“Disappointed Fan of the Big Bus”

Big Bus Tours Hong Kong
Ranked #16 of 133 Tours in Hong Kong
Castle Rock, Colorado, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Disappointed Fan of the Big Bus”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I've done Big Bus tours in Paris, Berlin, and Barcelona so I booked a trip while here in Hong Kong. I must say that unlike my other Big Bus rides this one left me quite disappointed. For starters, on the Kowloon side of the tour there's not one interesting bit of audio commentary. All you hear about is how you can find an expensive and inexpensive meal on the streets and similar banal points. Next issue was the interminable waits. I waited 45 minutes for the bus outside the Tin Hau Temple and then once on the bus we had to wait almost as long as we got to the main starting point at TST. So when you combine the lack of interesting commentary and the waits there's really not much value on the Kowloon side. On the Hong Kong side we had issue again with waiting for a bus as we finally gave up after 45 minutes at the Causeway Bay stop. Perhaps some of this was due to the New Year, but if so, they should not be selling full price tickets during this time.

2 Thank agraziano
Andyjackson2223, Manager at Big Bus Tours Hong Kong, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear agraziano,

I am sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience with the Big Bus in Hong Kong, and I apologise on behalf of the company. Our Kowloon tour is, indeed, currently being updated. but this is a very expensive process, as it has to be done in 10 languages; but thank you for your input. The Kowloon tour that you mention does in fact run every 45 minutes, and that is the schedule published in all of our literature. Chinese New Year in Hong Kong is always busy, with an influx of millions of visitors from the mainland, so travel to the Peak in this period, I'm afraid, will always be tricky.......having said that, your Peak Tram ticket from us is a fast entry ticket, if not your 2 hour wait would have been at least doubled. Big Bus is the largest company of its kind in the world, operating in over 15 cities should you ever visit any of our other destinations, please drop me a line, and I will arrange a very special deal for you.

Regards,

• Turkish first
Shenzhen, China
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Excellent option to see a lot in 1 day”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My business offices are in Hong Kong, so needless to say I know the where and how, Nevertheless whenever we have family or friends visiting, we always take the Big Bus. Awesome option to move around crowded Hong Kong. Avoiding taxis, which are very expensive, and taking advantage of the hop on-hop off feature of the tour, that allows everyone to decide how long they want to stay at each spot. I strongly recommend the 48 hours option with the Sampan Tour, Victoria Peak and Kowloon Ferry included.

2 Thank mtpp
Kabul, Afghanistan
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Best Tour Company, don't miss it!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

this is highly recommended to people who visit Hong Kong to take their tours, they have all tours available in HK, me and my friend take most of it, like: Red, Green and Blue line, as well as night Kowloon tour, besides we get tickets for star ferry, the peak tram with (sky pass), Disney land, madame tussauds...etc. all from one place (The Big Bus) and they can answer all your W&H questions as well as guide you what to do.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Anisullah Q
Southampton, United Kingdom
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Excellent means of getting around”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The Big Bus opertation doubles as a sight seeing tour bus and a transportation system. It's "hop on/hop off" way of working makes it an ideal way of getting to and from the places and attractions you want to see using your own timetable. Best way (in my view) was the deluxe ticket which includes all three routes plus sanpan ride, ferry tour and night bus ride. However, we ran out of time to do all the ticket covered. Buses are clean, regular and punctual, and not crowded when we were ther at any time. Pick up free earphones as you board if you want to listen to commentary - though not every jack point works; we had to move around seats once or twice.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Instructorborovets
Edinburgh
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“2 Day Tour - Great Value”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We had not visited Hong Kong before - this is a great way to orientate yourself when you arrive. The tours cover central Hong Kong Island, Stanley and Aberdeen (make sure that you do the sampan trip at Aberdeen - a fun 15 minutes pit stop), Kowloon, a Harbour Tour, your return trip up the Peak, Night Tour of Kowloon complete with return trips on the Star Ferry. The commentary provided basic information and ensured you were set up to explore further if you have the time.

2 Thank Travelhappypair