the right customer for this restaurant but we wanted to eat here so that we could look out over the harbour.

Their main menu item, not surprisingly given the restaurant name, is steak in various guises. Their smallest steak is 8oz and that costs about £30, which I thought was a lot of money, particularly since you have to pay extra for *any* sides.

As a result, I had the cheaper chicken dish, which was nice - the chicken was moist and had a nice flavour.

I also had the sticky toffee pudding, which could have done with more sauce, and the ice cream tasted as if it might have some alcohol in it, which wasn't mentioned on the menu.

What I *did* like and very much appreciate was that I made a reservation via their web site *and* requested a window table. The reservation was acknowledged by email very quickly and my request confirmed. Much appreciated.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Love their popovers (complimentary) although my husband complained that it was a bit too heavy..couldn't help but to agree because I couldn't finish my food no matter how hard I tried. Must blamed those yummy popovers! Husband decided to feed himself with a rib eye steak accompanied with a simple fries. Good choice, it was much better than mine. My 7 spiced duck breast was a little bit too fatty and the foie gras was a bit dull. Personally, I preferred to have my dinner at BLT Burger upstair.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I went there with a friend for brunch and had a great time enjoying the food and the wine. You can enjoy the buffet menu with 1 main course of your choice, plus no stoping wine with an extra amount. The food was delicious and the view is breath taking. I've went during the day but at night it might be an excellent choice.