I had the misfortune to spend a weekend at this hotel, and it was an experience I truly hope never to have to repeat. There was nothing redeeming about the hotel, it's staff or the services provided. The hotel didn't have my booking when I arrived [even with my email confirmation of booking from their sales manager], the staff were entirely unhelpful and unsympathetic, the restaurant was fully booked on the Saturday night, and there is nowehere in the vicinity to eat. Breakfast was uninspiring, with dishes and cutlery left out long after guests had left, I couldn't get any cash [nothing again nearby] so wasn't able even to have a drink in the bar. When I complained, the only thing to try to sweeten the experience was the offer of a late check out -- the last thing I wanted to do was stay longer!
Location is terrible, contruction of the MTR is ongoing, cleanliness is suspect - it's the one hotel where I've felt I needed to wear the complimentary slippers. When I went to the meeting I had on Saturday, I found I was the only person staying in this hotel [which had been recommended by the company hosting the meeting] which sums it all up. Stay once, but never again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uniquely located in the southern district of Hong Kong Island, the contemporary L’hotel Island South is the development of the Chinachem Group. This 37-storey hotel offers 432 spacious and design-led guestrooms and suites that are redefining conventional notions of comfort and style. As a convenience for today's global travelers, L'hotel Island South provides complimentary Wi-Fi internet connection and an array of other advanced technologies, plus superb meeting and banquet venues, a gymnasium and an outdoor pool that offer green vistas, and comprehensive business support. Complementing all of these is an eco-friendly attitude as well as a smart casual service style from our friendly and highly dynamic hotel crew. Whether for business or leisure, guests also enjoy quick and easy access to the territory's prime business, shopping, dining and entertainment hubs as well as a host of nice beaches, nature parks, plus heritage and cultural trails along the southern end of Hong Kong Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your L'hotel Island South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Hotel Island South Hotel Hong Kong
- L'Hotel Island South Hong Kong